Thread: Musket Wet Wedge Charge??!?!?!?!

I've heard about the infamous Wet musket wedge charge... Is Vanya the Impaler the conductor of this symphony of destruction? What does it look like? Is this an urban myth? Determined to find out the truth, myself and 2 friends set out to the woods to find out the truth about the Wet Wedgie Musket Overly Descriptive Charge of Death... What we found was horror indescribable...
    Seriously, does anybody have a recording of this?
    quote:You can gaze upon the lords, but looking at the shogun will make you blind; and the emperor cannot be seen at all. -Old Japanese saying

Well, in MI muskets still shoot in rain, even if their destructive force is reduced to a strategic peanut.

Some use them on wedge...
    Clubbing is entertaining

------------------
    Proud member of Clan Kenchikuka.
    evil is within us...
    Visit my resource site here!

Senior Member Senior Member Jaguara's Avatar

As for myself, the only clubbing I do is on the weekends...
    Toda Nebuchadnezzar : Trust Jaguara to come up with the comedy line

"The only thing I am intolerant of is intolerance"

LOL, to the all musk army all i can say is LOL

Quote Originally posted by DeathOnaPaleHorse:
    [B]I've heard about the infamous Wet musket wedge charge... Is Vanya the Impaler the conductor of this symphony of destruction? What does it look like? Is this an urban myth? Determined to find out the truth, myself and 2 friends set out to the woods to find out the truth about the Wet Wedgie Musket Overly Descriptive Charge of Death... What we found was horror indescribable...
    [B][/QUOTE]

hmmmmmmmmmmm . .. quite. .

------------------
    crying is good in a boy . . . it shows they are sensitive

crying is not good in a man . . . it shows they are a wuss!!!!!

WarlordWarrior
    GARCIN: I "dreamt," you say. It was no dream. When I chose the hardest path, I made my choice deliberately. A man is what he wills himself to be.
    INEZ: Prove it. Prove it was no dream. It's what one does, and nothing else, that shows the stuff one's made of.
    GARCIN: I died too soon. I wasn't allowed time to - to do my deeds.
    INEZ: One always dies too soon - or too late. And yet one's whole life is complete at that moment, with a line drawn neatly under it, ready for the summing up. You are - your life, and nothing else.

Jean Paul Sartre - No Exit 1944

Quote Originally posted by evilc:
    LOL, to the all musk army all i can say is LOL[/QUOTE]

Obviously you have not faced the headless horseman! He will teach you the meaning of fear...

Senior Member Senior Member Krasturak's Avatar

Gah!

You fools!

It is the wet arquibusiers who bring death, destruction and other symphonies.

Leave the muskets in three ranks to fire while the real men with the arqs do the fighting!

Gah!

Sideswipe feature king Member shingenmitch2's Avatar

Horror indescribable indeed. My eyes have seen such things...

"And lo, the world trembled as the hosts of Arques assembled for their grim duty. In fiercesome wedges, rank upon rank stood firm in the blustery gail. With a terrible roar the masses charged, their faces lit like banshees by lightening flashes. In a flood of steel they set upon their doomed prey leaving a wake of carnage in their path..."

It is true, no man can stand against the wet arque wedgie...
    Retreat? Hell, we're just attacking in a different direction...

THE DEADLY SHINGEN

Senior Member Senior Member Obake's Avatar

Krast is right!

The wet Arque wedgie is not an urban myth and does exist!

In fact, I have personally witnessed a wet wedgie take on and take out a Heavy Cav unit by their lonesome. That Heavy Cav unit was owned by none other than AMP! This took place on Magyarorsag shortly after the MI 1.1 release.

------------------
    Obake

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
    Obake

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

Autocrat Member Vlad The Impaler's Avatar

i'm Vlad The Impaler ; Vanya is a diffrent person; known as god of guns or smthin like that
    i don use guns too much , but i like them; and i dont know nthin about wet musk charges

------------------
    Tough Times Don't Last. Tough People Do. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. [Mark Twain]

Quote Originally posted by shingenmitch2:
    Horror indescribable indeed. My eyes have seen such things...

"And lo, the world trembled as the hosts of Arques assembled for their grim duty. In fiercesome wedges, rank upon rank stood firm in the blustery gail. With a terrible roar the masses charged, their faces lit like banshees by lightening flashes. In a flood of steel they set upon their doomed prey leaving a wake of carnage in their path..."

It is true, no man can stand against the wet arque wedgie...
    [/QUOTE]

Very nice little piece of creative writing...

lol, thanks.

THE DEADLY SHINGEN

Senior Member Senior Member ElmarkOFear's Avatar

I am infamous for my wet musket wedge army!!! It ranks right up there with my stinky ashi army! As my musket wedgies beat down the enemy they pull out their water pistols and give them a final coup de grace! OH THE HUMILIATION!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHA Oh . . . sorry . . . . kinda lost myself there for a minute!!
    I see Obake still haunts these hallowed halls. He is like a bad cold . . Once you think he is gone, he comes back even worse than before!! LOL
    When Medieval Total War comes along (which I can buy now since EA is not the publisher!!) I will return, as will most of my UGLY comrades and then everyone will be able to enjoy our company once again and tire themselves out chasing our men off of the field of battle! BEWARE!!
    I hope you guys are having fun and I cannot wait for the new game to come out. I love the Medieval setting and I am sure I will be saying "Nee" to many a brave knight.
    I have seen the future of TW MP and it is XBox Live!

Senior Member Senior Member Kraellin's Avatar

bah! wet wedgies are nothing! if you want to really confound and befuddle your enemy, send your geishas at him in tactical battle. while the .geishax. cutscene keeps him busy, overrun him with miniature kensai slashing away at his underparts.

K.

------------------
    The only absolute is that there are no absolutes.

Quick question since we're talking about wet wedgie units. In WE do xbow men also become weak as mashed up potatoes like musk and arqu's do in STW?

bubba,

i think they would.
    Well Shogun will be the last Total War game for James unless he gets a PC - monkian

Goats will be the death of you.

ELLLLLLMMMMOOOO!

Where the hell have you been?! I need to take a trip down south ways and destroy your copy of Return to Castle Wolfenstein or whatever it is you are playing now!

Why won't you play MI anymore? EA sux, but the new patch (1.02) that Yuuki worked on is excellent. Like old shoggy ++++.

Your STW Nike contract is expiring and they won't re-up with a big signing bonus unless you return to the league ala Jordan

THE DEADLY SHINGEN

Mitch,

A bunch of guys worked on the v1.02, not just me. I don't want to take all the blame.

Elmarko,

You worn out Ghost Recon yet? I guess you have Medal of Honor to get through now. We're down to two guys and sometime only one in the evening who can host big WE/MI games. Krast is so sad about this that he GAH!!'s soup all over the place and himself.

MizuYuuki ~~~

_________Designed to match Original STW gameplay.

Beta 8 + Beta 8.1 patch + New Maps + Sound add-on + Castles 2

X-bow men are still positively deadly.
    Pain is weakness leaving the body.

Krae big LOOOOOSEEEER Too!

Where heck have you been as well? I see you talkin', but I no see you playin!

I think Yuuki lonely Mizu....
    -----------

Oh, BTW how the hell is u at 1400 posts?
    This I wonder about a lot of guys... I post regularly, but not even close! Guess I'm just got a slow "submit now" button :P

[This message has been edited by shingenmitch2 (edited 02-26-2002).]

THE DEADLY SHINGEN

I will have to reinstall shogun on my pc and download the patch and maps again if I decide to play. I am very rusty though and will probably lose swiftly!! Actually, that is the same thing that happened to me when i wasn't rusty . . .hmmmmm LOL How bout setting a date for saturday night at 9 pm eastern? I will host a big 4v4 game. Please let everyone know about it. I will have to try and remember my old family name though. If I have any trouble I will let you guys know. See ya this saturday then!!! BE GENTLE!!!

If I'm a cold old man that would make you Ebola!

Unlike some others, I won't have to re-install the game. It still holds a special place in my heart (wherever I put THAT). I'll be there in all my Ugly splendor on Saturday. I'm sure that there will be others as well. It's going to be an Ugly night!

Mitch, he's got the Nike contract for fastest to die over at Ghost Recon (actually the title belongs to me, but he lied and said it was him). He's actually also in the running to replace George Foreman as spokesman for the Lean Mean Grilling Machine (or whatever the hell it's called). They said that they needed a nice counterpoint to George, and who better than a short, ugly, pop-bottle glasses wearin' hillbilly with a jug of shine slung over one shoulder and a sniper rifle over the other.

------------------
    Obake

Obake

Senior Member Senior Member Vanya's Avatar

There is no game but Shogun. Everything else is irrelevant. To leave Shogun for a lesser game is heresy.

[Sips sake, eats popcorn]

Does anyone every really leave Slice old friend?

I believe that some of the First Ones are just taking a break until the new call to battle is sounded! There are other dimensions that need conquering before we return home.

I look forward to the Medieval version of the Wet Gun Wedgie!

------------------
    Obake

Obake

I am working on the battle strategy for my all trebuchet army!! bWAHAHAHAHA Cya on saturday!!

Senior Member Senior Member Vanya's Avatar

Quote Originally posted by ElmarkOFear:
    I am working on the battle strategy for my all trebuchet army!! bWAHAHAHAHA Cya on saturday!! [/QUOTE]

The bovine chukka! Run for cover! No wait! Chef! I'll have mine medium rare!

[Sips sake, eats popcorn]