Page 105 of 105 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105
Results 3,121 to 3,135 of 3135

Thread: BKB Super Mod

Default Re: BKB Super Mod

Great Stazi,thanks!

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

You can also attach files, although I'm not sure how big therother has set the max file size on. For example:

LATE_MODDED_CRUSADERS_UNIT_PROD11.ZIP
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

If necro'ing threads is not allowed here, I apologise, but I don't know how to launch BKB on my MTW (gold). Is there a specific place to install it, do I have to replace the files with the ones from the mod?

Camel Lord Senior Member Capture The Flag Champion Martok's Avatar
    In my own little world....but it's okay, they know me there.

Well if it's anything like when I installed the XL Mod to my Steam version of MTW Gold (and I suspect it has to be similar), then the install path might be something like this:

(My) Computer --> Local Disk --> Program Files --> Steam --> SteamApps --> common --> Total War Medieval 1 Gold
    "MTW is not a game, it's a way of life." -- drone

It's been a good +15 years since i last played Medieval+BKB Super mod, and glad to have finally got it all working on a modern system!

Yes this is in 2020 (on a Ryzen 5 under Windows 7!) and i still rate this as the 'best' version of a Total War game you can play, so my thanks to BKB for making such a great mod possible :)

Having said that i still find the install instructions a little hard to follow. In the end i just make sure that BKB installs in the main directory where the main game (and .exe are located) as this is 'normal' for pretty much any game mods in general, they are going to over-write or sit alongside the original game files (how else is the game exe going to know where to look for them).

So far i'm enjoying a game trying to unite the British Isles under Cymru (welsh in anglo-saxon tongue) rule :) That is never an easy task!

Install Tips:

1. if installing from DVD's (as i did) make sure to install the M:TW 1.1patch before the Viking Invasion expansion (to avoid the 'FN_Egyptian not found' type errors)
    2. use the 'ddraw.dll' fix by Sepheus to get higher resolution options (and avoid CTD's due to all that) - place it in the main game directory.
    3. (possible fix) when setting compatibility options, turn of all visual effects (tick those boxes) to force a 16bit desktop colour switch (as M:TW came out during that period before 32 bit colour was the norm iirc?).
    Last edited by Carac Caratacus; 05-29-2020 at 11:30.

Quote Originally Posted by drone View Post
    On your second question, I think I know the problem. If you look in the startpos files (located in BKB top level dir\Medieval - Total War\campmap\startpos, file names Super Early.txt, Super High.txt, Super Late.txt), there are lines that start with "SetBorderInfo::".
    Code:
    SetBorderInfo::	ID_WALES	ID_IRELAND	5120	5664	0	LUSH	AT_WESTERN_EUROPEAN	COAST	FLT2HLL	NO_RIVER
    SetBorderInfo::	ID_IRELAND	ID_WALES	6592	6128	0	LUSH	AT_WESTERN_EUROPEAN	COAST	FLT2HLL	NO_RIVER
    This tells the game how to handle the border in the campaign. For the provinces ID_IRELAND and ID_WALES, it looks like the border is described as coastal, flat to hilly, no river. Looking in Medieval - Total War\Battle\Maps, it doesn't look like there are any maps that start with "flattohillscoastal", so I assume the game is loading the default. There are a couple of other borders set like this, they will probably have the same problem.

I don't know if BKB had a mappack that had battlefields to match these types. Without any new maps, I would say change the the "FLT2HLL" to either "FLAT" or "HILLY", there are maps for these settings in the vanilla game.
    I know this was a LONGTIME ago now! But the price error for the stone mason (100 instead of 1000) is still present in the BKB Super Mod, so i figure this error is also still an issue.

Anyway looking through the MTW's default files the problem might be that in the Super Mod text line given above, it is using a direct connection between Ireland and Wales (therefore a LAND connection!) where it should be ID_IRISH_SEA to ID_WALES and vice versa? And then a single geographic description in place of FLT2HLL, as is the norm for all sea to land connections? So something like this:

Code:
    SetBorderInfo::	ID_IRISH_SEA	ID_IRELAND	4640	6512	0	LUSH	AT_WESTERN_EUROPEAN	COAST	HILLY	NO_RIVER
    SetBorderInfo::	ID_IRISH_SEA	ID_WALES	5792	6984	0	LUSH	AT_WESTERN_EUROPEAN	COAST	HILLY	NO_RIVER
    Those are lines taken directly from the games default fies for 'EARLY'. There is no Ireland to Wales land connection, which might be why the game freaks out here in the mod when playing those movements? Or i could have got it all wrong? Difficult to say as i have not tested it yet! :)
    Last edited by Carac Caratacus; 05-30-2020 at 10:13.

Second-hand chariot salesman Senior Member macsen rufus's Avatar

The 'land connections' to Ireland are deliberately changed, as you otherwise get the 'rebellion island' effect if the province is cut off. I think you'll find other islands also have landlinks added in this mod (and yeah, a couple of years since I last played this one...)

If you're getting the default map (usually with a black preview screen before battle) then that means the map type is missing. As you guessed, the obvious option is to change the map type in the border info section. A better option is to make yourself some extra maps

You should find in this mod entries for: SetBorderInfo:: ID_IRELAND ID_WALES ...... & vice versa. These will determine the land crossing map. You'll still need the SetBorderInfo:: ID_IRISH_SEA ID_IRELAND type entries for naval invasions from further afield.

Good luck with it
    Last edited by macsen rufus; 05-31-2020 at 15:08.
    ANCIENT: TW

A mod for Medieval:TW (with VI)

Discussion forum thread

Download A Game of Thrones Mod v1.4

Thanks for that info macsen rufus, i'll have a look for some mappacks that include the required type, or (easier no doubt!) change the "FLT2HLL" entry to "HILLY" for Wales and "FLAT" for Ireland.

Your Ancient: TW mod is one i want to get around to trying, i don't remember it from when i last was playing, so thanks for popping in here for the help and reminder to check your mod out :)

Member thankful for this post:

Hi,

i installed BKB super mod and i get this error when entering in battle:

Hard-sprites failed to load.
    error: (0) (00000000)

Can anyone help me? I believe this is related to some missing unit animation.

Thank you

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

What type of MTW is it? Steam or non-Steam?
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Quote Originally Posted by edyzmedieval View Post
    What type of MTW is it? Steam or non-Steam?
    MTW1 VI - Steam
    Last edited by trustpt; 06-14-2020 at 01:57.

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Thing is, MTW mods are not suited for MTW Steam version unfortunately. They're different (MTW standard) compared to MTW Steam and as such you wlll get errors.

Try and do a fresh reinstall and see how that works.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Second-hand chariot salesman Senior Member macsen rufus's Avatar

Most mods work with Steam, but as Edyz says, there can be some errors. The hard sprites failing to load sounds more like missing graphics. I might be able to help pin it down if you say what units were in the battle and what factions (I'm playing a BKB campaign now, so might get some ideas....)
    ANCIENT: TW

A mod for Medieval:TW (with VI)

Discussion forum thread

Download A Game of Thrones Mod v1.4

Just installed the mod. I'm using Steam. Installed to my Steam Library-> Steamapps-> Commom -> Total War Medieval 1 Gold folder, which is where my .exe resides. I open the game, I can see the 3 Super periods as well as the 3 originals. But if I click on one of the mod periods, there is no map and it either just crashes back to the Steam Launch screen or goes to the factions screen with a bunch of jumbled code for each faction then crashes after a few seconds. I installed the mod then patch over a Clean Install of MTW 1. Any suggestions fellas? I have tried to scour this forum for ideas, but no luck....

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: BKB Super Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Kmark2323 View Post
    Just installed the mod. I'm using Steam. Installed to my Steam Library-> Steamapps-> Commom -> Total War Medieval 1 Gold folder, which is where my .exe resides. I open the game, I can see the 3 Super periods as well as the 3 originals. But if I click on one of the mod periods, there is no map and it either just crashes back to the Steam Launch screen or goes to the factions screen with a bunch of jumbled code for each faction then crashes after a few seconds. I installed the mod then patch over a Clean Install of MTW 1. Any suggestions fellas? I have tried to scour this forum for ideas, but no luck....
    This is just a guess, but R:TW Steam-edition had problems with mods if these involved long file path lengths. That means: the combined filename of the both the file itself, and the folders it was in, was too much for the game to handle (say: C:\Program files\Applications\Games\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\Common\Rome total war\modXL\data\graphics\textures\unit_4321_Roman_Polybian_Triarii_plus_greaves_and_shortswords.jif).

You could be resolved this by uninstalling the game and reinstalling via Steam, but not putting it in the default folder. Instead, use a shorter folder name (C:\RTW).

Let me know if this works.

Page 105 of 105 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105