Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Silmarillion:Total War

Finished adjusting my map. It now has a proper river infront of the castle. I will test tomorrow - NZ time .

Menegroth - river approach
    image-dump

Menegroth overview

image-dump

Menegroth rear overview

image-dump

Menegroth side view

image-dump

Very nice castle

Also the landscape around is well done.

You have talent in mapmaking

Only a small point: There are too many houses in it.
    The units will have problems to find theire way through them.
    »Erzähle, Wandrer, wenn du nach Sparta kommst, daß wir, seinen Gesetzen gehorsam, hier gefallen sind.«

CHIEF ARCHITECT

visit our HTW website

Although I agree with Antalis about there being a bit too many buildings to manuever, the rest looks absolutely fantastic

Take my love. Take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. I don’t care, I’m still free. You can’t take the sky from me. Take me out to the black. Tell ‘em I ain’t comin’ back. Burn the land and boil the sea. You can’t take the sky from me. Have no place I can be since I found Serenity.

Thank you both. This kind of castle will benefit the Sindar fighting style with light infantry (javelins?) and archers. This was done unintentionally. I will test it as the English high as they will have Longbowmen and Kerns.

The Abominable Senior Member Hexxagon Champion Monk's Avatar

Very well done mablung

Thingol would be proud

Also, you might want to replace those artillery towers with City or Ballista towers or the attackers will have no hope of winning.

Yes you´re right TigerVX.
    »Erzähle, Wandrer, wenn du nach Sparta kommst, daß wir, seinen Gesetzen gehorsam, hier gefallen sind.«

CHIEF ARCHITECT

visit our HTW website

Yes, Icare83's Gondolin map needs the same thing to happen. I tried testing it and couldn't get it working. Got to the title where it says the map name and has the begin battle button underneath. The game just freezes up. I tried sticking my crap computer on minimal settings and it still didn't work. The music goes on a loop, the river stops flowing and I can't move the mouse. I tried Icare83's map and it worked fine.

any luck ironing out that bug?
    Take my love. Take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. I don’t care, I’m still free. You can’t take the sky from me. Take me out to the black. Tell ‘em I ain’t comin’ back. Burn the land and boil the sea. You can’t take the sky from me. Have no place I can be since I found Serenity.

Not yet, haven't had all that much time. Might have it working by tomorrow.

Is there any units done? Im really looking forwards to this mod I love silmarillion Anyways...I wish you lots of luck, take care.

There are a couple units done that are available here at the org already, they are called goblin and orc so check the files page. Other than that everything is still being worked on.

K, thanks

just wanted to let everyone know that a rough draft of the new site design is up on my university's server. I had to upload it as an assignment, but i figured i'd let everyone take a look.
    Silmarillion: Total War

I so hope this doesnt just die off like Middle Earth Total war seems to have...Im really truly interested in this one

The website looks nice, the background is a bit plain though...but still it is pretty good, keep up the good work

when a beta will be released ??
    Death is the only true in life

NEVER We are keeping it all to ourselves, hahahahahaha...

just kidding.

seriously though we'll keep everyone updated on our progress and basically when we have enough for 2 sided custom battle beta we'll release it. No time frame yet as we have still have a lot of planning and work to be done before we get that far, but we'll keep you all updated.

Take as long as you need...dont give in to pressure to release it as quickly as possible, rushing is bad...

Hey, everyone come participate in the community FAQ over on our forums.

I think i will camp in this forum waiting for the release of the beta
    Death is the only true in life

all right here's the deal. The SMTW team is the market for a new unit modeler, if anyone is interested please reply here or e-mail me at strider74205@hotmail.com or on our forum at our website here

Basically the job description is thus: We need someone to model units and do weapon and shield positioning on said units. Avarin is awsome but unfortunatly he has lots of real-world stuff on his plate, so we need one person or two people to lighten his work load. You won't have to make very many units, at the moment we are only planning four or five basic units per faction, and one royal unit, and a lot of those units can use the same bif just swap out shields and weapons. If we want we can make more later but thats how it stands now. Familiarity with The Silmarillion or any of Tolkien's works is not really necessary, we have concept art by caspian and lots of paintings that we want to base things off of.

I'll be posting this in as many places as I can so we get some good advertising.

Damn...I wish I knew how too make units...Id help you guys in a heartbeat. Know any good unit making tutorials?

Here Is a good Unit tutorial about how to change the graphics of units. I tried to read it, but my brain melted and spaltered all over the screen

Hello everyone I'm back.

It is a pleasure to see that support is still growing for the Silmarillion mod despite my absence. Some of the graphics I'm working on now: I've made the model that I will be using for wargs, and some recent experiments have led me to using multiple models per animation frame, thus, for the goblin dregs at least, the maximum unit size (200) will show 600 goblins per unit in the battle screen. I didn't want to press it further than this because of loss of unit detail. Hence it will be possible to at least by apearances, lead a 10'000 goblin single faction (16 units) army into battle. I have test screenies for those interested.

Progress on all graphics fronts can be expected. I have finished the Noldor infantry but am having trouble with sections of faction specific clothing winking out due to green/color0 overlap, if anyone can help me here I would appreciate it. I plan on writing the elves into the existing game for test purposes, this could lead to our first beta.

Avarin.
    ...and Beleriand was ablaze with the glory of their arms, for the host of the Valar were arrayed in forms young and fair and terrible, and the mountains rang beneath their feet.

-Of the Voyage of Earendil.

Sounds amazing, Avarin. Looking forward to that beta

Thanks for the continued support to everyone. Please come join our forum at http://silmarilliontw.proboards21.com/index.cgi
    Thanks to Strider for setting it all up, The Goblin-mass unit has been finished, and the result is astounding, however I should stop effacing myself. Now I'm makin' Trolls. I don't know what you all will think of my models but I'm just having fun doing it, it is an honor to work with the Silmarillion team,a great bunch. I can't wait to release the models I'm making but that will be a team decision on how we will release, for now they let me do what I want graphically, and that brings out the best of my creative abilities.

Now back to the depths of Angband Udun, Morgoth Bauglir has special plans for all his children. We shall make a hell of heaven and a heaven of hell.

Avarin.
    ...and Beleriand was ablaze with the glory of their arms, for the host of the Valar were arrayed in forms young and fair and terrible, and the mountains rang beneath their feet.

-Of the Voyage of Earendil.

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (avarin @ June 01 2004,00:25)]Hello everyone I'm back.

It is a pleasure to see that support is still growing for the Silmarillion mod despite my absence. Some of the graphics I'm working on now: I've made the model that I will be using for wargs, and some recent experiments have led me to using multiple models per animation frame, thus, for the goblin dregs at least, the maximum unit size (200) will show 600 goblins per unit in the battle screen. I didn't want to press it further than this because of loss of unit detail. Hence it will be possible to at least by apearances, lead a 10'000 goblin single faction (16 units) army into battle. I have test screenies for those interested.

Progress on all graphics fronts can be expected. I have finished the Noldor infantry but am having trouble with sections of faction specific clothing winking out due to green/color0 overlap, if anyone can help me here I would appreciate it. I plan on writing the elves into the existing game for test purposes, this could lead to our first beta.

Avarin.
    Now THAT sounds nice. Will each of the 3 Goblin frames have their own weapon to help give that barbaric look? This sounds really cool .

By the way... Can you post those screenies, I'd love to see the greatest army of our time (MTW wise =P)

are you going to remake this mod for rtw think of what it would be like
    Formerly ceasar010

The Abominable Senior Member Hexxagon Champion Monk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (ceasar010 @ June 10 2004,15:32)]are you going to remake this mod for rtw think of what it would be like
    Now now, don't be hasty ceasar010.

I know it'd be great wouldn't it? but first things first.

PapaSmurf Senior Member Louis de la Ferte Ste Colombe's Avatar

Be sure to use all available source

Louis,
    [FF] Louis St Simurgh / The Simurgh

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast