Page 102 of 105 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105 LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,060 of 3135

Thread: BKB Super Mod

Post Re: BKB Super Mod

A quick Google search for the .ewf file format shows that it's a compressed .exe or .zip file type. I don't quite understand why the mod would be in ".ewf" format, but according to the web site it may be attributed to your anti-virus software.

To fix it, simply right click on the file, and change the extention at the end from ".ewf" to ".exe". Once you've done that, you should be able to open it.

Good luck
    Dawn is nature's way of telling you to go back to bed

Default Re: BKB Super Mod

thanks, i'll try that later on today

Hi Omanes Alexandrapolites
    I did what you said and it works!!!!
    Thanks very much

I'm sure I read somewhere that only a few mods work with gold edition.
    As a gold edition owner, what's your experience on that?

So far I've got ALL the following working:
    Pike and Musket 1.5
    Ancient 2.53 and Ancient 3
    Napoleonic
    BKB
    XL
    MEDMOD

I'm struggling with
    Samurai Warlords (not a win32 application)
    and
    Age of warlords (installer won't execute)

Beauty hunter Senior Member Raz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Obliqueattack
    I'm sure I read somewhere that only a few mods work with gold edition.
    As a gold edition owner, what's your experience on that?

So far I've got ALL the following working:
    Pike and Musket 1.5
    Ancient 2.53 and Ancient 3
    Napoleonic
    BKB
    XL
    MEDMOD

I'm struggling with
    Samurai Warlords (not a win32 application)
    and
    Age of warlords (installer won't execute)
    All mods built for MTW-VI + the 2.01 patch should work with MTW Gold. MTW Gold installs, as you would know, all three of those things (MTW, VI, Patch), so every mod should work with that. Samurai Warlords works perfectly fine for me I've been playing it since BETA 5. It's now up to BETA 8 and that works well too, it's quite stable. Age of Warlords I haven't tried, but from what you've said, being "installer won't execute" it is most likely a faulty installer, not MTW Gold's fault. I also believe this is the problem with Samurai Warlords "not a win32 application".

Try downloading and installing them again, if at all possible, it seems to be that it is not MTW Gold that is at fault, rather the .exe installer files. I assure you that I have MTW - Gold as well and that Sam Warlords works as it should do on my PC.

Try, try, try again... until you go over your download limit.

Edit: I really hope you get Samurai Warlords up and running, as it is an incredible mod, if you have never played STW or can't get hold of it, it is the next best thing.
    Last edited by Raz; 05-14-2008 at 13:05.
    Quote Originally Posted by drone
    I imagine an open-source project to recreate [Medieval: Total War] would be faced with an army of high-valour lawyers.

Live your life out on Earth; I'm going to join the Sun.

well i tried to change the file type and it is not as easy as i thought. For some reason it is more complicated than just changing an efw file to an exe with a just a right click. For some reason it will not let me change the extension. I tried to re-download the file and then change it, and still had no luck. any ideas how to manually get in and change the file type a different way?

Try clicking on start, -> control panel, -> folder options
    Click on the "View" tab at the top of the window, and scroll down to "Hide extensions for known file types" or something along those lines. Uncheck this box, so there is no tick there and the box is empty. In case you don't know what I'm talking about, it should look like this:

Click to apply the settings, and now go back to the efw file. You should be able to see the extension being "<file name>.efw". Now try and change that extension (the ".efw" part) to ".exe". If that doesn't work... well.
    I imagine an open-source project to recreate [Medieval: Total War] would be faced with an army of high-valour lawyers.

worked like a charm raz, thanks a lot. Now i'm off to play some total war

Glad I could help Tristem.

just installed mtw gold onto my XPS, but i cant find the link to download the supermod...any help out there?
    VAE VICTUS-PaNtOcRaToR
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomi says
    Honour is that which preserves the dignity of the human spirit.
    It’s how you treat people, that makes you an honourable person.
    Not how many battles you win.
    The glory of your victories will soon be forgotten.
    But the kindness and respect you show for others, will not.
    So is there really any honour in Total War games?
    No.
    But there is in some of it’s players…

anytime i try to download from the site, the same screen pops up...am i missing something, or do these links no longer exist??
    VAE VICTUS-PaNtOcRaToR
    No.

Camel Lord Senior Member Capture The Flag Champion Martok's Avatar
    In my own little world....but it's okay, they know me there.

Yeah, there seems to be something wonky with the Clan Takiyama site. You should still be able to download it from AtomicGamer, though.
    "MTW is not a game, it's a way of life." -- drone

it doesnt do anything, only brings up an identical page...
    VAE VICTUS-PaNtOcRaToR
    No.

That's odd, as I clicked on the link and am currently downloading the mod no problem. Are you sure you're clicking on the right link? (After you've reached the AtomicGamer page, make sure you scroll down until you see the link that says "Download from Primary".)

yeah i got(hits self)
    one thing, im running the gold edition, and i installed BKB but the icon doesnt change or anything, i changed the download file like it said 2 but maybe i still messed up?
    VAE VICTUS-PaNtOcRaToR
    No.

why doesnt the download link work?!?!? i click on it and an identical page just comes up...what is going om?
    VAE VICTUS-PaNtOcRaToR
    No.

I'm a little confused. First you weren't sure you'd installed the mod correctly, but now you couldn't even download it? I think I'm missing something here.

managed to download it, then managed to download it incorrectly, now cannot manage to download it again...
    VAE VICTUS-PaNtOcRaToR
    No.

Ah, okay. But don't you still have the original download somewhere on your computer? Or did you delete it?

no it was deleted
    VAE VICTUS-PaNtOcRaToR
    No.

The link by Martok works fine for me.
    Tell me, are you running any download managers? Try disabling them (if any) as occasionally they'll get a bit confused.
    Also, what internet browser are you using, I'm using Firefox 2 and as I've said, works a treat.
    If that doesn't help I might be able to upload it to rapidshare or something and set up some sort of a mirror download, but try those steps first (disable managers - use different browser).

Question Nothing seems to work

All the new factions do not show up and in fact the only thing that has changed since before I installed it is the loading screen. I went on to program files and all the new factions seem to exist but when I go on the game they are not there. What should I do?

Default Re: Nothing seems to work

Quote Originally Posted by JH9234 View Post
    All the new factions do not show up and in fact the only thing that has changed since before I installed it is the loading screen. I went on to program files and all the new factions seem to exist but when I go on the game they are not there. What should I do?
    Oh sorry I thuoght these were meant to be playable factions

Default Re: Nothing seems to work

Really quick question... I see that to install and play BKB, it overwrites the original M:TW. Is there a way to side-step the overwrite? I'd like to keep the old, you know, just in case.

And is it compatible with other mods, such as XL? It doesn't overwrite those, does it?
    Last edited by Matrim; 07-15-2008 at 00:49.

Most MTW mods will overwrite the original files. To combat this you can do one of two things, set up another install of MTW (so you have two MTW's) or use a mod enabler, I use the JoneSoft Generic Mod Enabler. What does it do? It lets you switch from one mod to another whilst never actually overwriting the original files. It can be tricky to use and slow when you're switching large mods (like BKB's and XL) but for small mods it works a treat.

I recommend setting up a second install of MTW for BKB's, mainly because the mod enabler is very slow, and you can accidentally overwrite your original MTW when you're install a mod. Also soon your saved games get cluttered up (for example I have a spanish save from 1700's as well as a spanish save from 1250's). So I highly recommend a second install unless you don't have much space on your hard-drive.

To set up a second install simply open up your folder where MTW and copy/paste it. Only thing is, if you've got XL installed on it you'll need to re-install MTW from the disc as well as VI and the patch (unless you happen to have gold edition).

If you still want to use the mod enabler, I recommend it for small mods, click here and download the first product on the left. It's got instructions on how to use it there I think.. but you can take it from there, if you can't set up the mod enabler properly just ask.
    Edit: Or you can use this link here.

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by Raz; 07-16-2008 at 12:51.

If I told you, I'd have to kill you. England.

What I do is copy and paste back-ups of MTW: Gold once installed. I have the main game folder (which I will call the vanilla folder), with the .exe in and everything - then I have a special backup folder, with everything but the .exe copied to. You can create mod folders, and install a mod over your vanilla installation. When you want to install a new mod, just cut and paste all those files from your vanilla folder that you have already installed a mod over into it's own mod folder (leave the .exe alone). Now, copy and paste the back-up vanilla files you made earlier into the vanilla folder - and you have an unmodded game you can install a new mod over. Rinse and repeat, never having to actually install another instance of MTW: VI. You keep your vanilla files backed-up all the time, and only install mods over copies of them.
    I believe in a society without rules, laws and regulations. A society where there are only ideas - strict ideas that must be followed to by the letter - and any failure to comply is punishable by death. This would be no dictatorship or police state, no one would be living in terror. It would merely be a 'reassessment of one's preferences,' people living in 'not-so-optimistic security.' So, welcome, those who are 'longing to be blindly obedient and loyal, unbeknownst to them.'

I'm not sure ifthis has been answered before, but I didn't want to go looking through 90+ pages of posts. I just downloaded the mod and the patch for it. Installed the mod, then the patch, then changed the portraits and stuff. Then, I try to play the game. It loads up everything, I pick the time, and try to play. However, all I get is a brief glance at the campaign map before a CTD occurs. It happens no matter what time period or faction I choose. Custom battles run fine, though, and I must say I'm really enjoying all the new units.

I forgot to mention. I have MTW Gold Edition, and have tried reinstalling a couple of times, trying it with and without the patch.

I don't think you need to mess around with portraits anymore...it's all in an installer, IIRC.
    I believe in a society without rules, laws and regulations. A society where there are only ideas - strict ideas that must be followed to by the letter - and any failure to comply is punishable by death. This would be no dictatorship or police state, no one would be living in terror. It would merely be a 'reassessment of one's preferences,' people living in 'not-so-optimistic security.' So, welcome, those who are 'longing to be blindly obedient and loyal, unbeknownst to them.'

Hm, I've tried it without doing the portraits thing... Same. Even after I reinstalled MTW itself.

Well, then, with that in mind, I prescribe a visit to this thread: https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=79500

Page 102 of 105 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105 LastLast