Page 46 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1415

Thread: Medieval: Total War XL

Beauty hunter Senior Member Raz's Avatar

Default Re: Medieval: Total War XL

Perfect XL? I'd say it can't get much more perfect...
    Also you can't get something larger than extra large.
    Quote Originally Posted by drone
    I imagine an open-source project to recreate [Medieval: Total War] would be faced with an army of high-valour lawyers.

Live your life out on Earth; I'm going to join the Sun.

Perfect than perfect would be like really... good.

haha, take that smiley

PS: Ali rules.

n/m me. I'm just verrry tired today..
    Last edited by Wladyslaw IV; 02-07-2008 at 22:44.
    Eras Total Conquest, your Eras TW for Kingdoms.

Nur-ad-Din Forum Administrator TosaInu's Avatar
    Last edited by TosaInu; 02-11-2008 at 01:09.
    Ja mata

TosaInu

Twilight Zone Princess

Three times in XL 3.0 I have sent a princess to court a king only to have that particular king die while accepting the new bride. The new king nor any of the other princes or knights will have aquired a wife in that year.

Once with a Norwegian king , a Venetian Doge and the other I can't remember .

The last time the new doge was 18 years old and all of the princesses were under 24. Also there were no assasinations of the princesses.
    Where did they go ? Did my princesses have the pox ?
    Inquirering minds want to know.
    Last edited by Zathernon; 02-17-2008 at 21:40.

Question

Sorry for bothering but can anyone tell me why are "rebels" regiments in XL mod are so small? I've started a campaign for Novgorod and was quite confused when saw that nearby "free" provinces armies consist of 1-2, maximum 3 quite weak units 9like pikeman). SO the question is - is it a XL mod featere (strange feature if so) or it's some kind of bug? I use patched medieval 1.1 with Viking Invasion 2.01 and XL 3.0.

I downloaded the new XL mod onto the desktop of my new laptop. When I double-click it, nothing happens. I right-clicked and checked properties. It said the program was blocked because it was a download, so I unblocked it and clicked Apply. It still won't open, and MTW VI still doesn't show the XL campaigns. The icon on my desktop looks like a little document with a red "A" in the bottom, right corner. Any suggestions?

EDIT: In the properties screen it says this program should be opened with "HIPS Email Attachment Helper." Don't know if that helps. I've downloaded this huge file twice with the same results.
    Last edited by gunslinger; 05-23-2008 at 12:32.
    'People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.'

—George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Zathernon
    Twilight Zone Princess

Three times in XL 3.0 I have sent a princess to court a king only to have that particular king die while accepting the new bride. The new king nor any of the other princes or knights will have aquired a wife in that year.

Once with a Norwegian king , a Venetian Doge and the other I can't remember .

The last time the new doge was 18 years old and all of the princesses were under 24. Also there were no assasinations of the princesses.
    Where did they go ? Did my princesses have the pox ?
    Inquirering minds want to know.
    I think your princesses are some real hotties, the old man's heart just couldn't stand her...

Kudos to VH for this mod, it's one of the best I've seen.

Does anyone know how to add resources to a campaign mod? What files are involved?

Beauty hunter Senior Member Raz's Avatar

Replied to, link.
    If there's any parts that you don't quite get just ask. Also, always, always, always, ALWAYS back up any file that you modify to a safe folder that you won't accidentally delete. Copy them before you mod them to a folder on your desktop or something.
    Did I mention that you must do this always?
    Last edited by Raz; 06-03-2008 at 10:16.
    Quote Originally Posted by drone
    I imagine an open-source project to recreate [Medieval: Total War] would be faced with an army of high-valour lawyers.

Live your life out on Earth; I'm going to join the Sun.

are any of the links for MTW mods working? for XL or BKB Super Mod?
    VAE VICTUS-PaNtOcRaToR
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomi says
    Honour is that which preserves the dignity of the human spirit.
    It’s how you treat people, that makes you an honourable person.
    Not how many battles you win.
    The glory of your victories will soon be forgotten.
    But the kindness and respect you show for others, will not.
    So is there really any honour in Total War games?
    No.
    But there is in some of it’s players…

anytime i try to download from the site, the same screen pops up...am i missing something, or do these links no longer exist??
    VAE VICTUS-PaNtOcRaToR
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomi says
    Honour is that which preserves the dignity of the human spirit.
    It’s how you treat people, that makes you an honourable person.
    Not how many battles you win.
    The glory of your victories will soon be forgotten.
    But the kindness and respect you show for others, will not.
    So is there really any honour in Total War games?
    No.
    But there is in some of it’s players…

If I told you, I'd have to kill you. England.

The link to Atomic Gamer works. It then shows a bunch of links on that screen, one of which should be the XL 3.0 download. You click on that, wait a few minutes in a 'queue,' and then you can download the mod.
    I believe in a society without rules, laws and regulations. A society where there are only ideas - strict ideas that must be followed to by the letter - and any failure to comply is punishable by death. This would be no dictatorship or police state, no one would be living in terror. It would merely be a 'reassessment of one's preferences,' people living in 'not-so-optimistic security.' So, welcome, those who are 'longing to be blindly obedient and loyal, unbeknownst to them.'

i when to go add in the golden horde in XL Early made sure every thing was right and i gave them khazar and a description in early XL list but when i start MTW early XL will not appear, what did i do wrong, sry if this is the wrong place to post this and what is the golden khanate province and how is it important ?

Well, something strange : it crash, when starting a french campaign, or when acquiring some new buildings in scotland. Haven't tested it strictly, but there an error somewhere!

edit : so now i'm sure, some graphics make ctd. Don't know why
    Last edited by Trotski12; 06-20-2008 at 15:13. Reason: more search

Hi VH
    is it possible to install Full 3.0 on MTW or must i install 2.0 and 2.1 patch first ?? any one

Camel Lord Senior Member Capture The Flag Champion Martok's Avatar
    In my own little world....but it's okay, they know me there.

You should be able to just go straight to the 3.0 version.
    "MTW is not a game, it's a way of life." -- drone

Thx mate,

I have to get this running on my old computer , the new one got 8600 gt magic ge force 512mb in it and wont run MTW dammit i got a new PC 5600 amd dual core and it just wont run MTW

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    Perfect XL? I'd say it can't get much more perfect...
    Also you can't get something larger than extra large.

Try Tyberius
    Last edited by Tyberius; 07-11-2008 at 11:23.

Chief Biscuit Monitor Member professorspatula's Avatar

I don't know if it's down to your mod Tyberius, or the latest version of XL (I installed XL3 over 2, then your mod before trying XL3 by itself) but the Teutonics are missing a portrait for their inquisitors; the game just gives a minor annoying error about there being no portrait. Also they start with 2 Teutonic Knight units in Late, but they're of the normal Teutonic Knight variety in the campaign file, rather than the XLTeutonic Knight that you recruit afterwards so they can never be upgraded. Two very minor details though. Anyway, the mods have certainly made MTW more interesting.
    Improving the TW Series one step at a time:

BI Extra Hordes & Unlocked Factions Mod: Available here.

Quote Originally Posted by professorspatula View Post
    I don't know if it's down to your mod Tyberius, or the latest version of XL (I installed XL3 over 2, then your mod before trying XL3 by itself) but the Teutonics are missing a portrait for their inquisitors; the game just gives a minor annoying error about there being no portrait. Also they start with 2 Teutonic Knight units in Late, but they're of the normal Teutonic Knight variety in the campaign file, rather than the XLTeutonic Knight that you recruit afterwards so they can never be upgraded. Two very minor details though. Anyway, the mods have certainly made MTW more interesting.
    The missing inquisitors portraits are my fault, but the teutonic knights are from the original mod, I'm making a small patch to correct that problems and others like the wrong animation for the norse archers axes (that are held backwards) the also wrong sword animation for all Mailhcav texture units, the lack of shooting animation for the almughavars and armoured almughavars among others.

I'm finding 3.0 on my eras disk very crashy-help?
    Roma locuta est. Causa finita est

If I told you, I'd have to kill you. England.

I'd suggest making a visit to this thread, just in case you're suffering the usual CTD issues MTW suffers these days owing to more up-to-date hardware/software (graphics cards/drivers) and an old game: https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=79500

PS: If you try any fixes from that page, I personally recommend the campaign map button fix. That one seriously works wonders.
    Last edited by Kaidonni; 08-11-2008 at 12:18.
    I believe in a society without rules, laws and regulations. A society where there are only ideas - strict ideas that must be followed to by the letter - and any failure to comply is punishable by death. This would be no dictatorship or police state, no one would be living in terror. It would merely be a 'reassessment of one's preferences,' people living in 'not-so-optimistic security.' So, welcome, those who are 'longing to be blindly obedient and loyal, unbeknownst to them.'

This is a great mod, but it's quite unplayable for me at the moment as about one in ten turns I have freezes when 'thinking'. It's so annoying how do I fix it?

A Veteran Wargamer Member kiwitt's Avatar

Just coming back to MTW:VI:XL after a long stint on Civ 4 and I discovered version 3.0 of XL.

I last used XL 2.1 - What is the difference between XL 2.1 and 3.0
    We work to live, and to live is to, play "Total War" or drive a VR-4

I would not only try the XL3, but the Tyberias version (including XL3), mentioned on the bottom of the Guild page. It will tell you about the changes:
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=107921

can anyone held me! i have installed the XL mod, however when i click 'new campaign' on the main menu. it only shows:
    Viking Invasion
    early period XL
    early period
    high period

i love the early period XL but im dying to play high XL and late XL please can anyone help me? have i loaded it wrong?

much love

king Cumbraes

I had the same problem. See if you can scroll down to see the missing options.
    In those simple times there was a great wonder and mystery in life. Man walked in fear and solemnity, with Heaven very close above his head, and Hell below his very feet. God's visible hand was everywhere, in the rainbow and the comet, in the thunder and the wind. The Devil too raged openly upon the earth; he skulked behind the hedge-rows in the gloaming; he laughed loudly in the night-time; he clawed the dying sinner, pounced on the unbaptized babe, and twisted the limbs of the epileptic. A foul fiend slunk ever by a man's side and whispered villainies in his ear, while above him there hovered an angel of grace . . .

Arthur Conan Doyle

When will come new version??????????
    I CANT WAIT :d:d

Camel Lord Senior Member Capture The Flag Champion Martok's Avatar
    In my own little world....but it's okay, they know me there.

Unless I'm very much mistaken, I believe 3.0 is VikingHorde's final update. Short of any patching needed for bug fixes -- and as far as I'm aware, there aren't any necessary right now -- this the final version.
    "MTW is not a game, it's a way of life." -- drone

Quote Originally Posted by Martok View Post
    Unless I'm very much mistaken, I believe 3.0 is VikingHorde's final update. Short of any patching needed for bug fixes -- and as far as I'm aware, there aren't any necessary right now -- this the final version.
    Is it? That sucks. The balancing is pretty bad with factions, portugal always gets gangraped by spain or the almoravids, and the same sort of thing is happening to other minor factions like new armenia and bavaria too, its only rarely that they survive and make little kingdoms, but playing them is even harder.. the cumans havent got enough variety of cavalry to compensate for their shitty infantry.. cant build peasants anymore etc etc. Just some annoying things.. minor factions dont get much of a fair start most of the time..
    Its time to play Medieval or chew bubble gum.. And i'm all outta gum..

Page 46 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748 LastLast