Thread: The Anticipation....

Senior Member Senior Member Shiro's Avatar

...is killing me! No news on the community site yet. I need to know about the expansion. Especially with interest in the game (here in the dojo anyway) decreasing.
    -Shiro
    "Everything Shiro said sounds good to me."
    -Solypsist
    "Catiline is the one with the black rag and Shiro is erm...the other one..."
    -Tosa

this what you need?

Shogun: Total War Warlord Edition

Senior Member Senior Member Kurando's Avatar

I've also updated the main page with another article as referance. Thanks for the 411 Raskal!

Modern civilization is a vast conspiracy against silence

Let the tatami and your foreheads meet, everyone! The Mikado (if R. Skinner's the Shogun, then... ) enlights us with the most definitive answer to our Perpetual Question that I can think of.

There's been a name change, it seems, but otherwise, the text on that web page is almost exactly the same as the one on the press release I posted earlier. With one significant exception: my obsolete WordPad chose not to recognize that bulleted list which promises even more exciting features! All the talk about hoaxes or pranks, and then it turns out to be even better than we originally expected. Fulfillment. Thank you.

------------------
    "The right use of the sword is that it should subdue the barbarians while lying gleaming in its scabbard. If it leaves its sheath it cannot be said to be used rightly."
    - Tokugawa Ieyasu: Legacy
    "It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this".
    - Yamamoto Tsunetomo: Hagakure

New Addion - spring 2001?? So in other words I am going to pay forty dollars min. for a patch. Smart company, why give the patch away free when you can sell it, I will be buying for sure......

karoshi Senior Member solypsist's Avatar

Well until I see some screenshots, I dunno. I got kinda burned with the Cleopatra expansion to Pharaoh, so I hope there's a whole hell of a lot of meat on this silicon porkchop.

Senior Member Senior Member Dark Phoenix's Avatar

Hi everyone this is great news.

There is also something at Gamespot and it also has screen shots. One of the screenshots is that of a battle on the beach.

I dont know if this has been said earlier but you have a choice of playing Oda Nobunaga, Totoyomi Hideyoshi or Tokugawa Iesayu.

Phoenix
    DP is correct - Shiro

Senior Member Senior Member Kurando's Avatar

Here's a link to the GameSpot article. The Mongol thing is cool but the best news maybe the release of the editing tools!

Quote In addition, the Warlord Edition opens the game up to potential expansion by releasing both map and scenario editors. With these two tools, users will be able to create new tactical maps and whole strategic campaigns for single- and multiplayer play.[/QUOTE]

Modern civilization is a vast conspiracy against silence

Senior Member Senior Member Erado San's Avatar

Looks Cool.

In one of the screenshots you can see some info on the new units.

Most units have 120 troops, but 2 have only 40 and one unit has only 1 soldier.

There's also a screenshot of the strategic map which has an interesting detail: The year is 1274.
    A voice from the past is heard in the lands...

From what it looks like, the 40-men units are Ninja. I presume that the 1-man unit is the Sword Saint, on account of these being extremely rare individuals indeed (it is probably an exaggeration to feature them at all).

------------------
    MizuRob Hojo
    Honour to clan Takiyama

You're likely right, Rob-sama: I jumped to the same conclusions. It seems also that the small unit icon (on the strategy map) shows the unit leader's rank. A nice little improvement, that.

------------------
    "The right use of the sword is that it should subdue the barbarians while lying gleaming in its scabbard. If it leaves its sheath it cannot be said to be used rightly."
    - Tokugawa Ieyasu: Legacy
    "It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this".
    - Yamamoto Tsunetomo: Hagakure

karoshi Senior Member solypsist's Avatar

whoah.

i got a look at the new units (from the same screenshots) and i wonder if they'll be available in mp.
    probably, but then they seem so specialized it might not be advatageous to use them without a specific mission.

Wow, unit training abilities, amazing! I'll love to see how that come out.
    A great warrior rarely reveal his true skills....

as we are all talking about the same screenshot...have the naginata got new pic?
    Seems like it or is it a new unit? Cos the in all the info we have it said 6 new units and always listed only 4 Kensai, Korean Aux, Mongol Cav, Ninja......

opinions?

------------------
    Hirosito Mori

A warrior's wisdom is shown in the treating of his defeated opponent
    Hirosito Mori

Hirosito the Baptist of the Babbiest Babe Thread.

Gentile or Jew
    O you who turn the wheel and look to windward,
    Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.

mongol cav consists of several type of units

light heavy elite for example, and hehehe even dummy straw horsebackriders
    Clan Wolves: 10 years in Total War
    visit us at wolves.magyarkhan.org
    and youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/ClanWolves
    and watch a Creative Assembly employee struggle in battle....

Not THAT would be interesting! It looks like a full 120-man unit, but only 25% of them actually DO anything! The second and third ranks just follow the front line. You get the morale bonuses, just not the actual combatants. Great for drawing off yari, or tricking opponents to thinking they're being flanked.... Not to give away any tactics or anything.

-- B)