Page 95 of 105 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,850 of 3135

Thread: BKB Super Mod

Default Re: BKB Super Mod

u hav indeed confused me more than ever........how is this simple!!!

i found dux easier to install :P

Hi mate i have a problem i am playing the Almoravids the game did a CTD a cople of times at the year 1199 so i started a new game only to have a look if it wos sommething else but the game workt fine so i went to my save game at 1199 and it did a CTD again i lookt at my units and Qadi s but all seems fine i dont now wot the problem is?????is there maybe somme bug?? i still got the save game maybe you want to have a look?

P.S. mate it only CTD when i go to next year i press the next year button and then all the king s faces show up like normal and then it CTD

hi mate i stil got a saved game from the Almoravids starting at 1197 so i started to play that game and i past the year 1199 nothing happend all whent fine but it started again (CTD) around 1208 so i started again but it did the same thing i think there s a bug at the Almoravids campain i dont now if you now about this or any one else

Prussian Musketeer Member Faenaris's Avatar

Hiya all,

I have a request regarding the patch for BKB's mod. I know that the link works and I should be able to get it. However, I have tried for over 2 weeks now, at various moments, and I still have no luck.

Could someone be so kind to upload the patch to filefront or Rapidshare? Even Fileplanet would be good. :)

Thanks in advance,

BK
    Signature by Atterdag

"Hunde, wollt ihr ewig leben?" ("Dogs, do you want to live forever?") - Frederick II of Prussia at the battle of Kolin when adressing his fleeing Prussian soldiers.

Blog Entries

I used the link last night and it dl'd just fine for me... all you need to do is go into BKB 2.0 Link at 3D Downloads. Select Previous, Scroll Down a bit and the 2.1 Patch Will show right up.

Prussian Musketeer Member Faenaris's Avatar

Thanks, Wakizashi. Your method worked perfectly. :)
    Signature by Atterdag

"Hunde, wollt ihr ewig leben?" ("Dogs, do you want to live forever?") - Frederick II of Prussia at the battle of Kolin when adressing his fleeing Prussian soldiers.

hi mate i have a other question as well mate wot dose a HERETIC PRIEST do ?

Boondock Saint Senior Member The Blind King of Bohemia's Avatar

Spreads Hereticism, probably more useful to send into enemy territories and perhaps cause unrest, or maybe you can turn your provinces heretic if you wish to change faith.

I know this oughta be in the guides section, but I felt if anybody can offer me help its those who play BKB primarily.

My problem is how to survive with the HRE on expert in the early period, I expected a rough time as usual, but i've been forced to quit a game because it was simply to difficult.

Within 10 years I was being invaded by the Danes (Saxony), Poles (Brandenburg), Hungarians (Austria and Bohemia), Venetians (Tyrolia) and Croatians (Austria), my eastern frontier was after some bitter fighting, simply overrun. It seems that despite my generally superior army that there is no way to properly hold back this many enemies, often my garrisons were forced to withdraw to the castle, forcing me then to go on the offensive which means even in victory casualties are enormous. This was without the usually aggressive French getting involved, many troops were in the west to safeguard their non-aggressive stance, but to remove them to assist the east would invite the AI's inevitable wrath.

Besides i'd rather avoid having to reconquer to much early on altogether.

Can somebody offer a basic strategy for the HRE in regards to maintaining the integrity of your frontier provinces? I'm thinking somekind of offensive action is required early on to remove 1 of your potential threats, but if so which?

Thanks in advance.

Hi mate cane i fix this problem i have with the almoravids???
    i am playing the Almoravids the game did a CTD a cople of times at the year 1199 so i started a new game only to have a look if it wos sommething else but the game workt fine so i went to my save game at 1199 and it did a CTD again i lookt at my units and Qadi s but all seems fine i dont now wot the problem is?????is there maybe somme bug?? i still got the save game maybe you want to have a look?
    it only CTD when i go to next year i press the next year button and then all the king s faces show up like normal and then it CTD

hi mate i stil got a saved game from the Almoravids starting at 1197 so i started to play that game and i past the year 1199 nothing happend all whent fine but it started again (CTD) around 1208 so i started again but it did the same thing i think there s a bug at the Almoravids campain i dont now if you now about this or any one else

this are 2 questions mate i hope i cane fix this mate

"'elp! I'm bein' repressed!" Senior Member Aenlic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by _Aetius_
    I know this oughta be in the guides section, but I felt if anybody can offer me help its those who play BKB primarily.

My problem is how to survive with the HRE on expert in the early period, I expected a rough time as usual, but i've been forced to quit a game because it was simply to difficult.

Within 10 years I was being invaded by the Danes (Saxony), Poles (Brandenburg), Hungarians (Austria and Bohemia), Venetians (Tyrolia) and Croatians (Austria), my eastern frontier was after some bitter fighting, simply overrun. It seems that despite my generally superior army that there is no way to properly hold back this many enemies, often my garrisons were forced to withdraw to the castle, forcing me then to go on the offensive which means even in victory casualties are enormous. This was without the usually aggressive French getting involved, many troops were in the west to safeguard their non-aggressive stance, but to remove them to assist the east would invite the AI's inevitable wrath.

Can somebody offer a basic strategy for the HRE in regards to maintaining the integrity of your frontier provinces? I'm thinking somekind of offensive action is required early on to remove 1 of your potential threats, but if so which?

Thanks in advance.
    The only thing which works for me is hitting the Danes. After losing Denmark, they generally are too weak to be a threat for a long while. They'll generally accept a quick peace afterwards. This allows you to concentrate on defending against the more difficult enemies.

A tactic I've thought about trying but haven't yet gotten around to doing, is to try taking out Croatia then withdrawing to give the Hungarians something easier than the HRE to go after. This would also bring them into more immediate contact with the Byzantines, making them less of a threat to the HRE.
    Last edited by Aenlic; 04-09-2006 at 00:11.
    "Dee dee dee!" - Annoymous (the "differently challenged" and much funnier twin of Anonymous)

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

BKB, did you manage to fix the blurred campaign map problem I talked to you about many times ago?

I hope you can fix that. It's really annoying.

Thanks, and I hope you can release a new patch or a new version soon!!!
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Hi BKB,
    I have the 2.1 version, yet the shipping from Ireland is to the Atlantic towards Iceland where the port is in the Irish Channel.
    Not complaining, makes grabbing rebel Iceland that much easier.
    Gc 2thumbsup

Quote Originally Posted by _Aetius_

Thanks in advance.

I will play the game as germany tonight and try to get some info and help back for you mate

Flavius Claudius Julianus Member NodachiSam's Avatar

BKB, or anyone else, what is the size of this download? I can't seem to find the info. Thanks.
    Please check out my art http://calcaneus.deviantart.com/

Just for the informational record - the 2.1 patch link is broken. It doesn't seem to like me very much.

BKB, it seems that the host for your downloads is no longer available, probably because of Tosa's absence in some way.

BKB Just a quick question (I hope) How do I adjust the units a faction is able to make. eg. make the pope able to make Italian Inf.?
    I know it must be defined somewhere but I can't find it or more likely did not recognize it when I looked at it.

Thanks again for the hours and hours of fun playing your mod.
    I don't even think I had this much fun when the game first came out!
    Last edited by Duke Eugen; 05-10-2006 at 04:52.

Have fun storming the castle!!

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

BKB, any plans for a new patch?
    Maybe I'll come back to MTW.

And how's your other mod going?
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

The Pale Horseman Member Galagros's Avatar

I've tried to download the 2.1 patch several times on several different days spread out over a month's time and can not do it. Any help would be MUCH appreciated.
    Favorite Authors (At the Moment)
    1. George RR Martin
    2. Bernard Cornwell
    3. Robert Jordan

If you PM me with your e-mail address I'll send it to you. Its about 4.5MB though.

I'll be doing the same.

Those having trouble downloading the patch should check out this link:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LCRZLY71

Passionate MTW peasant Member Deus ret.'s Avatar

speaking of a new patch *grin* for this fantastic mod, I think it also would be a good idea to adjust province building limits (which in themselves are a great thing) to their unit bonus. e.g. it is rather disappointing to play as the HRE with the aim of recruiting +1 valour Gothic Knights in Saxony some day, only to discover that the named province can't even upgrade to a fortress.
    Vexilla Regis prodeunt Inferni.

Member Member The Grand Inquisitor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Eugen
    BKB Just a quick question (I hope) How do I adjust the units a faction is able to make. eg. make the pope able to make Italian Inf.?
    I know it must be defined somewhere but I can't find it or more likely did not recognize it when I looked at it.
    Easiest way is to download the GnomeEditor, here:
    <http://www.3ddownloads.com/strategy-gaming/totalwar/Tools/Gnome_UnitBuildProj_Editorv2.0.zip>

This allows you to load and save the unit files. The files you want are

EARLY_MODDED_CRUSADERS_UNIT_PROD11.TXT
    HIGH_MODDED_CRUSADERS_UNIT_PROD11.TXT
    LATE_MODDED_CRUSADERS_UNIT_PROD11.TXT

found in C:\Program Files\Total War\Medieval - Total War.

Scroll down to ItalianInfantry. The faction setting is in column fifty. Insert FN_PAPIST.
    Deus Vult

Exclamation AW: BKB Super Mod

Can someone help me in editing the strategic Map? I would even pay money for it?
    " Steel meets Steel... "
    " Even when we are Last in Line we shine... "

Quote from Famous Leader about Croatians and History:
    During the years of French ruling in Croatian-Slovenian parts, Croatians served in many French military formations. Napoleon was one of many rulers that were fascinated by Croatian war skills, he said to General Marmont: "I never had more braver and better soldiers". Napoleon also said this: "Croatians, there are best soldiers in the world. If I had only 100000 Croatians, I would conquer the entire world!".

Having some problems getting the mod to work. I've loaded it twice now, each on a clean install of VI, with a fresh download each time.. and on both occasions I've had pretty much the same problem. When I try to start a new campaign in any of the Super ----- Periods I can't see the map displayed, and then if I try to go on regardless it either CDTs no me or I get the same problem mentioned last page (the names and descriptions aren't working properly). Any ideas what I can do to fix it? Aside from reinstalling, which I honestly can't be arsed doing again..
    Last edited by Justiciar; 07-07-2006 at 22:40.
    When Adam delved and Eve span, Who was then the gentleman? From the beginning all men by nature were created alike, and our bondage or servitude came in by the unjust oppression of naughty men. For if God would have had any bondsmen from the beginning, he would have appointed who should be bound, and who free. And therefore I exhort you to consider that now the time is come, appointed to us by God, in which ye may (if ye will) cast off the yoke of bondage, and recover liberty. - John Ball

Look inside the destination folder where you intended to install the mod, say "D:\Games\Medieval - BKB Mod". See if there's a subfolder named "Medieval - Total War" in there (example: "D:\Games\Medieval - BKB Mod\Medieval - Total War"). If so, your missing files are all in the subfolder(s), and should be copied up one level to the appropriate place in the main game folder.
    For example, any files in the "D:\Games\Medieval - BKB Mod\Medieval - Total War" subfolder should go straight into the "D:\Games\Medieval - BKB Mod" folder. The contents of any sub-subfolders inside "Medieval - Total War" go into the equivalent subfolders inside "D:\Games\Medieval - BKB Mod"; i.e., files in "D:\Games\Medieval - BKB Mod\Medieval - Total War\Maps" should go into "D:\Games\Medieval - BKB Mod\Maps". I know this all seems confusing, but you'll get the hang of it after thinking about it a bit.

IMHO, the installer for BKB isn't the smartest - it just assumes a default "C:\Program Files\Total War\Medieval - Total War" installation. If you don't have the game installed in the default location, the installer doesn't check for this. So look for misdirected files/folders before attempting to run the mod. Good Luck!
    My father's sole piece of political advice: "Son, politicians are like underwear - to keep them clean, you've got to change them often."

Thanks, mate. Worked a charm!
    When Adam delved and Eve span, Who was then the gentleman? From the beginning all men by nature were created alike, and our bondage or servitude came in by the unjust oppression of naughty men. For if God would have had any bondsmen from the beginning, he would have appointed who should be bound, and who free. And therefore I exhort you to consider that now the time is come, appointed to us by God, in which ye may (if ye will) cast off the yoke of bondage, and recover liberty. - John Ball

Page 95 of 105 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899 ... LastLast