0 0%
  • Mercians

1 5.26%
  • Northumbrians

1 5.26%

Thread: Choose next faction for PBM

Senior Member Senior Member katank's Avatar

Hi everyone,
    The Byz PBM game just wrapped up and I'm wondering which faction would people be most interested in next.
    I listed the above factions that didn't have a recent PBM game. Any other suggestions?

For TosaInu and the Org Senior Member The_Emperor's Avatar

Just to let you all know the Russian Tzars PBEM is still active, and the file has been uploaded to the PBEM Webspace...

Also a Viking Campaign has already been done, search for a Thread Called Fury of the Northmen and you can read about it.

"Believe those who are seeking the truth; doubt those who find it."

Flying Dutchman Member Ellesthyan's Avatar

Hi guys, I'd like to ask you if there is any support for a Medmod 3.14 game. I'd love to play a PBM, but I don't want install another mtw (I've got 2 installed already) so I hope there are others like me

I recommend the mod over the original game as it clears up many, many small and larger mistakes, besides creating special units for every faction. It makes truly a whole new game, and for all you experts the game is a hell of a lot more difficult

So... Anyone out there?
    A.E.I.O.U.

Austria Est Imperare Orbi Universo
    Austria is destined to rule the world.

(Or, as the Prussians interpretated it:
    Austria Erit In Orbe Ultima
    Austria will one day be lowest in the world.)

Österreich über alles!

Is this for patched MTW (1.1)? If so, I'd love a Spanish PBEM. I tried my own but it didn't work out.
    “A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship But it is not this day, an hour of wolves and shattered shields when the age of men comes crashing down, but it is not this day This day we fight” – Aragorn, King of Gondor

-=Allies & Axis Total War=-

Member Member Sir Zack de Caldicot's Avatar

I think we should get an Irish PBM going. They are fun, have rich lands, and are fortified....Lets not forget the vikings though
    I WANT ROME - TOTAL WAR

For England and St.George Senior Member ShadesWolf's Avatar

Mercia would be a nice game, centre of the country and a lot of areas to advance into, Plus its my home
    ShadesWolf
    The Original HHHHHOWLLLLLLLLLLLLER

Im a Wolves fan, get me out of here......

In a top-secret lab planning world domination

Here are the factions I'd like most to see (in this order):

1. Irish. Isn't it true that they don't have any archers, but are stuck with only some short-range dartmen? This might force a different, rather unique playing style.

2. Picts/Northumbrians. They just might pose a good challenge, since they're not really among the most powerful VI factions.

3. Egyptians. I don't think they've been chosen for a PBM campaign yet. It might be an easy one, since they start so large and wealthy, but then again, I bet they have a few good unique units. High period would be good.

4. Danes. Since they start so small, it might be a long campaign, but it would still be fun to see the Vikings conquering all of Europe.

VI campaigns may be short, but at least this means they have a smaller chance of becoming orphaned. With a full MTW campaign, it's more likely someone will not be able to complete their reign/writeup, but more people get a chance to play. So I guess there's a tradeoff.
    If you define cowardice as running away at the first sign of danger, screaming and tripping and begging for mercy, then yes, Mr. Brave man, I guess I'm a coward. -Jack Handey

Protecting the border fort Member Chimpyang's Avatar

I may start an Egyptian one when the Polish finishes (long time from now) but then again i may not

For TosaInu and the Org Senior Member The_Emperor's Avatar

Just to remind you guys the Aragon Campaign needs a new line of kings as well...
    "Believe those who are seeking the truth; doubt those who find it."