Thread: MAJOR UPDATE! Please read

Yorkist Senior Member NagatsukaShumi's Avatar

Hello, thanks for reading

As you hopefully know, I am currently making a Historical Battle upgrade which will bring the total number of battles up to around 52 battles, here's the list of new battles

Akechi
    Anegawa
    Arai
    Second Azukizaka
    Dan no Ura
    First Gassan-Toda
    Second Gassan-Toda
    Hetsugigawa
    Hitadori
    Iwamura
    Ichi no Tani
    Iwaya
    Kawagoe
    Second Kawanakajima
    Fourth Kawanakajima
    Kizakihara
    First Konodai
    Second Konodai
    Koriyama
    Kôzuki
    Kurikara
    Kurokawa
    Mikatagahara
    Miki
    Mimasetoge
    Mimigawa
    Minatogawa
    Miyajima
    Jûshijô
    Nagakute
    Nagaragawa
    Nagashima
    Nagashino
    4th Adoni
    Odawara
    Okehazama
    Okitanawate
    Osaka
    Ôtate no Ran
    Ôtsu
    Sakai
    Sekigahara
    Sendaigawa
    Shizugatake
    Takamatsu
    Takatenjin
    Tedorigawa
    Tottori
    Uedahara
    Uzu
    Yamazaki

Each of these battles were taken from www.samurai-archives.com, incase you are wondering about that.

Anyway, here's something that I hope will bring attention to some people

I am looking for testers for the battles, I want to make this a great upgrade, even if it means many a change, testers are their to help make it a better upgrade, mail me at samandshirley@splaxton.fsnet.co.uk for any requests or if you want to be a tester.

Now, I am also working on a Campaign, but don't expect that for quite a bit.

Anyway, some info on the Campaign now, and it is about a real time in history. It starts in 1543, when three Portuguese merchants brought the first ever guns into turbulent Japan, thus changing warefare forever! As with Frantz's Genpei War campaign, many things will be modified! I hope to make this campaign challenging for all, and show just how important guns became in Japan, as did the Ashigaru.

Now onto the site which will become a great resource center, probably the biggest historical resource center on the entire internet, or atleast it will be when it's all said and done. The site will go in-dpeth on EVERY major war in the history as of our planet, and when it is all done, it will be the biggest Historical War resource site on the entire internet, though we still need staff, otherwise the dream will take longer than expected. I know you guys are very interested in certain periods in time, and we want staff. But when all wars are done, don't think it's over, oh no. Updates will come fast and thick, mostly will be MOD's to games like Shogun, War Stories will be there as well, forums will be there as well for disucssions, columns on things like the popular European Knights vs Japanese Samurai on the Medieval Froums here will be there as well, plus, if it ever goes through, many pictures of Museum artifacts from places like the Royal Armoury in Leeds, and maybe from the countries the wars happened in themselves. As you can probably see this is going to be a huge project, and as you cna imagine, YOUR HELP IS NEEDED! Positions are still open, mail me at samandshirley@splaxton.fsnet.co.uk for more information, I hope many of you will, this will be a great site when finished.

That's about it, thank you for reading
    RIP TosaInu
    Ja Mata

Blog Entries

well,

i would help u a bit, but my email dont work rigth now, ..server still down....

just tell me how i can help...

koc

------------------
    Grey Wolves

Well, if you cna help only a bit, doing an entire section for us wouldn't be a good idea, due to the size they will be, maybe some resource finding, erm making mod's for games based on real wars like Shogun stuff like that, depends what you'd want to do
    RIP TosaInu
    Ja Mata

I feel morally obliged to be kind for a second here, as no one ever did this for me--

Look, Nagatsuka-- You will probably very soon find yourself facing a great deal of silence. And you will wonder what is the meaning of this silence. Well, it doesn't mean anyone has anything against you personally, but it also doesn't mean that they're just biding their time to come out of the bushes and check things out.

Basically, in an absolute sense you're trying to do too much too fast while you're too new and before you have any commitments of assistance. In a Total War Community sense, trying to do anything period is almost always a waste of energy.

There is a select and exclusive group of people in this community who are the only ones who have ever had any success in getting anything done. Your own success, if there would be any, depends on your ability to link up with these people. And you haven't done that yet.

I don't wanna be a downer, but if someone had sat me down and explained all this to me several months ago, it may have saved me at the least a lot of angst.

Matt

------------------
    !KABOOM! -- The Thunderbomber Creed

Well I have kind of a link with Tosa Inu, I believe he's one of the select group.

And I don't beleive it to be too much too fast, and it may sound stupid, but I don't like benefiting of others in the sense that, I like to get to places on my own with very little help, unless of coarse help is needed

But I do agree that I need links with these people, as far as MOD's for Shogun are concerned, but the website isn't exactally only linked with this community, it's just a resource site for people wanting to know more about certain wars.

Though I'm new to the community I certainly aren't new to the game itself, so because I aren't a big name yet I still hope people won't put my work down because of it, unless they actually do not enjoy it, then they can put it down all they want.

It's truly a shame that you have to have links with the "big guns" to get recognition
    RIP TosaInu
    Ja Mata

Senior Member Senior Member Boromir's Avatar

A fine message from the "positive" Mr Khan.

good luck to you Shumi and GL in the tourney...

Boromir...

Sven Goran-Eriksson is a very very very nice man