Thread: i\'m writing a War Story...post idea\'s here

Yorkist Senior Member NagatsukaShumi's Avatar

Hey people...........

I'm writing a sotry set in the Sengoku Jidai era, post anything you'd like to see within it and I'll try to fit them in somewhere in some form (Note it will be very big 200+ pages atleast). Everything contained within it will be both Fiction and Non-Fiction, but all based on the real history behind it.

It's title is-Sengoku (Likely to change if you can think of anything better, it's about a man who joins one of the Daimyo's armies and eventually becomes a great warlord so you have an idea of what it's about)
    RIP TosaInu
    Ja Mata

Toda Nebuchadnezzar

Something about the Toda Clan who fought (on the losing side) at the battle of Sekigahara.

Like to see you dig up some history about them.

------------------
    He is the Messiah
    No i'm not the Messiah
    Only the true Messiah would deny it.
    Alright then I am the Messiah.
    HE IS THE MESSIAH HOORAY!!!

The Dwarfs silently hid behind the steep hill awaiting the dreaded greenskins.2 hours of waiting they finally marched down the path and the dwarfs.....attacked.

lollol whooooaaaa fit that in if you please.
    Well Shogun will be the last Total War game for James unless he gets a PC - monkian

Goats will be the death of you.

Toda Nebuchadnezzar

James, this is not a fantasy battle.

Thats just stupid isnt it! post productively this isn't off topic

------------------
    He is the Messiah
    No i'm not the Messiah

the goldfish Senior Member tootee's Avatar

Oh man, Vanya is the man to consult!

------------------
    tootee the goldfish,
    headmaster of Shogun-Academy
    ------------------
    tootee the goldfish,
    loyal roach of Clan S.G.

Senior Member Senior Member Vanya's Avatar

Pick a hero people can identify with and a worthy villain to oppose him. Writing a 'history' of the Sengoku would be just another text book. So, use the hero and the villain to expose the dynamics of the era through their eyes. Feel free to merge actual personalities for dramatic effect. It is a practice commonly used in Hollywood. IE, if using Takeda as a villain is not enough, merge him with Hojo to create a mega-threat, or merge him with a fanatical Ikko-Ikkei monk to make him a fierce zealot.

[Sips sake, eats popcorn]

Well......I was planning on using my name as the main character...but, I don't know now, probably change it. My main villain was going to be Oda Nobunaga (Mount Hei monk slaughter anyone), but I dunno, I'd reveal what the storyline was but that'd spoil it.
    RIP TosaInu
    Ja Mata

Quote Originally posted by NagatsukaShumi:
    Well......I was planning on using my name as the main character...but, I don't know now, probably change it. My main villain was going to be Oda Nobunaga (Mount Hei monk slaughter anyone), but I dunno, I'd reveal what the storyline was but that'd spoil it.[/QUOTE]

Ah so! That is fine to make the main character yourself! You gonna be a samurai or a peasant? Oda was 'into' peasants. So you could be an Ashigaru... and Oda betrayed you by taking your wife and sister for himself... but you tried to save them and he killed your family... and you went ronin and vowed to avenge your loss...

... and found your way to the monastaries in Kaga... and learned the dark arts from a master in the mountains... and joined the monk ranks to fight Oda... kinda live a religious Braveheart... the disembowelment at the end is up to you ...

Or, you could be a captured adversary, say Mori or Takeda... forced to endure slavery in Odas rice paddies... and you escape, kinda like 'Missing In Action' with Chucky...

Or your a foreigner -- Portuguese or Chinese/Korean... You could start out selling guns to Oda and then find out of his evil plans and try to pull out, only to be incarcerated for 'treason'...

Just some ideas to get you started... you don't have to use any of them, of course. The story will be yours...

GAH!

Some good idea's, you've definately concreted Oda as the "ultimate evil" in my head now
    RIP TosaInu
    Ja Mata

the goldfish Senior Member tootee's Avatar

Quote Originally posted by Vanya:
    Ah so! That is fine to make the main character yourself! You gonna be a samurai or a peasant? Oda was 'into' peasants. So you could be an Ashigaru... and Oda betrayed you by taking your wife and sister for himself... but you tried to save them and he killed your family... and you went ronin and vowed to avenge your loss...

... and found your way to the monastaries in Kaga... and learned the dark arts from a master in the mountains... and joined the monk ranks to fight Oda... kinda live a religious Braveheart... the disembowelment at the end is up to you ...

Or, you could be a captured adversary, say Mori or Takeda... forced to endure slavery in Odas rice paddies... and you escape, kinda like 'Missing In Action' with Chucky...

Or your a foreigner -- Portuguese or Chinese/Korean... You could start out selling guns to Oda and then find out of his evil plans and try to pull out, only to be incarcerated for 'treason'...

Just some ideas to get you started... you don't have to use any of them, of course. The story will be yours...

GAH!

[/QUOTE]

Wow man, I sure like what you write Vanya, from episode123 to this, are you a professional storyteller?

------------------
    tootee the goldfish,
    headmaster of Shogun-Academy
    ------------------
    tootee the goldfish,
    loyal roach of Clan S.G.

Quote Originally posted by tootee:
    Wow man, I sure like what you write Vanya, from episode123 to this, are you a professional storyteller?

[/QUOTE]

I can say that I have not collected a single red cent from any of my stories... only 'grades'...

Toda Nebuchadnezzar

Vanya it is time for you to publish your episodes into a trilogy of books man. You could make some good money because of the Japan hype that is going on right now! (I have never seem the episodes but i suspect they are about Japan)

Seriously think about publishing them, you could make a small profit from them.

------------------
    He is the Messiah
    No i'm not the Messiah