Thread: Medieval: Total War XL

Default Re: Medieval: Total War XL

Quote Originally Posted by Peregrine_Tergiversate
    rats! the download just decided to grind to a halt. :(
    Tosa's server has gone down

MTW XL version 3.0 out now! Get it here:
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=31201

second attempt looks like its gonna be a failure.............

hows's 3d downloads going?

second attempt looks like its gonna be a failure.............

hows's 3d downloads going?
    Tosa will upload the files tomorrow, early I hope.

Excellent work VH! I have downloaded the small version of the mod from tosa's server, the bigger one was downloading at 10kb a second and I couldn't wait that long, I'll get it when it appears on 3d Downloads. I like the new colours for the factions, and the new units looks awesome! An excellent mod, especially like the fact that GA is playable. I also see you added some new heroes too! I recommend you announce the final version (when it is hosted at 3d dowloads) in the main hall and entrance hall too, not that many people read the engineers guild so a lot wont know about it. Well I guess this is it then, if you do end up making a mod for RTW based in the medieval ages make sure you start a thread on it, cause I would love to help with research or anything like that! Good luck for future modding efforts!
    CHIVALRY TOTAL WAR - A medieval mod for RTW
    http://www.stratcommandcenter.com/chivalry/

Barbarian of the north Member Magraev's Avatar

I just downloaded the large mod (phew) and I'm ready to install. This looks like a GREAT mod.

I suppose I just doubleclick and it put everything where it's supposed to go. Any files I should backup??
    Nope - no sig what so ever.

dammit, you've made me try d/l'ing the large version again. :p

Quote Originally Posted by Magraev
    I just downloaded the large mod (phew) and I'm ready to install. This looks like a GREAT mod.

I suppose I just doubleclick and it put everything where it's supposed to go. Any files I should backup??
    If you would like to play the game with the old map and provinces, then it's good idea to backup the
    textures\map folder
    loc\eng (or spanish)
    campmap\startpos folder

You could also just backup the old save files and reinstall the game when you don't want to play the XL mod anymore (if that happens )

@Peregrine_Tergiversate

come on Tosa.........................

I was able to grab the large file last night. It installed perfectly and I spent a couple of hours on a very fun game as the Hospitallers. After a few turns I invaded Tripoli with everything I had, leaving nothing on my home island. The Egyption counter attacks were vicious and I barely hung on, moving a new unit in every turn. Then the Spanish passed through the area on the way to Palestine during another Egyption counter attack. The pre battle screen showed the Spanish as an allied force. I thought thank god! But after we beat off the Egyptians the SPanish proceeded to attack what was left of my already small force! My king saved the day, personally driving off the very last of the Spanish units. When it was all done I had fewer than 100 men and the siege of Tripoli was almost complete. I sent in one more unit and thankfully the Egyptians chose not to attack again and the Spanish had left on their merry way to Palestine.

What a great mod. Thank you VH!

Default Re: Can't find new mod!

@VH
    Can not find 2.0 Full mod at 3Ddownloads. Where is it?

Default Re: Can't find new mod!

Quote Originally Posted by vladthewallachian
    @VH
    Can not find 2.0 Full mod at 3Ddownloads. Where is it?
    I have just gotten a mail from Tosa saying that it will have to wait for a while, so you will have to download from the small server for now. You can allways take the map from beta version and use it for the small final version. Just copy the files from textures\map\xl into textures\map. That should do it.

EDIT: You will of couse not get the new music then

Member Member william the bastard's Avatar

just wait few days before d/l and got it i let all others guys smash on it
    Sorry for my French

@VH
    Ok! I can't just as well as the others. By the way good job ole boy. Cheers!

Forum Administrator Forum Administrator Admin's Avatar

Hello,

People are constantly downloading from the homeserver since yesterday and that's what it is for.

FTP'ing files to other servers is slow for me now. The small file is uploading now: 1.5-3kbs. It will take time.

Use a downloadmanager Peregrine_Tergiversate so you can resume?

oh well, i have left the work server d/l'ing it overnight, that will have to do.

Hi Viking Horde , this mod is excellent! but i have a dude , which mod is the best? BKB or MTW XL ???? i like your mod , maybe you can create new provinces and new units to the golden horde? units of the shogun total war??????? because they have few units , they canot win , only they can win with their vast numbers , excelent job!

Quote Originally Posted by Mudshovel
    Hi Viking Horde , this mod is excellent! but i have a dude , which mod is the best? BKB or MTW XL ???? i like your mod , maybe you can create new provinces and new units to the golden horde? units of the shogun total war??????? because they have few units , they canot win , only they can win with their vast numbers , excelent job!
    Did you download the new final version? The new one has new golden horde units from STW.

The best mod? Can't say, some like BKBs' mod, some like medmod and some like the XL mod. The only way to know is trying them out, they are all unique mods in there own way.

Garrgghh!

i slowly d/l'ed it on the work server overnight, not expecting it to finish at all.
    i come into work, find it finished, delightedly transfer it by USB pendrive to my laptop, and double-click on the .exe.
    "this file contains invalid data"

Garrgghh!

i slowly d/l'ed it on the work server overnight, not expecting it to finish at all.
    i come into work, find it finished, delightedly transfer it by USB pendrive to my laptop, and double-click on the .exe.
    "this file contains invalid data"
    The file is about 140 mb, so maybe it wasn't finished downloading it (or some kind of error happened). I can only hope that it soon can be uploaded to 3D downloads server.

A simple , but very important kuestion :

Hi again Viking Horde , I have a kuestion , if i have the MTW XL 1.0 , i need the MTW XL 2.0 full version or only the 2.0 light version?????????

This 2.0 version include new provinces??????

A simple , but very important kuestion :

Hi again Viking Horde , I have a kuestion , if i have the MTW XL 1.0 , i need the MTW XL 2.0 full version or only the 2.0 light version?????????

This 2.0 version include new provinces??????
    The 1.0 version is not needed. If you have a slow internet connection, then the light version is the one you should download (28 mb). If you have a fast connection, then go for the big one (140 mb). The two version are almost identical, however the small one dosn't have a new background map with the names of the new provinces (keeps the old one). The big version has new music and a new background map with all province names (incl. the new provinces).

Thanks for the help , one last kuestion , this light version has new provinces or not? and how many provinces now are in the 2.0 full , 9? 10? 11?
    this is the last version of the mod??? very god jobbb and why you dont add sahara to the provinces like other mods?

thanks

Thanks for the help , one last kuestion , this light version has new provinces or not? and how many provinces now are in the 2.0 full , 9? 10? 11?
    this is the last version of the mod??? very god jobbb and why you dont add sahara to the provinces like other mods?

thanks
    Both mods have 9 new provinces. Sahara has been taken away and replaced with a new province. I have no plans of making a new version of the mod, but I will studie RTW to see how modding frendly it is.

Default Re: 3ddownload server problems

@VH
    I think Tosa is having a bit of a problem with the 3ddownload server. Can not seem to find the latest two mods on there. Saw the light mod on there two days ago, but now it is gone. Oh well! Just drop me a line when the bigger mod can be downloaded. I tried the temporary site, but it stoped. I have a very fast connection so all I will do is wait and believe you me I can wait along time. No pressure and no rush mate. Some people don't realize the fact that things do go wrong with internet and computers. By the way, I've been thinking about purchasing RTW. What do you think about this new game? Would like to hear all the info you might have on it. I'm not a modder and it is probably great that I am not, because I am not capable and do not have the talent to make mods like this. Anywho, great work and keep on trucking lad! I'm gone!

"There ain't nothing better in life than driving a big ole truck!"

I've been downloading the big one for two days now, on and off thanks to D.A.P, and now it;s got about half an hour left. The server keeps dropping the connection, and then not reconnecting for a while so anyone not using a pausable downloader, I suggest you wait for 3D downloads.

I hope this is worth it.....
    I was trying to find some help in the ancient military journals of General Tacticus, who's intelligent campaigning had been so successful that he'd lent his very name to the detailed prosecution of martial endeavour, and had actually found a section headed "What To Do If One Army Occupies A Well-Fortified And Superior Ground And The Other Does Not", but since the first sentence read "Endeavour to be the one inside" I'd rather lost heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Sociopsychoactive
    I've been downloading the big one for two days now, on and off thanks to D.A.P, and now it;s got about half an hour left. The server keeps dropping the connection, and then not reconnecting for a while so anyone not using a pausable downloader, I suggest you wait for 3D downloads.

I hope this is worth it.....
    The server is corrently down, but you can continue later. I don't think you will be disapointed when you get it (I hope).

3 days now.

Forum Administrator Forum Administrator Admin's Avatar

Hello,

I'm sorry about the problems Peregrine_Tergiversate. I didn't have time to distribute it to the mirrors right away. While I know I should do it right away: my avialable bandwidth is too small once people start downloading big files en masse from the homeserver. I tried to FTP the light version two days ago, speed was 1.5-3 kbs and it crashed at 50%.

The homeserver has a huge harddrive and can serve a few folks, but that's about it. It has no ECC-ram, no redundany, no dual Xeon, no OC-plenty connection nor any other genuine server power. This server crashes as much as any other normal PC, it was down for 2 minutes and had to be rebooted when you left the workcomputer to download the mod. I strongly recommend to use a downloadmanager when downloading big files from there.

http://www.getright.com/get.html
    http://www.amazesoft.com/
    or checktucows.com for download managers.

These are great tools for any file from any server.

About 13 GB has been downloaded from the server for the past 3 days. I'ld like to get some feedback, so I can try to optimize certain settings/hardware.
    Both the cons and pros please.

-Availability of the server.
    -Ease to find files.
    -Downloadspeed, both peaks and average.
    -Corrupted downloads, but also succesful ones.

Thanks.

trying with getright now, cheers.

thank you.

got it down, got it installed, started playing, loving it.

Page 13 of 48 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast