Page 6 of 105 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Thread: BKB Super Mod

Lord, Cartographer and Poet. Member King Azzole's Avatar

Ahhhh I cant wait any longer

Release release release

Oh and a question. Are you and/or when will you redo the super early to work its bugs out? Keep up the superb work
    Charge, repeat as necessary.

Loved the expansion Blind King. Will the New Super High have the New Korean/Chinese Mongol Units that you mention on your webpage and will there be any other of The Mongols little helpers e.g Ilkanid's, Bessermini Archers, Chagatai Mongols or a few Kipchacks in the western steppe provinces perhaps, maybe Chinese Crossbowmen. I Can provide Jpegs or even make some Bifs/LBM,s for all these and have hundreds of others Jpegs for Medieval Unit Icons from all periods and Nations, including several far eastern armies e.g the Hind (Indian Hindu), Indian Moslem and Yaun Chinese (if any one fancies doing a far east Medieval mod)
    Nomad
    Do not despise the snake for having no horns,
    For who is to say, he will not become a Dragon.

Boondock Saint Senior Member The Blind King of Bohemia's Avatar

Yes Nomad the Mongol units will be there and i like those unit ideas and will probaly end up using them.

I like the idea of a far east mod

Late reply, but be my guest. I've got some good sources for unit info. Lots on the Ayyubid Eygptians e.g Al-Halqa Al-Kassa (imperial Bodyguard), Hijazi Bedouines (camelry), Royal Mamluk Askars, Kurdish Auxillia, Fityan and/or Ayyuran (and/or Addath) Civic Veteran Militia, Daylami guards etc etc (+jpegs for BIFs)Been using some of these and others All which would fit in to your super late mod. Can send you as much or little info as needed. As far as the FarEAst MOd goes interesting idea isn't it. Hmmmmm....
    Nomad,

I loved the mod, BUT it was a bit annoying to play, since the game kept crashing to desktop constantly. For example;
    I was playing as the people of Novgorod, and everytime I invaded lithuania, the game crashed. The people of Novgorod was also one the only factions I could choose without the game crashing. I tried to choose the norse, the croats and the poles, but never got to the campaign map. Instead I found myself looking at my desktop.
    Have others had similar problems, or did I screw up the installation?

Cool

Think you might have,
    Screwed up the installation. I'm 50 years into an English campaign and apart from the known probs with the texts, Portraits and Pre Battle shields,its going fine. I've even managed to expand the mod to include another 30 units and and various other changes. So it seems fairly stable to me. Although some of my new unit elite cavalry units are appearing as Royal bodygaurds for inappropriate factions. If anyone can help me with that I'd sure appreciate it. Think its probably a script error in unitprod thats sneaked in there somehow and has remained hidden apart from disrupting the AI's reading of the Unit prod. Serves me right for bare back editing (not using Gnome editor)
    But Wilpuri think you might have to start again. Sorry Dude. The text is incredibly sensitive and the smallest error will stop the game launching or cause a CTD.
    Nomad.

The Lordz Modding Collective Senior Member Lord Of Storms's Avatar

Moved to the new mod development forum currently called Edit3 you may follow this topic there. thanks...LOS
    Taking life one day at a time!

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Lord Of Storms @ Mar. 14 2004,19:30)]
    I know the Teutonic Order State will be implemented in the SuperHigh so maybe You'll find it interesting.

Info. concerning the Teutonic Knights

After they were invited to Poland and granted some territory to start with they conquered the whole Prussia, but it proved to be just the beginning.
    After supressing several pagan rebellions they made their greatest mistake - started to attack christian, even catholic neighbours -Poland

In 1308 the Pomeranians were polish vassals and christian.
    They were attacked by Branderburgians who were trying to conquer the quite rich trade center of Gdansk. It wasn't possible to repel the invaders so a representative of the Polish Duke called the Teutons for help. They helped, but captured Gdansk for themselves and after that killed all ( mostly christian)citizens
    From that time Gdansk could be called Danzig, because most new citizens were German, and from that time the Teutonic Order started war against catholic neighbours.
    there were several wars and finally after the rebellion of several cities ( Danzig incl.) Poland was able to take back this territory in 1466, also the Order proved to be the unifying factor for Poland and Lithuania and peaceful christianization of this state - by this they were working towards its own doom.

I Think You found it interesting at least a little.

Hetman/Cegorach

Sounds like a bunch of real Azzoles

Hetman/Cegorach

You're the most fanatic Polish defender i've ever seen M8

CZoF

Quote[/b] (Count Zimoa of Flanders @ Mar. 16 2004,14:22)]Hetman/Cegorach

You're the most fanatic Polish defender i've ever seen M8

CZoF
    Thanks LoF

Cegorach/Hetman

Lord of All Under Heaven Member The Sword of Cao Cao's Avatar

Quote[/b] (Nomad @ Mar. 10 2004,04:06)]
    Loved the expansion Blind King. Will the New Super High have the New Korean/Chinese Mongol Units that you mention on your webpage and will there be any other of The Mongols little helpers e.g Ilkanid's, Bessermini Archers, Chagatai Mongols or a few Kipchacks in the western steppe provinces perhaps, maybe Chinese Crossbowmen. I Can provide Jpegs or even make some Bifs/LBM,s for all these and have hundreds of others Jpegs for Medieval Unit Icons from all periods and Nations, including several far eastern armies e.g the Hind (Indian Hindu), Indian Moslem and Yaun Chinese (if any one fancies doing a far east Medieval mod)
    Nomad
    may I please see the graphics for the Y

Lord of All Under Heaven Member The Sword of Cao Cao's Avatar

Quote[/b] (Nomad @ Mar. 10 2004,04:06)]
    Nomad
    may I please see the graphics for the Yuan Chinese armies you mentioned good sir?

still waitng for this baby to come out

An update:

I've almost finished updating all the shields and flags. When released it will correct those that were wrong in early, such as Valencia, Armenia and Navarre. I'm also considering updating the Super Early mod, with some alterations made reflecting the feedback posted here. Please bear in mind though this wouldn't be the final release - just a little update.

And what would people prefer for the Super High download - a full one or a smaller one based on people already having Super Early? (for example, the latter would not need to have the portraits, which take up a huge part of the download)

The smaller,as an addition to Super Early maybe Tosa Inu can host them both so people can download Super Early as a main file and the rest as updates.

CZoF

If possible both - the smaller as an update and the full 1 for those who diddnt tried it yet

Dude i have a CTD whenever i press the end year button. Any Ideas?
    BKB, any idea when you are going to release Super High?

Could be a variety of things. My advice is to double check the installation because it seems like you've missed out something.

Super High is looking good at the minute and I'd say Easter at the latest.

I'm actually doing a lot more tinkering to Early than I thought I originally would. I'm balancing the game more and fixing many of the text problems. Should be like a separate game

But I emphasise once more, its NOT the final version. Please bear in mind there will still be some errors

Ok, this error message appears when i press end year. This causes the CTD.

No portrait found for this overriden type

Sorry Sword of Cao Cao,
    Been out of town and doubt you'll pick up this reply. But you wanted a look at the Yaun chinese unit Icons I've got. There mostly plundered images from fanaticus etc. I can email them to you, which I may just do anyway. Also have some Sung Chinese images plus other Mongol stuff and Hundreds of other potential factions.
    Nomad.

Scruffy Looking Nerf Herder Member Steppe Merc's Avatar

I just dowloaded your mod, and it looks awesome. I haven't statrted playing yet, and I wanted to check out the unit files with Gnome, but it stopped me with an error. WHy is this?

"But if you should fall you fall alone,
    If you should stand then who's to guide you?
    If I knew the way I would take you home."
    Grateful Dead, "Ripple"

Now I can change it by hand, but still no gnome it says: The unit prod 11 is incorrectly formatted. More than 40,000 characters in a single record (probably caused by forcing a unit prod 11 to load as a projectile stats file or an out of place somewhere.) The program has stopped loading at record 78 field zero.
    Despite this, I love your mod. It's quite hard to stay alive as the English, with enemies on all side. Infact, I was tryign to get to Gnome to give them a boost. But brillant job, can't wait for updates.
    Any help to use Gnome would be appreciated.

Grateful Dead, "Ripple"

*reads topic*

*gets disapointed because no final version yet*

Any word on a possible release date??

In war, let your great object be victory, not lengthy campaigns.
    Sun Tzu on the Art of War

Um, don't worry about my problem above. Thanks to Sicilian Vespers. I love the mod, and pray for a quick release of the next version.

Grateful Dead, "Ripple"

I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE RELEASE RELEASE RELEASE OR ILL TRACK YOU DOWN AND AZZ RAPE YOU AHHHHHHHHH

Quote[/b] (King Azzole @ Mar. 26 2004,19:32)]I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE RELEASE RELEASE RELEASE OR ILL TRACK YOU DOWN AND AZZ RAPE YOU AHHHHHHHHH
    Be cool King Azzole, i'm ansious as well but let BKB finish his work. I'm sure it will be great

Quote[/b] ] CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE RELEASE RELEASE RELEASE OR ILL TRACK YOU DOWN AND AZZ RAPE YOU AHHHHHHHHH
    Well if that's the case I'll take as long as possible then

Super High is coming along nicely (see Easter) but I might have a surprise over the next couple of days - hopefully it will tide you over to that release. I'll say no more on the subject

Me likes suprises

Page 6 of 105 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast