Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the Arena! A few things you should know ...

Default Welcome to the Arena! A few things you should know ...

This forum is for the intelligent discussion of games of any type, from any platform including hand helds, and from any era past, present or future. I say intelligent because fanboys can go to www.gamefaqs.com and flame away there, here bashing Nintendo for being 'kiddy', consoles for being retarded, or PC owners for being geeks will not tolerated. The same applies to games, playing Mario does not make someone a 5 year old idiot. This does not mean you have to like everything, just be rational, polite and most importantly give reasons. MTW sux0rs is not what we are looking for, MTW is not a good game because it is unnecessarily complex to learn and does not provide enough in-game information is fine. Obviously there will be disagreements in opinion but so long as they are kept civil there is no problem - I'll say it again this is not gamefaqs

So reviews, tips, discussion, requests for help, anticipation, demo and patch releases, and anything else you can think of all are acceptable. The only games that don't really belong here are Shogun, medieval, and Rome total wars as they have their own forums. If they appear here it should be a more critical thing (e.g. why was MTWs documentation perceived to be worse than STWS? How can this be improved for RTW?) rather than requests for help or general discussion. Do try to keep everything on one game in one topic, having several topics on the same game is redundant and will create clutter.

Please try to keep all technical stuff to the apothecary, or to the hardware forum. Those are the designated tech areas and any tech support topics will be moved.

We are hoping to attract some game developers, regardless of what company they work for they will be welcome. I probably don't need to say be nice to the devs. No need to suck up but don't get personal when criticising a game, it is unlikely that the person you are talking to was personally responsible for releasing the game too early or whatever.

Abandonware, ROMs and emulators
    No links to abandonware please. Unless the copyright holders themselves release the game for download it still counts as piracy, even if the game is very old. Likewise no links to ROMs or emulators.

Language
    I'd like to remind everyone of the org's language policy. Strictly no swearing allowed. No combinations of letters and asterixes allowed either; the word must be entirely blotted out. To give an example using the org's favoruite word (gah!) it must be ***!, and not g*h!

Spoilers
    The forum has a set of spoiler tags. Please use them if posting information which could harm someone's enjoyment of the game, such as details of the ending. The tags are [spoil ] and [/spoil ] just remove the space before the final brackets.
    Last edited by frogbeastegg; 03-28-2007 at 12:00.
    Frogbeastegg's Guide to Total War: Shogun II. Please note that the guide is not up-to-date for the latest patch.

Excellent decision to split this to another forum. The Tavern is already overworked as it is. I hope to enjoy many good thread in here.

PS- A moderator without rags? What is this world coming to?

Innovative Soy Solutions (TM) for a dynamically changing business environment.

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Lehesu @ Feb. 16 2004,15:24)]PS- A moderator without rags? What is this world coming to?
    I'm hoping it will kill off at least some of the misconception that I am male. I am being quoted and my work recommended in more posts and forums that I care to think about and I have got tired of reading posts that say his guide is great, here's a link. Besides this way I get to throw hairpins and smash people on the head with musical instruments just like the geisha in the shogun cutscenes
    Frogbeastegg's Guide to Total War: Shogun II. Please note that the guide is not up-to-date for the latest patch.

Tovenaar Senior Member The Wizard's Avatar

Quote[/b] (frogbeastegg @ Feb. 16 2004,15:44)]I am being quoted and my work recommended in more posts and forums that I care to think about and I have got tired of reading posts that say his guide is great, here's a link.
    For some reason, that sounds very wrong.

~Wiz
    "It ain't where you're from / it's where you're at."

Eric B. & Rakim, I Know You Got Soul

Quote[/b] (Wizzy @ Feb. 16 2004,16:20)]
    Quote[/b] (frogbeastegg @ Feb. 16 2004,15:44)]I am being quoted and my work recommended in more posts and forums that I care to think about and I have got tired of reading posts that say his guide is great, here's a link.

~Wiz
    I don't see it But to be on the safe side I will edit my post and then edit the quote in your post. No one will ever know

Hiya froggy, *love* the new avatar

Now go and make us all some tea
    "I request permanent reassignment to the Gallic frontier. Nay, I demand reassignment. Perhaps it is improper to say so, but I refuse to fight against the Greeks or Macedonians any more. Give my command to another, for I cannot, I will not, lead an army into battle against a civilized nation so long as the Gauls survive. I am not the young man I once was, but I swear before Jupiter Optimus Maximus that I shall see a world without Gauls before I take my final breath."

Senator Augustus Verginius

Quote[/b] (Mount Suribachi @ Feb. 16 2004,17:09)]Hiya froggy, *love* the new avatar
    Thanks

Quote[/b] ]Now go and make us all some tea
    :Throws deadly geisha hairpin at Mount Suribachi...misses and hits the door instead, starts muttering about needing more practise at hairpin throwing, pulls second pin and tries again...this time it hits the wall. Finds she is out of hairpins, mutters about needing more practice and more pins:

Humanist Senior Member A.Saturnus's Avatar

Thumbs up

Now the Tavern-mods give the gamethreads into frogbeastegg´s hands, knowing that they are well placed under her supervision.
    Finally I don´t have to read through BF1945-threads anymore. If we now would make a extra sports-forum, I really would be relieved.

Darkside Medic Senior Member rory_20_uk's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Aaaah, the empire building is finally paying off, eh? Finally a power-base to conquer the world

An enemy that wishes to die for their country is the best sort to face - you both have the same aim in mind.
    Science flies you to the moon, religion flies you into buildings.
    "If you can't trust the local kleptocrat whom you installed by force and prop up with billions of annual dollars, who can you trust?" Lemur
    If you're not a liberal when you're 25, you have no heart. If you're not a conservative by the time you're 35, you have no brain.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute talk with the average voter. Winston Churchill

Legitimate Businessman Member Teutonic Knight's Avatar
    My legitimate mansion bought with legitimate monies.

Quote[/b] (A.Saturnus @ Feb. 16 2004,13:16)]BF1945-threads anymore.
    wasn't much battlefield going on in 1945 m8

Senior Member Senior Member Kraellin's Avatar

i think i'll move about a thousand threads over from the apothecary. lots of nice space in here. *ducks the hairpin*

K.

Quote[/b] (frogbeastegg @ Feb. 16 2004,17:19)]
    Quote[/b] ]Now go and make us all some tea
    :Throws deadly geisha hairpin at Mount Suribachi...misses and hits the door instead, starts muttering about needing more practise at hairpin throwing, pulls second pin and tries again...this time it hits the wall. Finds she is out of hairpins, mutters about needing more practice and more pins:
    Call yourself a Geisha girl? You can't throw a hairpin straight and you *still* haven't made the tea There are lots of thirsty men here
    "I request permanent reassignment to the Gallic frontier. Nay, I demand reassignment. Perhaps it is improper to say so, but I refuse to fight against the Greeks or Macedonians any more. Give my command to another, for I cannot, I will not, lead an army into battle against a civilized nation so long as the Gauls survive. I am not the young man I once was, but I swear before Jupiter Optimus Maximus that I shall see a world without Gauls before I take my final breath."

Quote[/b] (Mount Suribachi @ Feb. 16 2004,19:51)]Call yourself a Geisha girl?
    No, I call myself a frog

Quote[/b] ]You can't throw a hairpin straight
    I've only had them for less than a day I need practise :throws hairpin at Mount Suribachi's feet, hits the tip of his hat instead: I'm getting better

Quote[/b] ]and you *still* haven't made the tea There are lots of thirsty men here
    I don't do tea unless it has poison in it. This is geisha STW style - I kill stuff in an assortment of amusing ways, I don't sit around entertaining people. :sends cup of tea to Mount Suribachi: Enjoy

Hope guides me Senior Member Hosakawa Tito's Avatar

Quote[/b] ]PS- A moderator without rags? What is this world coming to?
    What, and cover up that pretty face?

Give her a chance and she'll get the Tea Ceremony down pat. Use more wrist and less arm in that hairpin toss, Froggy, you'll be hitting the mark in no time.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." *Jim Elliot*

Besides, those of us with wives/girl friends know that men should NEVER make fashion suggestions to a woman.
    This space intentionally left blank

Quote[/b] (frogbeastegg @ Feb. 16 2004,21:16)]:sends cup of tea to Mount Suribachi:
    *eyes cup of tea suspiciously*

Quote[/b] (frogbeastegg @ Feb. 16 2004,17:07)]
    Quote[/b] (Wizzy @ Feb. 16 2004,16:20)]

~Wiz
    I don't see it But to be on the safe side I will edit my post and then edit the quote in your post. No one will ever know
    his guide is great, here's a link

That's what sounds so wrong to me, milady.

~Wiz

Quote[/b] (Wizzy @ Feb. 17 2004,14:37)]his guide is great, here's a link

That's what sounds so wrong to me, milady.

~Wiz
    Ah, ok I thought you meant wrong as in innuendo or something. In that case I just edit everyone else's posts until they are all correct...now how to become a mod at .com and on all the other forums here? :starts plotting:

Well, the simplest & most fun way would be to practise your hairpin throwing and take out all the mods one by one.............

The Anger Shaman of the .Org Content Manager Voigtkampf's Avatar

So I am only few days away and already there is a new forum? I sure am surprised, but this one is a mighty good addition/subtraction from the overfilled Tavern. I am sure that Lady frogbeastegg will do more than a fine job

Beware yourself, I'll be back for tips on how to seduce Bastila

Today is your victory over yourself of yesterday; tomorrow is your victory over lesser men.

Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Five Rings, The Water Book

heH MOdsS
    "talking poo is where I draw the line"-Eric Cartman
    Long live the resistance.

The Black Senior Member Papewaio's Avatar

Thumbs up

Excellent

I hope this goes as well as I hope.

Glad to see Frog-sama as the moderator

Quote[/b] ]Besides, those of us with wives/girl friends know that men should NEVER make fashion suggestions to a woman.
    ... Except Soly...

Quote[/b] ]Aaaah, the empire building is finally paying off, eh? Finally a power-base to conquer the world

Well instead of Geisha Frog... should it be Mistress of the Empire Frog?

Anyhow have fun and I will pop in as much as I can.

Our genes maybe in the basement but it does not stop us chosing our point of view from the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat
    Pape for global overlord!!
    Quote Originally Posted by English assassin
    Squid sources report that scientists taste "sort of like chicken"
    Quote Originally Posted by frogbeastegg View Post
    The rest is either as average as advertised or, in the case of the missionary, disappointing.

Guardian of the Fleet Senior Member Shahed's Avatar

Talking

Congratulations once again, dear Exploding Amphibian Geisha

Welcome to The Arena All
    Have FUN & ENJOY the games

If you remember me from M:TW days add me on Steam, do mention your org name.

http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/__shak

A Veteran Wargamer Member kiwitt's Avatar

Welcome to the Arena ... Let the Games begin
    We work to live, and to live is to, play "Total War" or drive a VR-4

Mount Suribachi good idea but where will I hide the bodies...?

voigtkampf I am always available to talk KOTOR, just so long as I don't spark another month long hunt for a specific line of dialogue like I did at the Bioware forums. You'd never think so many people would go crazy when I casually mentioned Bastila had a line that went I will be both your lover and apprentice - it took over a month before someone else managed to get that line I got fed up of repeating what quests etc I had done in the game where I got that line.

Papewaio Hardly an empire, just the one forum so geisha frog will do...for now, at least until I take over a few more

Sinan

Quote[/b] (frogbeastegg @ Feb. 23 2004,21:03)]Mount Suribachi good idea but where will I hide the bodies...?
    Don't they teach you that stuff at Geisha Girl school?

Quote[/b] (Mount Suribachi @ Feb. 24 2004,07:30)]Don't they teach you that stuff at Geisha Girl school?
    Haven't you seen the cutscenes? Geisha always leave the bodies lying around as they make a fast but dignified exit. Since I would be staying here and taking over I need to be above suspicion

ahh, I see. Then what you need is an assistant to dispose of the bodies and generally tidy up whilst you slip away. Preferably they shouldn't dob you in if captured either.

How do you get this patsie, er, I mean assistant?

well, you tempt them with offers of promotion to assistant moderator and seduce them with your geisha girl way - you know offer a little something to gain a little something, but really give nothing and gain a lot....

You've got plenty of male suitors round here. I'm sure they'd be only to willing to remove your hairpin from Gregoshis lifeless eyeball, dispose of his corpse, then return said hairpin all shiny and clean to you in the vain hope that you *just might* strut your Geisha stuff for them.

How does frogbeastegg, all round word mangler, exploding amphibian, Geisha Girl & Infernal Venus sound?

o_ô

[quietly reaches for axe, while sneaking up on Mount]

~Wiz

Quote[/b] (Mount Suribachi @ Feb. 24 2004,18:56)]How does frogbeastegg, all round word mangler, exploding amphibian, Geisha Girl & Infernal Venus sound?
    I'm not sure it would fit in the box

Well your idea is... , very Before I could do that I need to learn how to hit my chosen target with a hairpin, who my loyal supporters are, what exactly strut your Geisha stuff means and how to do that, what my geisha girl way means and how to use that, and finally start planning where to hit first. I think .com has the largest percentage of people posting about this mysterious frogbeastegg and his guide...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast