Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Silmarillion:Total War

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Ok, I found something else I can do for the mod. I found some great heraldric symbols for the Elves and the Edain houses that we can use for faction flags and menu shields.
    I've made some already, jawanna look? - sending you the TGA's anyway I'll bet you might improve on them, I love your idea.

Quote[/b] ]We give Morgoth a unit of Balrogs to start, around 3 or 5. Imagine the Kensai From STW, The Balrogs should have exelent attack and Exelent defense, but they should be slow as a counter "weight". The Ai could send their balrogs out from Angband along with it's orcs and trolls, but it must be cfareful in battles otherwise they would lose them all.
    Who gets to be leadership in Angband if not Balrogs? Yes you are correct, Berzerkers for example are a 12-man unit.
    I think they should be fast enough to squash fleeing stunties and fairies, that would be so cool .

Quote[/b] ]I think wolf units should be available to angband
    Of course, my dear friend wouldn't think of not giving the bad guys a cavalry unit or two.

Thanks you guys
    Avarin
    ...and Beleriand was ablaze with the glory of their arms, for the host of the Valar were arrayed in forms young and fair and terrible, and the mountains rang beneath their feet.

-Of the Voyage of Earendil.

Hey Everybody, I hope you don't mind but I took the Liberty of creating us our Own Website (a small one) and a forum for Silmarillion: Total War. They're very simple so far but i'll be adding lots of stuff in the future hopefully.

Silmarillion: Total War
    Take my love. Take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. I don’t care, I’m still free. You can’t take the sky from me. Take me out to the black. Tell ‘em I ain’t comin’ back. Burn the land and boil the sea. You can’t take the sky from me. Have no place I can be since I found Serenity.

I must say that strider has done a very good job of both the site and the forum It looks really professional and would give the mod a great start and focus point.
    Avarin could I have a go at some unit descriptions and post them here or on the new forum?

GWM

The Abominable Senior Member Hexxagon Champion Monk's Avatar

Quote[/b] (Gothic_war_monkey @ Jan. 22 2004,17:24)]I must say that strider has done a very good job of both the site and the forum It looks really professional and would give the mod a great start and focus point.
    I agree, great job strider

Now back to work

Ents - Onodrim

Tree-Herds, Evidently trees inhabited by spirits summoned by the thought of Yavanna to be the guardians of the olvar until the Dominion of Men. The nature of the Ents was closely connected with that of the trees they protected and the Tree spirits (Huorns) they guarded. The Ents awoke at the same time as Elves; the Eldar gave them the desire to speak and taught the Quenya and Sindarin. In the First age the Ents Roamed Through Beleriand and the Eastern lands, although they enter into history only once, when they helped destroy the Dwarves of Nogrod who had sacked Menegroth.

Sometime in the first or second age the male and female Ents became estranged; the Entwives crossed Anduin and tended their favorite plants-small trees, grasses, fruit trees, flowers, and vegetables-in what was later called the brown lands, while the male Ents tended their larger trees, especially in the great forest that stretched from the Old forest to Fangorn. The Entwives were greatly honored by Men, to whom they taught the skills of agriculture, but sometime before the end of the second age their gardens were destroyed and they vanished.

An Ent looked like a fourteen-foot-tall cross between a tree and a Man. Ents resembled different trees; individual Ents cared for and honored the trees that they looked like and, to a certain extent, possesed the personality one might expect of that tree. Ents did not die naturally; their skin was extremly tough, but they could be burned. Ents thought slowly and were slow to act, but once aroused they possesed the strength of the age-long action of trees compressed in a few second; they could crack rocks and move large heaps of earth quickly. Ents were nourished by Ent-draughts.

The Ents spoke in Entish. They also knew many other launguages bvut prefered Quenya, which they spoke after the same fashion as they did Entish. The Name "Ent" was given to them by the people of Rohan, and means "Giant" in Old English. They were called Onodrim or Enyd in Sindarin by the Elves; the singular was Onod.

I'd like to help, I have good silmarillion knowledge. I've made some maps for STW & MTW & i've messed around with historical generals a lot. I'd also like to make a suggestion regarding the Human faction
    Maybe instead of a faction we could have an event ie the arrival of men which would allow all the factions access to human units. Maybe even with a few different kinds for the different factions. I do think this would be a better reflection of mens roll at the time. I think this could be easily done using the built in periods of MTW.
    Anywayz good luck with the mod

Quote[/b] ]Avarin could I have a go at some unit descriptions and post them here or on the new forum?

GWM
    Conralius has agreed to do some too, you guys should talk. I think we will get the best result by being as democratic as possible, there is not that many of us so we can pull together.

Strider, Awesome, I can't thank you enough now we're moving

I'm focussed on basic Bif's now that I would like to see make the final cut (rank and file types). If there is a unit we really want I will be happy to make it. If there is someone else to make unit animations and we overlap we can vote which one we want. If I make a BIF we can't stand for some reason we can scrap it and do better. I am only interested in doing the best with this we can and not alienating anyone who wants to help.

Quote[/b] ]I'd also like to make a suggestion regarding the Human faction Maybe instead of a faction we could have an event ie the arrival of men which would allow all the factions access to human units. Maybe even with a few different kinds for the different factions. I do think this would be a better reflection of mens roll at the time. I think this could be easily done using the built in periods of MTW.
    Thank you insolent1. It may be more accurate. This was my thinking originally, but would they have elvish generals? What do the others think of this? I still like the idea of having two human factions (good men and bad men) that are weak at the start and in the "far east" of Beleriand.

I'm off to see the new 'site,
    Thanks Strider
    Avarin

...and Beleriand was ablaze with the glory of their arms, for the host of the Valar were arrayed in forms young and fair and terrible, and the mountains rang beneath their feet.

Somewhere between the sink and the toilet

By all means GWM, write as you please

WORMS

The mod is off to a good start, come to our forum at
    http://silmarilliontw.proboards21.com/index.cgi
    See you there

Namarie,
    Avarin

come on join

LoL, there is likely to be less support for smtw than there is for say metw as there are no films The link is up here and various other places so if people are interested by all means come along.

GWM

The Lordz Modding Collective Senior Member Lord Of Storms's Avatar

Moved to the new mod development forum currently called Edit3 you may follow this topic there. thanks...LOS
    Taking life one day at a time!

I think this mod sounds great - and the METW - i await them with anicipation :)

will there be werewolves for angband?

great work

regards

LTD
    --------------

Member Member Sir Zack de Caldicot's Avatar

So, any work done reciently on models which I think is the major component of a Fantasy mod or are you just working on .txt files and shields?
    I WANT ROME - TOTAL WAR

Quote[/b] ([{LgtDiv}] Lord Thindigital @ Mar. 20 2004,08:59)]will there be werewolves for angband?
    Yes, Morgoth will have werewolves, along with Balrogs, Trolls, and Orcs.

Quote[/b] ]So, any work done reciently on models which I think is the major component of a Fantasy mod or are you just working on .txt files and shields?
    SM:TW forums

thats our forums, though there isn't much activity in the public area we do answer any questions that arise.

screens

they havn't been updated in a long time but here's a few screenies. We're still alive and working, even so it will take a long time til it is finally finished. When it is however, i'm sure you will be pleased.

Like the looks of those
    I WANT ROME - TOTAL WAR

Who made these excellent men?
    I WANT ROME - TOTAL WAR

very good
    Do you not know Death when you see it?

They look like a really nasty bunch. Great work with the new Noldor and goblin units as well

Very impressive units .

When will you release a beta?

Antalis
    »Erzähle, Wandrer, wenn du nach Sparta kommst, daß wir, seinen Gesetzen gehorsam, hier gefallen sind.«

CHIEF ARCHITECT

visit our HTW website

Um.... These arn't my units that I made. I simply got them off of there website visit-able Here ( screen shot page). Sorry if you thought wrong but I was simply showing the public the screens here.

PS: Monk or one of the other modders of this great mod can tell me If they want them deleted, sorry?

PPS: BUT THEY SURE ARE GREAT
    I WANT ROME - TOTAL WAR

No, it’s Avarin who’s creating the silmarillion units, so I blame him for ruining my keyboard by making me drool all over it .

Quote[/b] (Antalis:: @ Mar. 22 2004,01:51)]When will you release a beta?
    I'm not entirely sure, but keep an eye on this space. I do know that a beta is in the works and will be similiar to the ME:TW beta with two armies in custom battle. (i prob shouldn't be telling you this but i see no harm in it)

We will do our best to get a beta out but we're not going to rush anything, as the saying goes good things comes to those who wait, or in this case, hordes of orcs fall upon those who wait.

Quote[/b] ]PS: Monk or one of the other modders of this great mod can tell me If they want them deleted, sorry?
    You can keep them here, it's no problem.

Quote[/b] ]Who made these excellent men?
    Well first off those are our orcs, and i doubt they would like being called men . To answer your question avarin is doing the units.

Who do this mod not work together with the ME:TW mod? actully you could borrow units from each other. many units are similar like orcs and trolls.

all kinda cooperation could be made, and possible the best thing is that it could speed up both mods.

Why not put it in the same mode, at different time ages, like in the original game. ie different campaigns..??
    -Brian Bergh
    Email and MSN: brianbbj@hotmail.com

Quote[/b] (Brianbbj @ Mar. 22 2004,14:51)]Who do this mod not work together with the ME:TW mod? actully you could borrow units from each other. many units are similar like orcs and trolls.

all kinda cooperation could be made, and possible the best thing is that it could speed up both mods.
    We were cooperating with the ME:TW team, avarin was helping them with unit animations but has sense returned to work on the main SM:TW project.

Quote[/b] ]Why not put it in the same mode, at different time ages, like in the original game. ie different campaigns..??
    We can't merge the two mods because their is only a limited number of BIFs we have to work with, and if we tried to make these two mods into one then we wouldn't have enough. At the moment, our mod is looking at around 8 playable factions, and besides the three Noldorin Factions the others will be completely different when it comes to fighting style and unit type, so i doubt we will have enough bifs to do a merge with me:tw.

Thanks a that fruitful information MONK

PS: @ The Men in the picture

Orc: *Growl*

Sir Zack: I mean orcs
    I WANT ROME - TOTAL WAR

Hey I dont know how this mod scipped Scipio's eyes but I haven't noticed this mod till now... When is this mod out? Or is it already available? I have the bookbut have only read a couple of the stories as I find some of the stories hard for an intellectually chalenged male to understand/follow...
    When a finger points at the moon, the imbecile looks at the finger.
    -- Confucius

As Monk just stated a beta will be avaliable shortly
    I WANT ROME - TOTAL WAR

Monk is building this? Way to go Monk Maybe from now on all betas should be just for Lore clan members...

When a finger points at the moon, the imbecile looks at the finger.
    -- Confucius

Quote[/b] (Scipio @ Mar. 22 2004,18:52)]Hey I dont know how this mod scipped Scipio's eyes but I haven't noticed this mod till now... When is this mod out? Or is it already available? I have the bookbut have only read a couple of the stories as I find some of the stories hard for an intellectually chalenged male to understand/follow...
    It's not out yet, and i can't really say when a beta will be out sense we really don't know for sure. We don't like to make false promises so we work at our own pace completing what we can in the free time we have. I know it will be a long time till the actual mod is completed as the campaign map is still on the Drawing board so to speak. As for a beta though, i really couldn't't say for sure. just keep an eye on our forums (link on page 3 of this thread) any beta news we have will be released there.

As i said before, patience is a virtue

Quote[/b] (Scipio @ Mar. 22 2004,19:11)]Monk is building this? Way to go Monk Maybe from now on all betas should be just for Lore clan members...
    hehe welcome Scip

I'm what you'd call a historical advisor for the team. I provide province names, faction and race info, unit types and so on. I keep the team on track with the books as much as i can without taking away from gameplay, it's been tough but we have managed to keep in a lot of good features that i'm sure all of you will love ( Balrogs...got to love em )

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast