Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Medieval: Total War XL

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (alman9898 @ June 05 2004,05:15)]I'll download this mod when the release with the new provinces is out.
    It will be some time before I will release the new version, but the old one is allso good. I want to add lots of new units, new provinces and other stuff before I send it out.

PS: the downloade links are on page one

MTW XL version 3.0 out now! Get it here:
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=31201

the DL doesn't work..
    KILL RANDOM PEOPLE AND DRINK THEIR BLOOD

Quote[/b] (alman9898 @ June 06 2004,19:57)]the DL doesn't work..
    I have just checked them and they work fine. You need to click on the links on page one and you will get a new page (3ddownloads). There you can get the mod.

Is it just me, or do the 3d Downloads not actually download? I'm looking forward to trying this mod, but I've been waiting in line for almost two hours now, when the wait was only supposed to be 17 minutes, which still says 17 minutes.

Is there something else I should be doing?

It could be a computer problem. Some of my friends computers can't download from there after their computer was infected by a virus. I will try and downloade the mods later today to check for problems. If I find a problem, I'll let Tosa know.

Well, I seem to have gotten it to work. For some reason I had to manually refresh the queue with CTRL+F5 and that seems to have done the trick. Really looking forward to playing it

Quote[/b] (Renton @ June 07 2004,16:19)]Well, I seem to have gotten it to work. For some reason I had to manually refresh the queue with CTRL+F5 and that seems to have done the trick. Really looking forward to playing it
    Im glad you can download it. Have just made a test downloade and all worked perfectly. I have done a lot to make the mod have the same standard as the original game, so I think you will like the mod.

In a mounth or so the new version will be completed with lots of new units. Things are looking good, becouse im getting a lot of work done and I have allso found out how to make the units.

Merkismathr of Birka Member PseRamesses's Avatar
    Birka town in Svitjod. Realm of the Rus and the midnight sun.

Quote[/b] (VikingHorde @ May 23 2004,14:16)]I have now added:
    Scania (All the Danish parts of southen Sweden)
    Estonia (Small province, but makes the map more realistic)
    Algarve (the southen half of Portugal)
    Levidia (Southen part of Kiev + some of Khazan)

Next provinces:
    Moscowy will be devided in two
    Novgorod will be devided in two
    Khazan will be devided in two
    Last province ?

Well, being a Swede I must insist on creating the island of Gotland as the last province. Historically it played a significant role through the viking and medieval ages with rich trade and it would add good gameplay to the area.

IMHO Algarve isn´t as important as dividing Cordoba. I remember the discussions going pretty hot on this issue when it was decided which new provs to add in Wes MedMod, he he I agree that Novgorod and Muscowy isn´t that important to devide as others like Provence, Greece, Syria etc.

Have you unlocked the Sahara province?

Great that you divided Poland and especially Khazar - Coastal and inland part?

Quote[/b] (PseRamesses @ June 09 2004,12:27)]Well, being a Swede I must insist on creating the island of Gotland as the last province. Historically it played a significant role through the viking and medieval ages with rich trade and it would add good gameplay to the area.

IMHO Algarve isn´t as important as dividing Cordoba. I remember the discussions going pretty hot on this issue when it was decided which new provs to add in Wes MedMod, he he I agree that Novgorod and Muscowy isn´t that important to devide as others like Provence, Greece, Syria etc.

Have you unlocked the Sahara province?

Great that you divided Poland and especially Khazar - Coastal and inland part?
    Im having a hard time adding Gotland, getting a lot of grey hair of it . I will soon give it another try.

Cordoba might be a good province to add, being rather big. I have 2 provinces left, but have not removed any of the old provinces. I don't know if there are any that I should remove, maybe swiss. I don't want to remove any islands, becouse they IMO is a vital part of the game. Im open to ideas..

Sahara has not been unlocked and will not be. There are better use of provinces IMO.
    EDIT: Removing Sahara givers me one extra province so that I now can add a total of 3 more provinces.

Khazar has been devided into a Coastal Khazar (lesser khazar) and inland Khazar (Khazar).

I will send you the maps that I got. They are fully playable, but still needs to be editted before release.

i wonder that is there another server except 3D downloads which i can download mod?
    The Truth is from thy Lord; so be not at all in doubt. The Heifer (Al-Baqarah)-147

Quote[/b] (-Amon- @ June 10 2004,10:40)]i wonder that is there another server except 3D downloads which i can download mod?
    Right now theres only this server. I don't like 3D downloads, but can't find any other place to put it. If someone knows a good server to place the mod, please write. Im probely going to have problems with the next version, becouse it will be larger than 100 Mb. I will make a small version to, but it's hard to find enogth server space.

Quote[/b] (VikingHorde @ June 10 2004,05:15)]
    Quote[/b] (-Amon- @ June 10 2004,10:40)]i wonder that is there another server except 3D downloads which i can download mod?
    Right now theres only this server. I don't like 3D downloads, but can't find any other place to put it. If someone knows a good server to place the mod, please write. Im probely going to have problems with the next version, becouse it will be larger than 100 Mb. I will make a small version to, but it's hard to find enogth server space.
    it's too hard downloading from 3D downloads with 56K connection..

I tried to download with DA but resume was not supported

i will find another way..i want to play your mod..
    The Truth is from thy Lord; so be not at all in doubt. The Heifer (Al-Baqarah)-147

Quote[/b] (-Amon- @ June 12 2004,15:35)]it's too hard downloading from 3D downloads with 56K connection..

I tried to download with DA but resume was not supported

i will find another way..i want to play your mod..
    Thats why Im going to make 2 versions of my next version. The small version will be about 16 Mb I think, packed with a new install program. It will make the install more easy and help those with 56K connections. The big version will include the mod, music and new background map (very big). The big version will be about 100 Mb, but it will look great and be easy to install.

New Features of version 2.0:
    - New map with 8 more provinces (maybe more).
    - New factions added: Bohemians, Burgundians, Hospitaller Order, Irish, and Norwegians.
    - New units (The scots, Armenians, Bulgarians, Serbs will change a lot, getting a new unit tree)
    - Better game ballance

Lots of new stuff

EDIT: If anyone has problems with downloading from 3d downloads, please read here:

http://www.totalwar.org/cgi-bin....;t=6215

Good idea with Bohemians. I'm offering my help. But keep in mind, that on Holidays I will be able to be on-line only through modem and not so often. You can send me some files to v.pelcak@post.cz and spearhead@seznam.cz . Only limitations are 1,5 MB size of single mail and 10 MB of free space in each mailbox. Bye.

Quote[/b] (SpetzNatz @ June 17 2004,12:40)]Good idea with Bohemians. I'm offering my help. But keep in mind, that on Holidays I will be able to be on-line only through modem and not so often. You can send me some files to v.pelcak@post.cz and spearhead@seznam.cz . Only limitations are 1,5 MB size of single mail and 10 MB of free space in each mailbox. Bye.
    Sounds good. My new faction shields (GA's to) are allmost done, the map allso. I could realy use some info on unit (incl. stats and unit names) and bohemian names for generals + kings. Maybe some other stuff like unit info pics or something..

Humanist Misanthrope Member Earl of Sandwich's Avatar

I have a question. Is this mod good?
    More specifically, is it as good as BKB's mod? Better? What is the key difference between the two?

Barbarian of the north Member Magraev's Avatar

This mod sounds very interesting.

Dividing the east into more provinces will help make it more interesting, and I agree, that Cordoba is way to big (maybe make toledo the new province?). I'm glad to hear (well - read...) that you're removing the land-bridges as well.

As A dane I'm naturally glad to see Skåne, Halland and Blekinge back in danish hands too...

Does the mod keep a proper power-balance? The ekstra provinces could give some factions a sizeable advantage?

Last: When does the big mod with a new map come out, and will it be add-on as well or will it overwrite the existing install ? (that's what stopped me from playing wesmod)
    Nope - no sig what so ever.

Quote[/b] ]I have a question. Is this mod good?
    More specifically, is it as good as BKB's mod? Better? What is the key difference between the two?
    IMO it's a good mod and people who plays it like it to.
    I don't know if it's better/worse than BKB's mod, becouse I have not played it.
    Key difference, thats a hard one. My mod has another faction setup (other facions), GA mode (can't remember if BKB's has that), new music and another graphics design (new menu, GA/Prebattle shields, other faction shields). BKB's mod has new units and map, something my mod will have in the future. That will make the two mod's even more different. Danes don't look at history the same way as the english

Quote[/b] ]Does the mod keep a proper power-balance? The ekstra provinces could give some factions a sizeable advantage?
    Im trying to make the power-balance as good as possible so that no faction will be overpowered. Untill now it look very good IMO.

Quote[/b] ]As A dane I'm naturally glad to see Skåne, Halland and Blekinge back in danish hands too...
    It's something that allso has been bugging me, but it looks correct now

Quote[/b] ]Last: When does the big mod with a new map come out, and will it be add-on as well or will it overwrite the existing install ? (that's what stopped me from playing wesmod)
    Im trying to to make it a addon, but will maybe have size problems in MB, it I make it a addon. The 1.2 version is a addon and I hope that the 2.0 allso will be one. If it becomes an overwrite, then I'll make the mod so that you can play the old game, but with a new map.

EDIT: Info about the mod (factions ect.) and downloade links are on page 1

A little update
    OK, I have just finished all the shields for the new factions (Bohemia, Norway, Hospitaller, Burgundy and Irish). Allso, the new unit stats have been finished.

The map needs a little work, but I hope to get some work done this weekend. I need to add lots of more units, have added 15-20 new ones. Factions allso needs to be ballanced.

Quote[/b] (VikingHorde @ June 17 2004,12:35)]
    Quote[/b] (SpetzNatz @ June 17 2004,12:40)]Good idea with Bohemians. I'm offering my help. But keep in mind, that on Holidays I will be able to be on-line only through modem and not so often. You can send me some files to v.pelcak@post.cz and spearhead@seznam.cz . Only limitations are 1,5 MB size of single mail and 10 MB of free space in each mailbox. Bye.
    Sounds good. My new faction shields (GA's to) are allmost done, the map allso. I could realy use some info on unit (incl. stats and unit names) and bohemian names for generals + kings. Maybe some other stuff like unit info pics or something..
    I've found, website about Bohemian kings, so I'll be able to send you very accurate info about this, I've also made gameend for bohemian faction, so this is as good as done as well as names shall be done, but I haven't many ideas about Units, sorry. Bye.

BTW, could you add Moravia to Bohemians. It's eastern (slightly smaller) part of Bohemian province, just separate it like this / slash.

Quote[/b] ]I've found, website about Bohemian kings, so I'll be able to send you very accurate info about this, I've also made gameend for bohemian faction, so this is as good as done as well as names shall be done, but I haven't many ideas about Units, sorry. Bye.
    Great, thanks for the help

Quote[/b] ]BTW, could you add Moravia to Bohemians. It's eastern (slightly smaller) part of Bohemian province, just separate it like this / slash.
    Are you thinking about adding a new province? It be a problem, becouse I have used allmost all the free provinces.

Merkismathr of Birka Member PseRamesses's Avatar
    Birka town in Svitjod. Realm of the Rus and the midnight sun.

Quote[/b] (Earl of Sandwich @ June 17 2004,21:45)]I have a question. Is this mod good?
    IMHO I think VH has done a very good mod. It´s not a complete re-work like MM but I do like all the new factions. The only changes I´ve done is change the faction behaviour and taken away the landbridges which IMO get the game even better. Try it you won´t be dissapointed.

Quote[/b] (PseRamesses @ June 21 2004,20:56)]IMHO I think VH has done a very good mod. It´s not a complete re-work like MM but I do like all the new factions. The only changes I´ve done is change the faction behaviour and taken away the landbridges which IMO get the game even better. Try it you won´t be dissapointed.
    Thanks Pse, you have allways been very helpfull with good info on making the mod better. I think you will like the next version of the mod. It has changed faction behaviour and removed landbriges + lots of other stuff. I will try and post some pics later as a little preview.

I Downloaded all 4 parts of your mod that where available on the start of the thread, should I just extract them into the medieval folder or is their some thing else I should do. (and does it affect the original game)

Quote[/b] (fear509 @ June 23 2004,05:11)]I Downloaded all 4 parts of your mod that where available on the start of the thread, should I just extract them into the medieval folder or is their some thing else I should do. (and does it affect the original game)
    There are proberly a folder called Medieval - total war inside your MTW folder. The music pack zip-file has a lot of selfextracting rar* files inside, so you need to unzip the musicpack first, then unpack the rar files. Rar is a better packing program, so it means less mb to download.

* (rar is another packing program, a little like zip)

Installation Order with music:
    VH_MTW_XL_MusicPack.zip (rar files inside, needs to be unpacked)
    VH_MTW_XL_MOD12.zip
    VH_MTW_XL_MusicPack12update.exe
    VH_MTW_XL_Mod12fix.exe

A little preview of the new mod.

Algarve, a little something for the portuguise to fight for

The province Scania was a part of Denmark and the Swedish wanted it very badly.

I did not like the size of Khazar, just too big. The map looks more correct now IMO.

By making the province Estonia, the Teutonic Order can get Livonia. The danes only had Estonia, but not Livonia. Denmark later sold Estonia to the Order, but thats another story

One of the cool GA shields that Solo made for the mod.

Some more pics

Poland is devided in two

Teutonic Footknights in action

New Serbian heavy cav

Scottish medium cav

Great work VH, I love your mod especially for the fact that GA are playable Just one question though, with the new version, will there be any changes to the way GA points are scored for very small factions (such as the Scottish), The larger factions with many homelands have it quite easy to win using GA but with factions that have a single homeland province (Which usually only scores 5 points or so per count) it is very difficult, as you have to get the maximum 32 points from conquest to stand a chance at winning as well as wiping out/creating civil war with all those larger factions with homelands, and to achieve this means conquering nearly the entire map anyway, I just think that the smaller factions should get maybe 10 or so points for their single province homeland and quite high conquest rewards (such as two-three per province) so you don't have to take over half the map to win.
    CHIVALRY TOTAL WAR - A medieval mod for RTW
    http://www.stratcommandcenter.com/chivalry/

Quote[/b] (Armchair Athlete @ June 26 2004,16:59)]Great work VH, I love your mod especially for the fact that GA are playable Just one question though, with the new version, will there be any changes to the way GA points are scored for very small factions (such as the Scottish), The larger factions with many homelands have it quite easy to win using GA but with factions that have a single homeland province (Which usually only scores 5 points or so per count) it is very difficult, as you have to get the maximum 32 points from conquest to stand a chance at winning as well as wiping out/creating civil war with all those larger factions with homelands, and to achieve this means conquering nearly the entire map anyway, I just think that the smaller factions should get maybe 10 or so points for their single province homeland and quite high conquest rewards (such as two-three per province) so you don't have to take over half the map to win.
    Thanks There are maybe some factions that needs to get higher GA point count, so i'll take a look at them. Im happy to say that GA-mode will allso be included in the new version 2.0 with the new provinces.

Unfrequent Visitor Member tombom's Avatar

Looks brilliant VH, the only trouble is I won't be able to download the full version because I have 56k.
    caesar44 is having a system failure Claudius. He no longer has a head, on the count of it exploding. - Wonderland in this thread

Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast