Page 45 of 48 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 1415

Thread: Medieval: Total War XL

Default Re: Medieval: Total War XL

Quote Originally Posted by OmarPacha

I've completed battle unit icons with MTW palette; now units added with XL3 will suit faction colours.

http://www.totalwar.org/Downloads/Mt...units_pack.rar

Cheers
    Nice work, OmarPacha

I have noticed that your new icons (both bifs and lbms) use the same palette. What tools do you employ to save bif and lbm formats? I assume that Mithel Image Converter or Purpgrab/Seqgrab.

Well I'm sure everyone's beloved Irish will work out just fine. (VH must be having a binge induced nap, drunken viking... )

Oh, can they be kept (if not allready) all viking units throughout all periods? And I think Saxony should have viking units at their disposal as well.
    Last edited by Wladyslaw IV; 01-08-2008 at 22:59.
    Eras Total Conquest, your Eras TW for Kingdoms.

cheers for that gregori99.

Quote Originally Posted by Belisario
    Nice work, OmarPacha

I have noticed that your new icons (both bifs and lbms) use the same palette. What tools do you employ to save bif and lbm formats? I assume that Mithel Image Converter or Purpgrab/Seqgrab.
    Could not get any satsfying output with Purpgrab /Seqgrab as these tools do not help removing black dots, I usually employ Ultimate paint and Irfanview.

Greetings

Hey, I've looked around but can't find a summary of the new units or changes to old units anywhere - is one available? I'd love to see all the new unit descriptions so I can pick my next faction of choice!

Member Member dimitrios the samian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OmarPacha
    Could not get any satsfying output with Purpgrab /Seqgrab as these tools do not help removing black dots, I usually employ Ultimate paint and Irfanview.

Greetings
    Well done again Omar ... Perhaps sometime in the future you could start guide in the Lab to show those interested how you produce them succesfully and easily .. cheers DTS

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Omar, for some reason, whenever I download your file, it ends up as an openoffice writer file for some reason, rather than an actual, applicable download. Is the download not working for some reason, or is it somehow my comp?
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Hi kamikhaan
    do you use download accelerator ?? if so go rightclick on your download icon and click disable browser intergration then you cane donwload the mod.
    I did have this problem also with a copple of downloads.
    I hope you succeed

Blog Entries

I can't figure this out! The "download icon"? I'm thouroughly confumbled.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Hi kamikhaan
    if you like i got send it bij mail to you, just PM me your Email

Greetings

Quote Originally Posted by kamikhaan
    Omar, for some reason, whenever I download your file, it ends up as an openoffice writer file for some reason, rather than an actual, applicable download. Is the download not working for some reason, or is it somehow my comp?
    It is a .rar archive nothing else. Check if the '.rar' extension is associated with openoffice or other programs on your pc.

Blog Entries

Yes, it seems the .rar is associated with OpenOffice. I don't suppose there's any other way I can get it downloaded?

Hi kamikhaan,
    Look in your mailbox and your PM mail
    Greetings

Blog Entries

I did, but unfortunately, I'm still getting the same problem, my computer seems to be interpreting the .rar file as an openoffice file, and thus, I just get a bunch of pages of gobbledygook if I try to open it, as opposed to actually having an install thingamajig.

Instead of double-clicking on the file, right-click and select "open with", then browse to winrar if you've got it. OmarPacha's suggestion sounds like the most likely cause.

7-zip can also open a .rar archive.

Alternatively, fire up one of those unzipping programs, then open the file from there.
    Last edited by gregori99; 01-14-2008 at 13:20.

hello guys. i don't know well English, but help me please :)
    i like very much MTW Viking Invasion. but i have a problem , an error close MTW and send me to windows desktop . . . this problem was on my Pentium 4 , 2,4ghz 128mb radeon , and this trouble is present on my new Core Quadro 2,4 with geforce 8600GT. I did'n know how i can resolve this :( . I already installed MTW from a different source , but didnt resolve the problem. A newest versions of MTW i don't like , i love MTW Viking Invasion :'(
    please sorry if i write this message not there where it is needed , please answer me. Thanks.

[off]I'm from Moldova , Republic of. It between Romania and Ucraina.[/off]

i have already installed patch VH_MTW_XL3_Full.exe , but result is same:
    MEDIEVAL_TW.EXE caused an EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION in module MEDIEVAL_TW.EXE at 001B:0073CE1D
    EAX=00257008 EBX=00254AEC ECX=0000736E EDX=0000004A ESI=00257730
    EDI=11790298 EBP=00000000 ESP=0013C0E0 EIP=0073CE1D FLG=00010202
    CS=001B DS=0023 SS=0023 ES=0023 FS=003B GS=0000
    (null)

Hi kamikhaan

look in your mail box and your PM mate

Blog Entries

Alright, got it working, Axel. Thanks a lot!

thanks.

Hi kamikhaan,
    I am glad you got it working mate it wos no problem at all mate

Hi ~P.X.~
    I dont know wot is giving you this problem it could be your video drivers, if i recall there are more people playing with duo core PC but with no problem . did you get you patches for Mtw VI before installing XL??? and where did you install XL in to ??

i have installed from 3 different sources , first is my old CD and other 2 i have downloaded from web , one from our torrents site and 2 from russian site. out there nobody have my problem. i don't think so XL is the problem , because problem was before i have installed XL. what do you meen with "where did you installed in to" ? i have installed in game directory , not this is the problem , i think so my video drivers conflict with game , but it's a total new PC , why error is present in my old and new PC too ? what settings may cause this error ? from yesterday I play medieval total war 2, is a good game , beautiful , but i love the first edition . . . sorry for disturb.

and sorry for my english too :)

VH, not sure if you opened a can of worms with your 3.0 release, but here is how I always wished XL was as far as buildings were concerned

Not much in any province, you build almost literally from the ground up. So those crappy, early units are going to have to win your wars at the beginning. Don't expect any good units until later....

People and VH: just the EARLY_XL file. Nothing big. Took me a few hours but if you want to try it out, just make a copy of the original EARLY_XL and then drag this one in and replace it.

If you don't like it, dump your original back in and overwrite this one http://files.filefront.com/startpos+.../fileinfo.html

Thanks to Viking Horde and all hail his hours of boredom, and XL..

I keep crashing to desktop after battles. I reinstalled VI and re-downloaded XL 3.0 and reinstalled to no avail. Any ideas?

UPDATE: I changed the screen resolutions to 860x860 for both battle and campaing maps and changed the battle camera option back to locked position, fired up a late Burgundian campaign and had no problems after the first battle.
    Before I had battle resolution at 860 and campaign at 1024. Suspect this could have been the issue. Next I will try to raise both res settings to 1024.
    Last edited by Great Est.; 01-19-2008 at 00:07.

Quote Originally Posted by Great Est.
    I keep crashing to desktop after battles. I reinstalled VI and re-downloaded XL 3.0 and reinstalled to no avail. Any ideas?

UPDATE: I changed the screen resolutions to 860x860 for both battle and campaing maps and changed the battle camera option back to locked position, fired up a late Burgundian campaign and had no problems after the first battle.
    Before I had battle resolution at 860 and campaign at 1024. Suspect this could have been the issue. Next I will try to raise both res settings to 1024.

Battle camera option? I'll have to find that and try it. Than I can get rid of this old video driver from July

I just down loaded MTW XL and ran the install software. It created a new directory C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Medieval - Total War- Gold Edition\. All my MTW files are in C:\Program Files\Total War\Medieval - Total War\. In order to get this to work shouldn't I copy all of the XL files into my original Total War directory and over my existing files? Do I still run MTW XL using the same MTW shortcut?

Beauty hunter Senior Member Raz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by billman8
    I just down loaded MTW XL and ran the install software. It created a new directory C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Medieval - Total War- Gold Edition\. All my MTW files are in C:\Program Files\Total War\Medieval - Total War\. In order to get this to work shouldn't I copy all of the XL files into my original Total War directory and over my existing files? Do I still run MTW XL using the same MTW shortcut?
    Yes, and yes.

If that doesn't work, re-install it but change where it installs to.

From Here:

To Here:

Hope that helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by drone
    I imagine an open-source project to recreate [Medieval: Total War] would be faced with an army of high-valour lawyers.

Live your life out on Earth; I'm going to join the Sun.

This is the last time i attempt modding

3 hours. Tried to add the Irish to high period. TOTAL FRUSTRATION the damn thing wouldn't even load. (Game itself)

Who wants to do a community work on XL? Since VH has abandonded us, we should all pitch in for the perfect XL.

Page 45 of 48 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748 LastLast