Page 101 of 105 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105 LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,030 of 3135

Thread: BKB Super Mod

Default Re: BKB Super Mod

Thanks for the help, Omanes. The reinstall worked like a charm. :)

How does one run the mod? I am running the game from the VI exe file (there is no such file for the mod) and the campaign appears to be the original one.

Edit: Oh, ignore this message. Didn't notice the scroll in the campaign selector.

I just installed MTW + VI again (found it under a pile of dust) and since I played RTW with mods, I searched for mods for MTW. I found this one.

I installed it over my clean MTW/VI (in the right folder), but my campain still is the original one. All the files from the mod seem to be there, including the DEADPAGE COORDS ones... I tried to get it working by changing to the late period (earlydeadpage coords - highdeadpage coords - deadpagecoords), but still I can't seem to get the mod working.

Is anyone still around to help me?

btw.. I can't scroll in the campain selector, as in the post above.

Thanks.

--> - Never near Argos - <--

Boondock Saint Senior Member The Blind King of Bohemia's Avatar

Hi mate
    The deadpage coords has nothing to do with how the game actually works, they're merely for cosmetic purposes.

Now I think you may have installed it incorrectly - inside your 'Medieval - Total War' folder, do you have another folder of the same name with all my files inside? If so, copy all those files into the original 'Medieval - Total War' folder and it should work.

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Eeek, found out what happens when I skim the instructions the first time installing a mod. Anyways, reinstalled it, and its working fine. First of all, good job, BKB, a wonderful mod! So far, all I've done are a few custom battles to try and get aquainted with the new troops and such. I gotta say one thing though. Don't you think those Champion Berserkers are just a TAD overpowered? I mean, 19 18 10 18? The dude chopped right through practically everything!

Also, any suggestions for a first campaign?
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

I installed bkb super mod to see what it was like and it was good but when i tried to uninstall it it wouldnt let me delete the folder in Textures called campmap and its still there. when i try to delete it it says this folder is being used by another program. please close the program...blah blah blah.

Can an1 help?

MON UNITED!

I've recently installed BKB Supermod and I find it an outstanding alternative, I was a fan of VH XL mod, now I'm a fan of both. I wish I could mix them both in one great mod, with both mod's new units, new factions and new provinces...
    Maybe I should try...

Little issues:
    flags, shields, units shields lack some sharpness, some faction colours are too flashy (ie. the norse's, the valencians), out of that is a great mod.

cheers.

I can't make this mod work correctly. When I start the game, I get a message saying: "Unkown unit name parsing deadpage coords file" When I press "Ok", however, the game starts. In the era selection screen, there are only the original eras available, not any Super mod eras. Please help!

I can't make this mod work correctly. When I start the game, I get a message saying: "Unkown unit name parsing deadpage coords file" When I press "Ok", however, the game starts. In the era selection screen, there are only the original eras available, not any Super mod eras. Please help!

Quote Originally Posted by Brynjolfr
    Look inside your BKB Super Mod/Medieval - Total War folder, and see if you have another Medieval - Total War folder inside it. If you do, it didn't overwrite. Just copy and paste that folder into the BKB Super Mod folder, and let it overwrite.

I've solved the problem. By reading previous replies on this thread, I learned that I had to install Viking Invasion (which I though wasn't required), and that the patch was to be intsalled into the "Totalwar\Medieval-Total War" folder.

Thanks for the reply anyway ;)

Wow, so you really do need Viking Invasion to use the mod?
    I read a post by BKB that you don't need it, any reason for the change?

Post Re: BKB Super Mod

Welcome to the Org TomWest!
    Quote Originally Posted by TomWest
    Wow, so you really do need Viking Invasion to use the mod?
    Yep, VI, or the Gold Edition/The Battle Pack, is required to play BKB's Super Mod. Quite alot of other mods need the expansion also - primarily due to modding features in VI which did not exist in the origional game.
    Dawn is nature's way of telling you to go back to bed

Savaran Commander Member Hound of Ulster's Avatar

I tried installing this mod and it simply was a mess. None of faction names and startpos maps worked, and there were numerous 'could not translate' errors.

the installer on atomicgamer may be messed up.
    'Only the Dead Have Seen the End of War' Plato

'Ar nDuctas' O'Dougherty clan motto

'In Peace, sons bury thier fathers; In War, fathers bury thier sons' Thucydides

'Forth Eorlingas!' motto of the Riders of Rohan

'dammit, In for a Penny, In for a Pound!' the Duke of Wellington

did you installed it in to your MTW folder that is in your MTW directory ?? if not trye to instal it in to your MTW folder in yout MTW directory

Savaran Commander Member Hound of Ulster's Avatar

I think thats what I did.
    'Only the Dead Have Seen the End of War' Plato

'Ar nDuctas' O'Dougherty clan motto

'In Peace, sons bury thier fathers; In War, fathers bury thier sons' Thucydides

'Forth Eorlingas!' motto of the Riders of Rohan

'dammit, In for a Penny, In for a Pound!' the Duke of Wellington

This is what the BKB root directory should look like if the mod has been installed properly. If it's not like this, it was installed to the wrong folder.

Medieval Total War - BKB Super Mod <name of this folder doesn't matter>

Medieval - Total War <folder>

<sub-folders>
    Battle
    campmap
    Credits
    CustomGames
    DumpLog
    FormationData
    frontend_files
    Loc
    Logfiles
    Models
    MonoFont
    NewModels
    pacs
    Quickstart
    SaveGames
    SaveMaps
    Sounds
    Standard
    Standards
    Tech Help
    Textures
    TGAs
    Uninstall
    Voices

<files>
    auto_update.exe
    BugslayerUtil.dll
    CMAPCOORDS_INTERSECT.TXT
    CRUSADER_BUILD_PROD13.TXT
    CRUSADERS_UNIT_PROD11.TXT
    dbghelp.dll
    Drvmgt.dll
    EARLY_MODDED_CRUSADER_BUILD_PROD13.TXT
    EARLY_MODDED_CRUSADERS_UNIT_PROD11.TXT
    error.log
    GameSpy Arcade.url
    gamespy.ico
    HIGH_MODDED_CRUSADER_BUILD_PROD13.TXT
    HIGH_MODDED_CRUSADERS_UNIT_PROD11.TXT
    Index.htm
    jm_log.txt
    lang.cfg
    LATE_MODDED_CRUSADER_BUILD_PROD13.TXT
    LATE_MODDED_CRUSADERS_UNIT_PROD11.TXT
    LogonDetails.cfg
    lparams.dat
    Medieval.Cfg
    Medieval.ver
    Medieval_TW.exe
    MTW-VI_viking_tech_tree.pdf
    playlist
    PROJECTILESTATS.TXT
    ReadMe.htm
    readme2_01.txt
    regowner_table
    report.txt
    Secdrv.sys
    TexRam.TXT
    Textures.TXT
    Uninst.isu
    Uninstall.exe
    version.inf
    Vidram.TXT
    VIKINGS_BUILD_PROD.TXT
    VIKINGS_UNIT_PROD.TXT
    ZPostBat.TXT
    ZPostStrat.TXT
    ZStrat.TXT
    ZTexMax.TXT
    ZTexRam.TXT
    ZTexture.TXT
    ZVerify.Txt

Uninstal.exe <this file in the 'Medieval Total War - BKB Super Mod' top folder>

How do I increase the number of sons a king can have? In this game, 6 is the max number of sons a king can have. In some factions there are really no good generals so many of the good generals actually come from the princes, and I want more of these.

One more question: this game works fine but after a long battle it usually crashes..due to lack of memory. However, it sometimes crashes randomly for no reason. Please let me know what other patches I need for this game?

Please put all the patches in order in a list for me.

Hugalu,
    Page 1 of this posts shoulkd list all you need,
    There is the Version 2.0 mod (231+ MB) and
    the Version 2.1 Patch (4.95 MB). That should be all you need.
    The mod is also listed under Site Tools/DownloadsandLinks/LinksandFiles
    (pull-down menu at the top under forum banner)
    Hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixx
    Hugalu,
    Page 1 of this posts shoulkd list all you need,
    There is the Version 2.0 mod (231+ MB) and
    the Version 2.1 Patch (4.95 MB). That should be all you need.
    The mod is also listed under Site Tools/DownloadsandLinks/LinksandFiles
    (pull-down menu at the top under forum banner)
    Hope this helps

Ok..I already got that patch. I thought there might be more and I didn't have time/patience to go through 100+ pages to find them so I asked. Thanks. Does anyone else know the answer on how to increase the number of princes?

Camel Lord Senior Member Capture The Flag Champion Martok's Avatar
    In my own little world....but it's okay, they know me there.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugalu
    Does anyone else know the answer on how to increase the number of princes?
    Unfortunately, this is hard-coded and cannot be changed.
    "MTW is not a game, it's a way of life." -- drone

heya guys.
    i think it corrupted my game :(
    I accidently installed the mod to the game itself, so now a command line just comes up, then disappears and the game doesnt work!
    Before when i simply drag + dropped it, a "polite notice" popped up.
    Any help? Thanks....

s3rp3nt

If that happens then you need to uninstall everything and reinstall MTW & VI, then the mod again. I usually keep the original MTW folder and just make copies of that folder for the mods I have. Everything works fine. I currently have 4 mods running without problems.

Hmm...

It's strange, I used to play several factions: Teutonic Knights, Crusaders, Bulgarians, and Byzantines....but now I play only either Georgians or Cumans. I find these more interesting. The other factions are much more easier and I get bored. :P

Hi Omanes Alexandrapolites
    You said you had M:TW Gold Edition published by SEGA, which seems to prevent the installation from working correctly.
    I have the same Gold Edition with file path "C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Medieval - Total War - Gold Edition".
    Please can you walk me through where to point the installer too - and
    what files to delete to avoid conflicts

I've tried several times and I can't get BKB super mod to work

Thanks

Post Re: BKB Super Mod

Hi Obliqueattack
    That's quite some time ago, so this is going to be a bit of guesswork combined with low quality rusty memories. Sorry if it doesn't work

I reccomend, just incase, that you re-install M:TW a

If I remember rightly, to start with you will need to open up the 2.0 installer.

Follow the on-screen instructions till you get to point where it requests details of where you want to install it to. Give it the file path "[hard drive letter]:\Program Files". Typically, this will be "C:\Program Files".

Once the mod has finished installing itself. Navigate to where you "installed" it to ("[hard drive letter]:\Program Files" typically "C:\Program Files").

Find a folder labelled "Medieval - Total War" and rename it "Medieval - Total War - Gold Edition".

After that, locate a folder named "The Creative Assembly". Drag and drop the "Medieval - Total War - Gold Edition" folder into it. If things are going as they should, and my memory hasn't let you down, the computer will request permission to overwrite files. Simply select "Yes to all".

Once the process is complete, you should, if everything went to plan, have a working version of BKB's Supermod v2.0 installed over your copy of M:TW.

After you have gone through that, you can download and install the v2.1 patch. This is not required, but is recommended to fix gameplay bugs and similar issues. This process, however, is much more simple.

Firstly, lauch the installer and, as before, follow the instructions till it requests details of where to install the mod.

Type in "[hard drive letter]\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Medieval - Total War - Gold Edition". Typically this will be "C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Medieval - Total War - Gold Edition".

Select to continue, and the installation should proceed.

Once the process is complete, patch 2.1 should have installed normally over v2.0.

Hope this is useful (and hope I haven't let you down)
    Dawn is nature's way of telling you to go back to bed

Member thankful for this post:

ferdi 

hey guys i'm having a problem dowloading the mod.

I can download it from the link to atomic gamer, but my problem is that after the thing is downloaded i cannot open it. It says that it is an EFW file, and i have no clue what that is. I remember the old link that used to be here did not have that. Any ideas on how to procede?

Thanks

Page 101 of 105 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105 LastLast