Page 35 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1415

Thread: Medieval: Total War XL

Default Re: Medieval: Total War XL

ok mate if i find sommething ill post it i dont now how to mod but if i cane help in any way just tell me and ill trye to help mate

Enlightened Despot Member Vladimir's Avatar

I'm kinda curious about how I can tweak faction strengths. When playing XL from early/expert it's a foregone conclusion that the Egyptians will gobble up Byzantium and that the true horde from the East comes from Novgorod. Can this be corrected by changing faction behavior or adding/removing certain units from the roster?

Reinvent the British and you get a global finance center, edible food and better service. Reinvent the French and you may just get more Germans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Maniac From Mars
    How do you motivate your employees? Waterboarding, of course.
    Ik hou van ferme grieten en dikke pinten
    Down with dried flowers!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

One way to easily tweak faction strength is to give many of the weaker factions more florins.

So, pick the faction you want to play and the difficulty, then under that difficulty column give the Byzantiums (and other weak factions) from 10,000 up to 2,000,000 florins and more.

Experiment a little.

Enlightened Despot Member Vladimir's Avatar

I'll try reducing money then. I have no idea how those Novgorods find the funds to support their giant armies. They do seem to have an excellent Royal line though.

Reinvent the British and you get a global finance center, edible food and better service. Reinvent the French and you may just get more Germans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Maniac From Mars
    How do you motivate your employees? Waterboarding, of course.
    Ik hou van ferme grieten en dikke pinten
    Down with dried flowers!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I have a few questions;

1) What factions can Crusade?
    2)How come o lot of the new units arent avaliable in custom battle?

The Pale Horseman Member Galagros's Avatar

I just installed the 2.0 full mod and 2.1 full patch, but the game will not work. When I go to play it I get this on my desktop.

How can I fix this? I have installed and played the 2.0 full mod before, but never the patch. Help would be MUCH appreciated.
    Favorite Authors (At the Moment)
    1. George RR Martin
    2. Bernard Cornwell
    3. Robert Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by Galagros
    I just installed the 2.0 full mod and 2.1 full patch, but the game will not work. When I go to play it I get this on my desktop.

How can I fix this? I have installed and played the 2.0 full mod before, but never the patch. Help would be MUCH appreciated.
    The mod works just fine, so the problem must be something with your installation.

My suggestion is to uninstall the game completely; then reinstall the game and then the mod.

Hmm, yeah that worked. Not sure what happened the first time. *shrug* I started off as the Scots and got destroyed by England on turn 15 or so.

...it wasn't my best moment.

Now I'm on a Normal/High game as the Teutonic Order. It's proving to be difficult because the Golden Horde steamrolled over the Volga Bulgars, Cumans, Russians, and Novgoradians before attacking me. We fought over Lithuania for about 10 years and I just barely avoided being destroyed. I almost quit the campaign, but decidedc I would stick it out. Now I control Livonia, Lithuania, Estonia, Novgorad, Finland, and Prussia? ... I think.

Expanding any further will be very tough and the map is full of larger empires. The Danes had a huge empire going in Scandinavia, Germany, Poland, and England, but they lost a crusade and had a ton of revolts. Sicilly had North Africa, Italy, and the Mediterranian, but soemhow they got reduced to 2 provinces. The Crusader States had all of the Muslim/Byzantine areas, but the king died without an heir and all those places are now rebels. Now the game is the Golden Horde and France expanding very rapidly.
    1. George RR Martin
    2. Bernard Cornwell
    3. Robert Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by Galagros
    Hmm, yeah that worked. Not sure what happened the first time. *shrug* I started off as the Scots and got destroyed by England on turn 15 or so.

...it wasn't my best moment.

Now I'm on a Normal/High game as the Teutonic Order. It's proving to be difficult because the Golden Horde steamrolled over the Volga Bulgars, Cumans, Russians, and Novgoradians before attacking me. We fought over Lithuania for about 10 years and I just barely avoided being destroyed. I almost quit the campaign, but decidedc I would stick it out. Now I control Livonia, Lithuania, Estonia, Novgorad, Finland, and Prussia? ... I think.

Expanding any further will be very tough and the map is full of larger empires. The Danes had a huge empire going in Scandinavia, Germany, Poland, and England, but they lost a crusade and had a ton of revolts. Sicilly had North Africa, Italy, and the Mediterranian, but soemhow they got reduced to 2 provinces. The Crusader States had all of the Muslim/Byzantine areas, but the king died without an heir and all those places are now rebels. Now the game is the Golden Horde and France expanding very rapidly.
    Glad everything worked out.

Yes, the Teutonic Order is a very difficult faction to play. For those players looking for a difficult challenge, this is one of the factions to play.

Some suggestions:

Attacking any large faction at this time may be suicide.

Be patient, turtle a bit and build up your income and strength, and upgrade. Ally with a couple of larger factions, and then let the big boys tackle each other. Then be ready to pick up any scraps they leave in the dust.

vikinghorde i give you somme links maybe it will help you
    http://www.eliznik.org.uk/RomaniaHistory/balkans-map/
    http://www.zum.de/whkmla/histatlas/g.../haxczech.html
    http://www.zum.de/whkmla/histatlas/e...haxpoland.html
    http://www.amarcord.be/georgia/geo1213.html you see on the map there are more little kingdoms like Trabson and more
    http://www.historylink101.com/historical_maps.htm
    http://www.fordham.edu/halsall/sbook.html
    http://www.rzuser.uni-heidelberg.de/...tiry/his4.html this is about georgian
    well mate i hope this is helping let me now if i cane do sommething more

Thanks for the advice. I may go back and play it some more sometime, but last night I started a new game as the Bulgarians and I must say, it's turning out to be one of my most fun games over the past 3-4 years that I've had to game. Everything is going good, but not too good that I'm having an easy time. If only I had killed my original kings first son before he took over!
    1. George RR Martin
    2. Bernard Cornwell
    3. Robert Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by VikingHorde
    @axel
    I have not gotten enogth info from players yet, so it will be some time before it is released. Only a few minor stuff has been reported and im still getting info about changes needed to make the mod more historical correct.
    Hi VikingHorde!

I have read that you are working on a new patch. I can help you to do the XL Mod more historical correct. I have a load of information about several factions of the game because I have been collaborating with WesW in his MedMod. If you are interested I also can collaborate with you. I'm looking up some information in the Google Book Search and in the Wikipedia about the Russians now.

I enjoy playing your XL Mod and even tried to emulate your info pics, but the graphic design is not my strong point.

cool Belisario i would help to but i dont now how to mod but i posted somme links maybe they help and if i cane do somme thing to let me now mate`s

@Shaun
    All the original crusading factions plus the danes and hungarians can crusade.

@axel
    Thanks for the links, I will check them out and see what I can find

@Belisario
    Thanks Belisario, some help would be cool. At the .com some guys have been working on provinces, so that factions have the correct ones at the start of the era's. Im only changing the small stuff right now, so I will not change units or the map. The other easy stuff like names, province ownership ect. can change. .

MTW XL version 3.0 out now! Get it here:
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=31201

ok mate i hope it will help ill be searching for more mate

Hi vikinghorde i whase wondering i read a book about the crusade and they where talking about the orde of Calatrava this whase a crusade from spain against the berbers and the moors (Almoravids and almohads) somme kind of special force from spain ??? did you ever hear this and if so maybe its somme thing for the update ??

@Belisario
    Thanks Belisario, some help would be cool. At the .com some guys have been working on provinces, so that factions have the correct ones at the start of the era's. Im only changing the small stuff right now, so I will not change units or the map. The other easy stuff like names, province ownership ect. can change. .
    Hi VikingHorde!

It's a pleasure to work in your XLMod. I have prepared this list of Hungarian heroes that you can insert in the game. Other guys can use it as a model for his contributions. I would rather send you the next works via e-mail. If you agree send me a private message, please.

FAMOUS_HEROES:: FN_HUNGARIAN 20
    //hero name date, c, d, p, a, l, v, TYPE ID_REGION PORTRAIT
    "Prince", "Álmos", 1070, 3, 5, 3, 2, 1, captured2, GENERAL, ID_LIMBO, -1 //Prince Álmos (b?, d1129): Hungarian prince, he was "Herceg" (duke) of Slavonia (eastern Croatia) and Nitria (northern-west Hungary). After King László I's death, he and his brother Kálmán were competing for the throne, and finally Kálmán won. He organised plots against King Kálmán, but in 1115 he was blinded and imprisoned. His son, Béla II, became king of Hungary.
    "Mihály", "Milványi", 1190, 4, 3, 4, 1, 6, mightywarrior1, GENERAL, ID_LIMBO, -1 //Mihály Milványi (b?, d?): Military commander of King András II from 1225. He performed several heroic deeds against the Mongol agressors in 1241. King Béla IV rewarded him for his braveness.
    "Palatin", "Dénes", 1200, 3, 3, 6, 3, 8, courageous1, GENERAL, ID_LIMBO, -1 //Palatin Dénes (b?, d1241): He was "Nádorispán" (palatin, chief minister) during the Mongol invasion (1241-2). In March 1241, he defended the Carpathian passes but the Mongols destroyed his troops. He survived the battle, and fought at the Battle of Mohi (April 1241). Dénes put on King Béla IV's clothes and rode against the Mongols at the head of the bodyguard. The king managed to slip through, but his brave Palatin died that day.
    "Jakab", "Csesznegi", 1220, 3, 2, 3, 2, 6, builder1, GENERAL, ID_LIMBO, -1 //Jakab Csesznegi (b?, d?): Military commander of King Béla IV. He was "Ispán" (bailiff) in the north-west of Hungary (modern Slovakia). He constructed some castles.
    "Pál", "Subics", 1245, 4, 2, 4, 4, 5, numerate1, GENERAL, ID_LIMBO, -1 //Pál Subics (b ca 1245, d1312): Member of the Croatian clan Subics, he was "Ban" (governor) of Croatia between 1272-1312. He asserted control over large parts of Dalmatia, Slavonia and Bosnia. He minted his own money, and he supported King Károly I in the fight for the Hungarian throne (1301-8).
    "Amádé", "Aba", 1250, 3, 2, 3, 3, 5, loyal1, GENERAL, ID_LIMBO, -1 //Amádé Aba (b?, d1311): Member of the Aba clan, governor of northern-east Hungary. He was "Nádorispán" (palatin, chief minister) from 1293. From 1304 till his death he was Károly I's supporter. His power extended over several counties. In 1311 he was murdered in the course of a siege.
    "Máté", "Csák", 1260, 3, 5, 1, 4, 1, defender2, GENERAL, ID_LIMBO, -1 //Máté Csák (b1260/5, d1321): Very rich and influential magnate, member of the Csák clan. He was "Nádorispán" (palatin, chief minister) and "Tárnok" (royal treasurer). He turned against King András III and against the pretender to the Hungarian throne, Vencel of Bohemia. In 1308 he accepted Károly I as king, but in 1311 he rebelled, and so he was excommunicated and declared disloyal. However, the king hadn't success against him. His power expanded over 14 counties in the north-west of Hungary (modern Slovakia), which was called Mátyusföld.
    "László", "Kán", 1270, 4, 4, 1, 2, 5, merciful1, GENERAL, ID_LIMBO, -1 //László Kán (b?, d1315): Powerful Transylvanian voivode between 1297-1315. In 1307 he captured the pretender to the Hungarian throne, Ottó of Bavaria, and kept the Holy Crown with himself, so he was excommunicated. After a short time, he liberated Ottó, who returned to Bavaria. He gave the Holy Crown back in 1310. Till his death in 1315 he didn't turn against King Károly I.
    "Demeter", "Nekcsei", 1290, 2, 1, 5, 5, 7, numerate3, GENERAL, ID_LIMBO, -1 //Demeter Nekcsei (b?, d1338): Member of the Aba clan, he was the "Tárnok" (royal treasurer) of Károly I between 1315-38. The king's successful economic policy was attributed to him. He founded a monastery, and he ordered the beautiful codex known as "Demeter Nekcsei's Bible".
    "Miklós", "Toldi", 1320, 4, 4, 5, 2, 6, captured1, GENERAL, ID_LIMBO, -1 //Miklós Toldi (b1320, d1390): Hungarian hero, he was King Lajos I's knight and had an adventurous life. He served as "Ispán" (bailiff) and captain in several towns. Between 1363-4 he led the army sent by Lajos I to help Pope Urban V in Italy. He became a mercenary soldier there. In 1365 he was captured, then he returned to Hungary. His adventures were preserved by folk traditions as "Toldi legend".
    "Benedek", "Himfi", 1325, 3, 1, 5, 5, 7, smarttalker1, GENERAL, ID_LIMBO, -1 //Benedek Himfi (b?, d1380): Court knight from 1347, he became King Lajos I's favourite man. He spend the majority of his life on the battlefields of his King's campaigns (in 1376 he led an army against Venice) and performed diplomatic duties (for example, at the Papal court of Avignon). He was the "Ispán" (bailiff) of strategically important counties from 1352 to 1380. He must have been a pious and a literate man.
    "Miklós", "Garai", 1360, 3, 4, 4, 3, 7, loyal3, GENERAL, ID_LIMBO, -1 //Miklós Garai (b?, d?): He was one of the saviours of King Zsigmond's life at the battle of Nicopolis (1396). Zsigmond appointed him to the post of "Nádorispán" (palatin, chief minister) in 1402. He was one of the main Hungarian supporters of Zsigmond, who later became Holy Roman Emperor.
    "Herman", "Cillei", 1365, 3, 3, 5, 3, 6, zealot2, GENERAL, ID_LIMBO, -1 //Herman Cillei (b ca 1365, d1435): Count of Cilli, "Ban" (governor) of Croatia and Slavonia. In 1396 he, a soldier in King Zsigmond's crusade against the Ottomans, saved Zsigmond's life at the battle of Nicopolis. In 1408, his daughter married Zsigmond, who later became Holy Roman Emperor.
    "Lorinc", "Tar", 1370, 2, 1, 6, 3, 6, pious2, GENERAL, ID_LIMBO, -1 //Lorinc Tar (b1370, d?): Member of the Rátót clan, he was King Zsigmond's knight, whose life was rather adventurous. He was "Ispán" (bailiff), and he had offices at the royal court. He visited the West many times on the side of King Zsigmond. Between 1409-11 he visited Ireland. There, he visited St Patrick's purgatory, a sulphurous cave, which was considered the entrance of Hell by medieval pilgrims. His experiences and visions were recorded in the Hungarian folk tradition as "Lorinc Tar's visit to Hell".
    "János", "Hunyadi", 1387, 5, 4, 5, 3, 7, mightywarrior3, GENERAL, ID_LIMBO, -1 //János Hunyadi (b ca 1387, d1456): Hungarian hero of Vlach origin, he was Captain-General of Belgrade, Voivode of Transylvania, and regent of Hungary between 1444-56. He began life as a professional mercenary soldier, but he showed such talent that ascended to high commands. In 1442 he defeated an Ottoman army in Transylvania. Between 1443-4 he undertook offensive campaigns in the Balkans, but was defeated by the Ottomans in Varna. His major achievement came in 1456, when he so heavily routed an Ottoman army which was besieging Belgrade. His son, Mátyás Corvinus, became King of Hungary in 1458.
    "Mihály", "Szilágyi", 1400, 3, 3, 5, 3, 7, defender2, GENERAL, ID_LIMBO, -1 //Mihály Szilágyi (b?, d?): Brother-in-law of János Hunyadi, he was in charge of the Belgrade's fortress while Hunyadi proceeded to form a relief army to break the Ottoman siege (1456). In 1458 he organised the small nobles to proclaimed Hunyadi's son, Mátyás Corvinus, as Hungarian king.
    "Paulus", "Hungarus", 1195, 1, 3, 7, 4, 5, no_v, INQUISITOR, ID_LIMBO, -1 //Paulus Hungarus (b?, d1241): Dominican friar, he settled down the Dominican order in Hungary. He tried to convert the Cumans, but in 1241 he died as a martyr during the Mongol invasion.
    "Archbishop", "Lodomér", 1240, 1, 1, 6, 7, 5, no_v, BISHOP, ID_LIMBO, -1 //Archbishop Lodomér (b?, d1298): Archbishop of Esztergom between 1278-98. Educated man, he objected to King László IV's government measures. He supported King András III on the throne and renovated the political system.
    "Simon", "Kézai", 1255, 1, 1, 4, 7, 8, no_v, EMISSARY, ID_LIMBO, -1 //Simon Kézai (b?, d?): King László IV's loyal court priest. He wrote the historical work, "Gesta Hungarorum". He studied in Italy, and visited France, Germany and Sicily as a member of diplomatic delegations.
    "Bálint", "Alsáni", 1340, 1, 1, 6, 6, 7, no_v, CARDINAL, ID_LIMBO, -1 //Bálint Alsáni (b?, d?): Cardinal, Chancellor, Bishop of Pécs between 1374-1408. He was also a diplomat, he participated in the Turin peace treaties with Venice in 1381.

//Heroes
    ["Prince"] {"Prince"}
    ["Álmos"] {"Álmos"}
    ["Mihály"] {"Mihály"}
    ["Milványi"] {"Milványi"}
    ["Palatin"] {"Palatin"}
    ["Dénes"] {"Dénes"}
    ["Jakab"] {"Jakab"}
    ["Csesznegi"] {"Csesznegi"}
    ["Pál"] {"Pál"}
    ["Subics"] {"Subics"}
    ["Amádé"] {"Amádé"}
    ["Aba"] {"Aba"}
    ["Máté"] {"Máté"}
    ["Csák"] {"Csák"}
    ["László"] {"László"}
    ["Kán"] {"Kán"}
    ["Demeter"] {"Demeter"}
    ["Nekcsei"] {"Nekcsei"}
    ["Miklós"] {"Miklós"}
    ["Toldi"] {"Toldi"}
    ["Benedek"] {"Benedek"}
    ["Himfi"] {"Himfi"}
    ["Miklós"] {"Miklós"}
    ["Garai"] {"Garai"}
    ["Herman"] {"Herman"}
    ["Cillei"] {"Cillei"}
    ["Lorinc"] {"Lorinc"}
    ["Tar"] {"Tar"}
    ["János"] {"János"}
    ["Hunyadi"] {"Hunyadi"}
    ["Mihály"] {"Mihály"}
    ["Szilágyi"] {"Szilágyi"}
    ["Paulus"] {"Paulus"}
    ["Hungarus"] {"Hungarus"}
    ["Archbishop"] {"Archbishop"}
    ["Lodomér"] {"Lodomér"}
    ["Simon"] {"Simon"}
    ["Kézai"] {"Kézai"}
    ["Bálint"] {"Bálint"}
    ["Alsáni"] {"Alsáni"}

I post here a reworked list of Hungarian kings and a more accurate listing of Hungarian names. I also accompany it with the SetStartLeader for each period. I hope that this make your workload lighter.

FAMOUS_KINGS:: FN_HUNGARIAN 12
    //name no. c d p a portrait vnv
    1, 1, 4, 4, 5, 4, -1, pious4 //László I (1077-1095), called "Szent" (the Saint): A heroic and popular figure, he fought many battles against the eastern pagan invaders (Cumans, Pechenegs). To counter this eastern danger, he encouraged the total Hungarian settlement of the unpopulated portion of Transylvania by founding two bishoprics there and granting privileges to the frontier settlers, the Szekelys. He reestablished internal order and incorporated Slavonia and Croatia as autonomous provinces. At a Hungarian Church Council (in 1083) he decreed the canonization of Saint Stephen and Saint Imre.
    3, 1, 3, 5, 5, 5, -1, educated2 //Kálmán I (1096-1116), called "Könyves" (Booklover, or the Wise): After László I's death his nephews Kálmán and Álmos were competing for the throne. Finally Kálmán ascended to the throne. Kálmán was a wise ruler who modernized the country's laws, reformed the structure of the army and founded the bishopric of Nyitra. He reestablished Hungarian superiority in Croatia, and he occupied a certain part of Dalmatia. Sometimes his brother Álmos organized plots against him, who initially was very patient, but finally Kálmán lost his temper and had Álmos and his young son, Béla blinded (1115).
    2, 2, 2, 6, 3, 3, -1, secret_prisoner_killer4 //Béla II (1131-1141), called "Vak" (the Blind): Son of prince Álmos. As king István II (1116-31) did not have any heirs, Béla was crowned as king. Instead of the blind ruler, his wife, the Serbian Ilona governed the country. Béla and Ilona had their political enemies slaughtered on two occasions: first the dignitaries supporting king Kálmán, who were suspected of participating in the Béla's blinding, then the supporters of a usurper, who called himself Boris and claimed that he was king Kálmán's son. He was the first Hungarian king bearing the title of "King of Rama", signifying power over Bosnia.
    5, 3, 1, 5, 3, 1, -1, defender1 //István III (1162-1172): Son of Géza II (1141-62), he had to fight against the Byzantine emperor Manuel I Komnenos, who supported his rival uncles and managed to make them kings for a short time: László II (1162-3) and István IV (1163). The battle of Székesfehérvár put an end to the reign of the latter one, and brought the victory of István III's army. After taking back his country he continued his wars against Byzantium, when finally his troops suffered a defeat at Zimony in 1167.
    2, 3, 3, 4, 4, 6, -1, farmerking2 //Béla III (1172-1196): Son of Géza II (1141-62), he was educated in Byzantium by Manuel I Komnenos, who had thought about him as his possible successor. Later however, Manuel got a son, and Béla succeeded his brother, king István III, under the influence of Manuel. He had a splendid castle built in Esztergom, reformed the financial system of the country, founded several monasteries, and canonised king László I in 1192. After emperor Manuel's death (1180), he reoccupied Dalmatia and started to conduct an aggresive foreign policy. He managed to conquer the neighbouring Rus'ian principality of Halych for a short period of time.
    0, 2, 4, 3, 4, 2, -1, zealot1 //András II (1205-1235): Son of Béla III. Valiant, enterprising and pious, but excessively generous with the nobility. Under his rule took place fights between the higher and lower gentry and the church. As a result, he issued a charter of rights, called the "Golden Bull", in 1222. He initiated many military campaings to occupy the Rus'ian principality of Halych, launched a crusade to the Holy Land in 1217-8, settled down the Teutonic Knights in southern Transylvania in 1211 (but he expelled them in 1225), and strengthened the Hungarian position in the Danube.
    2, 4, 3, 3, 4, 4, -1, defender1 //Béla IV (1235-1270): Son of András II, he tried to reestablish royal preeminence by reacquiring lost crown lands. His efforts, however, created a deep rift between the crown and the magnates just as the Mongols were sweeping toward Europe. Aware of the danger, he ordered the magnates and lesser nobles to mobilize. Few responded, and the Mongols routed Béla's army at the Battle of Mohi (1241) and devastated Hungary. The Mongols withdrew in 1242 and he started the rebuilding of the country, including a massive building campaign which produced a defensive system of castles. He also invited Cuman and German settlers to settle in the depopulated territories.
    5, 5, 3, 5, 1, 1, -1, secret_envy2 //István V (1270-1272): Son of Béla IV. Ambitious, restless and violent, he convinced his father to give him the eastern part of Hungary (1262); hence the country was virtually divided into two kingdoms. István defeated his father in the ensuing civil war. He was married with a Cuman princess, and his adversaries, especially Otakar II of Bohemia, believed that he was too great a friend of the Cumans to be a true Catholic. Otakar tried to conquer the western provinces of Hungary but he was routed by István in 1271.
    1, 4, 3, 5, 2, 1, -1, anger2 //László IV (1272-1290), called "Kun" (the Cuman): Son of István V, during his minority the real power fell into the hands of rival baron groups. He was declared to be of full age in 1277, and temporarily stabilised the position of central power with the help of the Church. In the fight between Otakar II of Bohemia and Rudolf I von Habsburg, László supported Rudolf, and in 1278 they fought together in the battle of Dürnkrut and defeated Otakar's army. The conflict with the Cumans put an end to László's experiments for consolidation. In 1290 he was murdered by them.
    0, 3, 3, 4, 4, 3, -1, right_hand_man1 //András III (1290-1301): After László IV's death, he, an Árpád from Italy, was made king. Although he had to fight against his barons almost every year of his reign, the reconstruction of the system of government, led by the archbishop Lodomér, brought succesful results. By 1300 the barons were slowly forced to surrender, but this consolidation stopped when the king died in 1301. The Árpad dynasty became extinct with his death.
    6, 1, 4, 3, 3, 4, -1, good_manager1 //Károly I (1308-1342), also called Károly Róbert: First Hungarian king from the Angevin dynasty. He restored royal authority, reformed the whole fiscal system, stimulated town's growth, encouraged trade and imposed taxes to support his army. He achieved a mutual defense union with Poland against the Habsburgs and the Bohemians. He also managed to expand his kingdom southward, but the adverse effect was an anti-Hungarian reaction. In 1330 the Wallachian prince Basarab destroyed Károly's army.
    7, 1, 5, 3, 5, 3, -1, mightywarrior2 //Lajos I (1342-1382), called "Nagy" (the Great): Son of Károly I, he became one of the greatest kings of Hungary. The Ban of Bosnia and the Voivodes of Wallachia and Moldavia acknowledged him as their suzerain, as did, for shorter periods, the rulers of Serbia, northern Bulgaria and, for a few years, Venice. The climax of Lajos's glory came in 1370, when, by virtue of a dynastic pact concluded in 1354 with his uncle Kazimierz III, he ascended the Polish throne. At home, he confirmed the "Golden Bull" (1351), gaining the support of the nobility. He liked warfare, tournaments and hunts, and he was deeply religious.

//SetStartLeader:: FN_HUNGARIAN 0 8 1 1 1 0 1 1 0 0 //Early Startpos
    //SetStartLeader:: FN_HUNGARIAN 5 8 2 3 3 1 2 4 0 0 //High Startpos
    //SetStartLeader:: FN_HUNGARIAN 10 8 3 4 4 1 2 5 1 0 //Late Startpos

// 17: Hungarian_forenames
    ADD_FORENAMES::
    "András"
    "László"
    "Béla"
    "Kálmán"
    "Géza"
    "István"
    "Károly"
    "Lajos"

"Adorján"
    "Ajtony"
    "Ákos"
    "Álmos"
    "Amádé"
    "Ambrus"
    "András"
    "Antal"
    "Balázs"
    "Bálint"
    "Béla"
    "Benedek"
    "Bertalan"
    "Boldizsár"
    "Demeter"
    "Dénes"
    "Domonkos"
    "Fábián"
    "Felician"
    "Ferenc"
    "Gellért"
    "Gergely"
    "Géza"
    "György"
    "Gyula"
    "Herman"
    "Imre"
    "István"
    "Jakab"
    "János"
    "Kálmán"
    "Károly"
    "Kázmér"
    "Koppány"
    "Kötöny"
    "Lajos"
    "László"
    "Lodomér"
    "Lorinc"
    "Lukács"
    "Márton"
    "Máté"
    "Mátyás"
    "Mihály"
    "Miklós"
    "Ottó"
    "Pál"
    "Péter"
    "Róbert"
    "Salamon"
    "Sámuel"
    "Sebestyén"
    "Simon"
    "Taksony"
    "Tamás"
    "Ugrin"
    "Vajk"
    "Vászoly"
    "Vazul"
    "Vencel"
    "Zoltán"
    "Zsigmond"

// 15: Hungarian_surnames
    ADD_SURNAMES::
    "Árpád"
    "Aba"
    "Alsáni"
    "Babonics"
    "Bakócz"
    "Báthory"
    "Bicskei"
    "Bocskai"
    "Borsa"
    "Cillei"
    "Csák"
    "Csesznegi"
    "Dózsa"
    "Drági"
    "Eszes"
    "Fehér"
    "Fodor"
    "Frangepán"
    "Garai"
    "Gerényi"
    "Gyori"
    "Hásságyi"
    "Héder"
    "Hideg"
    "Himfi"
    "Homonnai"
    "Horvát"
    "Hunyadi"
    "Ilosvai"
    "Kán"
    "Kanizsai"
    "Kétyi"
    "Kézai"
    "Könyves"
    "Koszegi"
    "Kovács"
    "Küküllei"
    "Kun"
    "Lackfi"
    "Lengyel"
    "Melles"
    "Milványi"
    "Molnár"
    "Nádasdy"
    "Nagy"
    "Nagymartoni"
    "Német"
    "Németújvári"
    "Oláh"
    "Pap"
    "Pok"
    "Rácz"
    "Rád"
    "Rákóczi"
    "Rátót"
    "Selymes"
    "Subics"
    "Szapolyai"
    "Szász"
    "Székely"
    "Szepesi"
    "Szigeti"
    "Szilágyi"
    "Tar"
    "Thököly"
    "Thuróczy"
    "Tinódi"
    "Toldi"
    "Tót"
    "Tótsolymosi"
    "Trencsényi"
    "Uzsai"
    "Vadas"
    "Vak"
    "Werböczi"
    "Záh"
    "Zrínyi"

// Hungarian_forenames
    ["Adorján"] {"Adorján"}
    ["Ajtony"] {"Ajtony"}
    ["Ákos"] {"Ákos"}
    ["Álmos"] {"Álmos"}
    ["Amádé"] {"Amádé"}
    ["Ambrus"] {"Ambrus"}
    ["András"] {"András"}
    ["Antal"] {"Antal"}
    ["Balázs"] {"Balázs"}
    ["Bálint"] {"Bálint"}
    ["Béla"] {"Béla"}
    ["Benedek"] {"Benedek"}
    ["Bertalan"] {"Bertalan"}
    ["Boldizsár"] {"Boldizsár"}
    ["Demeter"] {"Demeter"}
    ["Dénes"] {"Dénes"}
    ["Domonkos"] {"Domonkos"}
    ["Fábián"] {"Fábián"}
    ["Felician"] {"Felician"}
    ["Ferenc"] {"Ferenc"}
    ["Gellért"] {"Gellért"}
    ["Gergely"] {"Gergely"}
    ["Géza"] {"Géza"}
    ["György"] {"György"}
    ["Gyula"] {"Gyula"}
    ["Herman"] {"Herman"}
    ["Imre"] {"Imre"}
    ["István"] {"István"}
    ["Jakab"] {"Jakab"}
    ["János"] {"János"}
    ["Kálmán"] {"Kálmán"}
    ["Károly"] {"Károly"}
    ["Kázmér"] {"Kázmér"}
    ["Koppány"] {"Koppány"}
    ["Kötöny"] {"Kötöny"}
    ["Lajos"] {"Lajos"}
    ["László"] {"László"}
    ["Lodomér"] {"Lodomér"}
    ["Lorinc"] {"Lorinc"}
    ["Lukács"] {"Lukács"}
    ["Márton"] {"Márton"}
    ["Máté"] {"Máté"}
    ["Mátyás"] {"Mátyás"}
    ["Mihály"] {"Mihály"}
    ["Miklós"] {"Miklós"}
    ["Ottó"] {"Ottó"}
    ["Pál"] {"Pál"}
    ["Péter"] {"Péter"}
    ["Róbert"] {"Róbert"}
    ["Salamon"] {"Salamon"}
    ["Sámuel"] {"Sámuel"}
    ["Sebestyén"] {"Sebestyén"}
    ["Simon"] {"Simon"}
    ["Taksony"] {"Taksony"}
    ["Tamás"] {"Tamás"}
    ["Ugrin"] {"Ugrin"}
    ["Vajk"] {"Vajk"}
    ["Vászoly"] {"Vászoly"}
    ["Vazul"] {"Vazul"}
    ["Vencel"] {"Vencel"}
    ["Zoltán"] {"Zoltán"}
    ["Zsigmond"] {"Zsigmond"}

// Hungarian_surnames
    ["Árpád"] {"Árpád"}
    ["Aba"] {"Aba"}
    ["Alsáni"] {"Alsáni"}
    ["Babonics"] {"Babonics"}
    ["Bakócz"] {"Bakócz"}
    ["Báthory"] {"Báthory"}
    ["Bicskei"] {"Bicskei"}
    ["Bocskai"] {"Bocskai"}
    ["Borsa"] {"Borsa"}
    ["Cillei"] {"Cillei"}
    ["Csák"] {"Csák"}
    ["Csesznegi"] {"Csesznegi"}
    ["Dózsa"] {"Dózsa"}
    ["Drági"] {"Drági"}
    ["Eszes"] {"Eszes"}
    ["Fehér"] {"Fehér"}
    ["Fodor"] {"Fodor"}
    ["Frangepán"] {"Frangepán"}
    ["Garai"] {"Garai"}
    ["Gerényi"] {"Gerényi"}
    ["Gyori"] {"Gyori"}
    ["Hásságyi"] {"Hásságyi"}
    ["Héder"] {"Héder"}
    ["Hideg"] {"Hideg"}
    ["Himfi"] {"Himfi"}
    ["Homonnai"] {"Homonnai"}
    ["Horvát"] {"Horvát"}
    ["Hunyadi"] {"Hunyadi"}
    ["Ilosvai"] {"Ilosvai"}
    ["Kán"] {"Kán"}
    ["Kanizsai"] {"Kanizsai"}
    ["Kétyi"] {"Kétyi"}
    ["Kézai"] {"Kézai"}
    ["Könyves"] {"Könyves"}
    ["Koszegi"] {"Koszegi"}
    ["Kovács"] {"Kovács"}
    ["Küküllei"] {"Küküllei"}
    ["Kun"] {"Kun"}
    ["Lackfi"] {"Lackfi"}
    ["Lengyel"] {"Lengyel"}
    ["Melles"] {"Melles"}
    ["Milványi"] {"Milványi"}
    ["Molnár"] {"Molnár"}
    ["Nádasdy"] {"Nádasdy"}
    ["Nagy"] {"Nagy"}
    ["Nagymartoni"] {"Nagymartoni"}
    ["Német"] {"Német"}
    ["Németújvári"] {"Németújvári"}
    ["Oláh"] {"Oláh"}
    ["Pap"] {"Pap"}
    ["Pok"] {"Pok"}
    ["Rácz"] {"Rácz"}
    ["Rád"] {"Rád"}
    ["Rákóczi"] {"Rákóczi"}
    ["Rátót"] {"Rátót"}
    ["Selymes"] {"Selymes"}
    ["Subics"] {"Subics"}
    ["Szapolyai"] {"Szapolyai"}
    ["Szász"] {"Szász"}
    ["Székely"] {"Székely"}
    ["Szepesi"] {"Szepesi"}
    ["Szigeti"] {"Szigeti"}
    ["Szilágyi"] {"Szilágyi"}
    ["Tar"] {"Tar"}
    ["Thököly"] {"Thököly"}
    ["Thuróczy"] {"Thuróczy"}
    ["Tinódi"] {"Tinódi"}
    ["Toldi"] {"Toldi"}
    ["Tót"] {"Tót"}
    ["Tótsolymosi"] {"Tótsolymosi"}
    ["Trencsényi"] {"Trencsényi"}
    ["Uzsai"] {"Uzsai"}
    ["Vadas"] {"Vadas"}
    ["Vak"] {"Vak"}
    ["Werböczi"] {"Werböczi"}
    ["Záh"] {"Záh"}
    ["Zrínyi"] {"Zrínyi"}

Quote Originally Posted by axel
    Hi vikinghorde i whase wondering i read a book about the crusade and they where talking about the orde of Calatrava this whase a crusade from spain against the berbers and the moors (Almoravids and almohads) somme kind of special force from spain ??? did you ever hear this and if so maybe its somme thing for the update ??
    Hi Axel! This is a short description of the Knights of Calatrava. You can find more information in the Wikipedia and other web sites.

Military order of Calatrava: A branch of the Cistercians founded in Castile in the 12th century. The name is derived from that of a castle recovered from the Moslems by King Alfonso VII of Castile in 1147. At first it was composed of lay brothers of the monastery of Fitero and subject to Morimond, in Burgundy. The order was defeated by the Almohades at Alarcos in 1195 and then took the name of the new stronghold of Salvatierra which was lost to the Moslems in 1209. Calatrava was reconquered in 1212. In the same year the order took part in the great victory of Las Navas de Tolosa, which broke the Moslem power. The name of Calatrava was resumed by the order and Calatrava la Nueva made its headquarters. Two new orders, Alcantara in Leon, and Aviz in Portugal, were founded. The last independent grand master was Lopez de Padilla (1482-1487) who fought with distinction in the last Moorish War (the war of Granada). In 1487 Fernando of Aragon by a papal Bull obtained administrative authority.

Cool Belisario thx mate now i understand becose you dont hear a lot of orde of Calatrava you hear more about the crusades about middle east thx mate ill be looking on wikipeda

@axel
    I have new heard of orde of Calatrava, but I don't think I can add any more orders to the game. There are not any more space for new units, so we have to do with the old crusaders. Cool stuff though

@Belisario
    Thanks for the info, it must had been hard work getting it . It should not be to hard to add the new stuff to the game

cool mate if see somme new ill post it here any thing to help mate

Master of Puppets Member bretwalda's Avatar
    Budapest, Hungary, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Little White Marble

@Belisario
    Great, excellent work! I wish to see it in the next release of XL Mod!

@VH
    Please, if you could include those Hungarian details to your next release! They are accurate and very good, as well.
    This space is for sale. Anybody wanting to advertise little blue pills, pumping body parts or financial services that cost you a fortune may do it here for a small fee instead of packing my mailbox. Thank you.
    ----------------------------------
    Awright, here is the all_can_crusade_mod. This is v2.
    Magyarország

@Belisario
    Thanks for the info, it must had been hard work getting it . It should not be to hard to add the new stuff to the game
    Hi VikingHorde!

I have read your message and I will send you soon my "experiments" with the info pics. My new work is about your people, the Danes. I dare to rework the current listing of Danish forenames and surnames. Excuse me if I have make some mistake.

FAMOUS_KINGS:: FN_DANISH 10
    //name no. c d p a portrait vnv
    0, 1, 3, 4, 3, 3, -1, captured1 //Oluf I Hunger ("Hunger"; 1086-95): He was took prisoner by his brother, king Knud IV the Holy (1080-86), who found him deeply involved in high treason. In 1086 Knud was murdered, and Oluf was released from prison to succeed his brother as king. During his reign there was a failure of crops, and some blamed him for the famine.
    1, 1, 4, 4, 4, 4, -1, fearsome1 //Erik I Ejegod ("Evergood"; 1095-1103): Charismatic ruler, he appealed to the common people. Under his reign, Scandinavia was recognized in 1103 as an archbishopric with a see at Lund (Scania). He died at Cyprus during a pilgrimage to Jerusalem.
    1, 2, 3, 6, 3, 3, -1, secret_paranoiac4 //Erik II Emune ("the Memorable"; 1134-37): He ascended to the throne after defeating his uncle, king Niels (1104-34), at Fodevig (Scania). A harsh and unpopular ruler, he was killed by a nobleman.
    3, 3, 2, 6, 3, 3, -1, envy //Svend III Grathe (1146-57): At the abdication of Erik III (1137-46) he was elected king on Zealand, and his rival Knud V ruled in Jutland. His position was soon undermined by his tyranny and pro-German policy. In 1154 he was overthrown by Knud V and Valdemar I, but in 1157 he was able to force a tripartition of the kingdom. At a banquet at Roskilde he tried to rid himself of his two co-rulers. Knud V was killed, but Valdemar I escaped to Jutland. Soon afterward he was finally defeated by Valdemar I at Grathe Heath.
    5, 1, 4, 5, 3, 4, -1, mightywarrior2 //Valdemar I den Store ("the Great"; 1157-82): He put an end to several years of civil war, and confronted the Wend (Slav) threat to Danish shipping and coasts. He became a vassal of Holy Roman Emperor Friedrich I, but was later powerful enough to free himself from that control. He extended his realm, codified the laws, and gained church approval for hereditary rule by his dynasty, the Valdemars.
    5, 2, 4, 4, 3, 3, -1, attacker2 //Valdemar II Sejr ("the Victorious"; 1202-41): He extended Danish control over north German states, and conquered Estonia in 1219, marking the culmination of Danish rule over the Baltic. In 1223 he was taken prisoner by one of his north German vassals but bought his freedom in 1225, promising to give up all the conquered areas except Estonia and Rügen. A final attempt to win back the lost areas led to his defeat at Bornhöved (1227). In his later years he worked to unify Denmark's legal and administrative systems.
    1, 5, 2, 3, 3, 3, -1, envy //Erik V Glipping (1259-86): Until 1264 he ruled under the auspices of his mother, the competent queen Margrete Sambiria, and between 1261-62 he was a prisoner in Holstein after a military defeat. He tried to enforce royal power over church and nobility, but in 1282 he was forced to sign a coronation charter, in which he agreed to assemble the Danish court each year. He was murdered in 1286.
    1, 6, 4, 5, 2, 1, -1, tyrant2 //Erik VI Menved (1286-1319): He brought the restive prelates to heel and maintained a strong royal power. He also began a expansionist policy in Northern Germany. However, the long wars greatly weakened the economy and aroused opposition to his rule. At his death in 1319 the finances were chaotic and large parts of Denmark were mortgaged to German and Danish magnates.
    7, 2, 3, 4, 3, 3, -1, tyrant1 //Christoffer II (1320-26, 1329-32): He received a mortgaged Denmark to German and Danish magnates, and was forced to sign a strict coronation charter. He did not abide by the charter, however, and he was driven into exile after a battle with the Danish magnates and the German count Gerhard III of Holstein. For a time (1326-30), the young duke of South Jutland, Valdemar III, ruled under the regency of the count of Holstein. After Christoffer's return, the kingdom was split by a peasant uprising, church discord, and the struggle with the Holsteiners, who received all of the country in pawn (1332-40); Scania rebelled and came under Swedish rule.
    5, 4, 4, 4, 3, 4, -1, attacker2 //Valdemar IV Atterdag (1340-75): He became king of a pawned Denmark, but his talent and military ability enabled him to reunite his kingdom. Initially his territory was limited to North Jutland, but he gradually reacquired the rest of Jutland and Zealand, and captured Scania in 1360. He also led an aggressive foreign policy, and in 1361 conquered the island of Gotland. However, the resulting conflict with the Hanseatic League, Sweden and Holstein ended in a Danish defeat, and in 1370 he was forced to submit to the Treaty of Stralsund. At home, he strengthened royal power, attacked major economic problems, and reorganized the army.

//SetStartLeader:: FN_DANISH 0 8 1 0 0 2 4 0 0 0 //Early Startpos
    //SetStartLeader:: FN_DANISH 5 8 2 3 1 3 6 2 0 0 //High Startpos
    //SetStartLeader:: FN_DANISH 8 8 2 6 1 3 6 2 1 2 //Late Startpos

// 2: Danish_forenames
    ADD_FORENAMES::
    "Oluf"
    "Erik"
    "Niels"
    "Svend"
    "Knud"
    "Valdemar"
    "Abel"
    "Christoffer"
    "Anders"
    "Arved"
    "Asser"
    "Axel"
    "Birger"
    "Bo"
    "Christiern"
    "Ebbe"
    "Esbern"
    "Esger"
    "Eskil"
    "Evert"
    "Filip"
    "Gert"
    "Gunner"
    "Hagen"
    "Hans"
    "Harald"
    "Henning"
    "Henrik"
    "Inge"
    "Jakob"
    "Jens"
    "Kaj"
    "Karl"
    "Kjeld"
    "Lars"
    "Mads"
    "Magnus"
    "Morten"
    "Peder"
    "Poul"
    "Ragnvald"
    "Rane"
    "Sakse"
    "Sigurd"
    "Skjalm"
    "Sten"
    "Sune"
    "Søren"
    "Toke"
    "Torben"
    "Torgeir"
    "Torsten"
    "Ulf"
    "Viggo"

// 2: Danish_surnames
    ADD_SURNAMES::
    "Eriksen"
    "Abelsen"
    "Aggesen"
    "Albrektsen"
    "Andersen"
    "Asmundsen"
    "Atterdag"
    "Axelsen"
    "Bengtsen"
    "Blåtand"
    "Bodilsen"
    "Ebbesen"
    "Ejegod"
    "Emune"
    "Erlandsen"
    "Estridsen"
    "Gertsen"
    "Glipping"
    "Grand"
    "Grathe"
    "Gunnersen"
    "Hallandsfar"
    "Haraldsen"
    "Harpestreng"
    "Henriksen"
    "Hunger"
    "Hvide"
    "Jakobsen"
    "Jensen"
    "Jonsen"
    "Kesja"
    "Knudsen"
    "Lavard"
    "Laxmand"
    "Lodehat"
    "Madsen"
    "Menved"
    "Nielsen"
    "Pedersen"
    "Plovpenning"
    "Podebusk"
    "Rig"
    "Sejr"
    "Skåning"
    "Skjalmsen"
    "Snare"
    "Stigsen"
    "Sunesen"
    "Svendsen"
    "Thurgotsen"
    "Torstensen"
    "Trylle"
    "Tveskæg"
    "Ulfsen"

// Danish_forenames
    ["Abel"] {"Abel"}
    ["Anders"] {"Anders"}
    ["Arved"] {"Arved"}
    ["Asser"] {"Asser"}
    ["Axel"] {"Axel"}
    ["Birger"] {"Birger"}
    ["Bo"] {"Bo"}
    ["Christiern"] {"Christiern"}
    ["Christoffer"] {"Christoffer"}
    ["Ebbe"] {"Ebbe"}
    ["Erik"] {"Erik"}
    ["Esbern"] {"Esbern"}
    ["Esger"] {"Esger"}
    ["Eskil"] {"Eskil"}
    ["Evert"] {"Evert"}
    ["Filip"] {"Filip"}
    ["Gert"] {"Gert"}
    ["Gunner"] {"Gunner"}
    ["Hagen"] {"Hagen"}
    ["Hans"] {"Hans"}
    ["Harald"] {"Harald"}
    ["Henning"] {"Henning"}
    ["Henrik"] {"Henrik"}
    ["Inge"] {"Inge"}
    ["Jakob"] {"Jakob"}
    ["Jens"] {"Jens"}
    ["Kaj"] {"Kaj"}
    ["Karl"] {"Karl"}
    ["Kjeld"] {"Kjeld"}
    ["Knud"] {"Knud"}
    ["Lars"] {"Lars"}
    ["Mads"] {"Mads"}
    ["Magnus"] {"Magnus"}
    ["Morten"] {"Morten"}
    ["Niels"] {"Niels"}
    ["Oluf"] {"Oluf"}
    ["Peder"] {"Peder"}
    ["Poul"] {"Poul"}
    ["Ragnvald"] {"Ragnvald"}
    ["Rane"] {"Rane"}
    ["Sakse"] {"Sakse"}
    ["Sigurd"] {"Sigurd"}
    ["Skjalm"] {"Skjalm"}
    ["Sten"] {"Sten"}
    ["Sune"] {"Sune"}
    ["Svend"] {"Svend"}
    ["Søren"] {"Søren"}
    ["Toke"] {"Toke"}
    ["Torben"] {"Torben"}
    ["Torgeir"] {"Torgeir"}
    ["Torsten"] {"Torsten"}
    ["Ulf"] {"Ulf"}
    ["Valdemar"] {"Valdemar"}
    ["Viggo"] {"Viggo"}

// Danish_surnames
    ["Eriksen"] {"Eriksen"}
    ["Abelsen"] {"Abelsen"}
    ["Aggesen"] {"Aggesen"}
    ["Albrektsen"] {"Albrektsen"}
    ["Andersen"] {"Andersen"}
    ["Asmundsen"] {"Asmundsen"}
    ["Atterdag"] {"Atterdag"}
    ["Axelsen"] {"Axelsen"}
    ["Bengtsen"] {"Bengtsen"}
    ["Blåtand"] {"Blåtand"}
    ["Bodilsen"] {"Bodilsen"}
    ["Ebbesen"] {"Ebbesen"}
    ["Ejegod"] {"Ejegod"}
    ["Emune"] {"Emune"}
    ["Erlandsen"] {"Erlandsen"}
    ["Estridsen"] {"Estridsen"}
    ["Gertsen"] {"Gertsen"}
    ["Glipping"] {"Glipping"}
    ["Grand"] {"Grand"}
    ["Grathe"] {"Grathe"}
    ["Gunnersen"] {"Gunnersen"}
    ["Hallandsfar"] {"Hallandsfar"}
    ["Haraldsen"] {"Haraldsen"}
    ["Harpestreng"] {"Harpestreng"}
    ["Henriksen"] {"Henriksen"}
    ["Hunger"] {"Hunger"}
    ["Hvide"] {"Hvide"}
    ["Jakobsen"] {"Jakobsen"}
    ["Jensen"] {"Jensen"}
    ["Jonsen"] {"Jonsen"}
    ["Kesja"] {"Kesja"}
    ["Knudsen"] {"Knudsen"}
    ["Lavard"] {"Lavard"}
    ["Laxmand"] {"Laxmand"}
    ["Lodehat"] {"Lodehat"}
    ["Madsen"] {"Madsen"}
    ["Menved"] {"Menved"}
    ["Nielsen"] {"Nielsen"}
    ["Pedersen"] {"Pedersen"}
    ["Plovpenning"] {"Plovpenning"}
    ["Podebusk"] {"Podebusk"}
    ["Rig"] {"Rig"}
    ["Sejr"] {"Sejr"}
    ["Skåning"] {"Skåning"}
    ["Skjalmsen"] {"Skjalmsen"}
    ["Snare"] {"Snare"}
    ["Stigsen"] {"Stigsen"}
    ["Sunesen"] {"Sunesen"}
    ["Svendsen"] {"Svendsen"}
    ["Thurgotsen"] {"Thurgotsen"}
    ["Torstensen"] {"Torstensen"}
    ["Trylle"] {"Trylle"}
    ["Tveskæg"] {"Tveskæg"}
    ["Ulfsen"] {"Ulfsen"}

FAMOUS_HEROES:: FN_DANISH 20
    //hero name date, c, d, p, a, l, v, TYPE ID_REGION PORTRAIT
    "Skjalm", "Hvide", 1062, 3, 3, 4, 4, 6, farmer1, GENERAL, ID_LIMBO, -1 //Skjalm Hvide (b1062, d1113): Powerful nobleman from Zealand, founder of the Hvide clan. He stood high in the favour of royal power, being entrusted to manage the possessions of the king. Prince Knud Lavard was raised by him.
    "Asser", "Rig", 1080, 3, 2, 4, 4, 6, pious1, GENERAL, ID_LIMBO, -1 //Asser Rig (b1080, d1151): Powerful nobleman from Zealand, son of Skjalm Hvide. King Valdemar I was raised at his court together with Asser's son Absalon. He founded the monastery of Sorø, near Copenhagen.
    "Knud", "Lavard", 1096, 4, 2, 4, 3, 5, charismatic1, GENERAL, ID_LIMBO, -1 //Knud Lavard ("the Protector"; b1096, d1131): Popular prince, son of King Erik I and father of King Valdemar I. He was employed as King Niels's jarl in South Jutland. His success against the Wends (Slavs) on the south coast of the Baltic won him great popularity but also the ill will of the king and his supporters, in particular Niels's son Magnus the Strong, who killed him in 1131, causing a civil war.
    "Magnus", "den Stærke", 1106, 3, 5, 2, 2, 5, envy1, GENERAL, ID_LIMBO, -1 //Magnus den Stærke ("the Strong"; b1106, d1134): Ambitious prince, son of King Niels. He viewed his cousin Knud Lavard as a likely contender for the Danish throne and killed him in 1131. A civil war ensued, and he was killed by Knud's half-brother, King Erik II, at Fodevig (Scania, 1134).
    "Esbern", "Snare", 1127, 3, 3, 3, 3, 5, builder1, GENERAL, ID_LIMBO, -1 //Esbern Snare (b1127, d1204): Nobleman and warrior, member of the Hvide clan. He participated in the military campaigns of King Valdemar I together with his brother Absalon. He built a castle at Kalundborg. Around this grew up the town of same name.
    "Archbishop", "Absalon", 1128, 4, 3, 4, 4, 6, mightywarrior3, GENERAL, ID_DENMARK, -1 //Archbishop Absalon (b1128, d1201): Danish hero, equally great as churchman, statesman and general. He was bishop of Roskilde from 1158, archbishop of Lund from 1178, and chief counsellor of Valdemar I and Knud VI. He waged war against the Wends (Slavs) on the south coast of the Baltic, and in 1184 won a great victory over a Pomeranian fleet. In 1167 he was in charge of fortifying Copenhagen.
    "Sune", "Ebbesen", 1130, 3, 3, 3, 3, 5, loyal1, GENERAL, ID_LIMBO, -1 //Sune Ebbesen (b?, d1186): Nobleman and warrior, member of the Hvide clan. He participated in the military campaigns of King Valdemar I together with his cousins Absalon and Esbern Snare.
    "Sven", "Aggesen", 1140, 1, 1, 3, 4, 6, educated2, GENERAL, ID_LIMBO, -1 //Sven Aggesen (b1140/50, d?): Danish historian, housecarl in service of both King Valdemar I and King Knud VI. He was on many war-expeditions, of which he mentions details in his work "Brevis Historia Regnum Daciae".
    "Marsk", "Stig", 1230, 4, 5, 3, 3, 3, attacker2, GENERAL, ID_LIMBO, -1 //Stig Andersen, alias Marsk Stig (b?, d1293): Outstanding Danish magnate, he held the office of "Marsk" (leading general and "minister of war"). At the regicide November 1286, he and many other noblemen were in spite of their protests outlawed as the men behind King Erik V's death. He then settled at the island of Hjelm from which he ravaged the Danish coasts. He died on his island without having obtained rehabilitation from the Danish court.
    "Rane", "Jonsen", 1240, 2, 4, 3, 4, 3, secret_paranoiac3, GENERAL, ID_LIMBO, -1 //Rane Jonsen (b?, d1294): Nobleman from Zealand. He was "Kammermester" (Chamberlain) of King Erik V. At the regicide November 1286, he and many other noblemen were in spite of their protests outlawed as the men behind the king's death. He fled to Norway, but was captured and executed at Roskilde in 1294.
    "Grev", "Jakob", 1250, 3, 5, 3, 3, 2, envy1, GENERAL, ID_LIMBO, -1 //Count Jakob of Halland (b?, d1310): Grev ("Count") of Halland (Scania) from 1283. He was hostile toward the growing power of King Erik V, and was one of the noblemen outlawed at the regicide November 1286. He struggled together with the group of outlaw noblemen and since 1305 took refuge at the Norwegian court.
    "Grev", "Gerhard", 1292, 3, 5, 4, 4, 1, tyrant3, GENERAL, ID_LIMBO, -1 //Count Gerhard III of Holstein (b1292, d1340): Energetic, brutal and deeply religious German magnate, who provided financial support to Danish kings and became a main factor of Danish politics. In 1326 he dethroned King Christoffer II and placed his minor nephew, Valdemar III, on the throne. He acted as regent of Denmark until Christoffer II was restored in 1329. After Christoffer's death he was the real ruler of most of the dissolved country being the lord of both Jutland and Fyn (1332-40).
    "Johan", "den Milde", 1300, 2, 3, 3, 3, 3, avarice1, GENERAL, ID_LIMBO, -1 //Johan den Milde ("the Mild"; b?, d1359): German magnate who funded Danish kings. He played a main role in the restoration of King Christoffer II (1329) but later on had to accept Count Gerhard III as his superior. From 1332 to 1340 he was the lord of eastern Denmark, but he lost Scania which submitted to the Swedish king. After the collapse of Holstein rule he at first cooperated with King Valdemar IV but during the next years he was deprived from his Danish possessions.
    "Niels", "Ebbesen", 1310, 2, 4, 4, 3, 5, mightywarrior2, GENERAL, ID_DENMARK, -1 //Niels Ebbesen (b?, d1340): Danish hero, known for his killing of Count Gerhard III. He turned against the Holstein occupants and when Count Gerhard campaigned in Jutland 1340 he supported the Danish guerrilla. The night of April 1st he and some of his warriors got into the Count's headquarter in Randers, killed him and managed to escape. During the following rebellion he played a main role in the resistance but he was killed the same year during a fight against the Germans.
    "Henning", "Podebusk", 1320, 2, 2, 4, 4, 7, smarttalker1, GENERAL, ID_LIMBO, -1 //Henning Podebusk (b?, d1388): Danish statesman from the island of Rügen. He was taken into Danish service in 1350 and became the most important and loyal official of King Valdemar IV. In 1365 he was appointed "Drost" (prime minister) and he soon showed his ability during the war 1367-70 against the Hanseatic League and its allies. After Valdemar's death in 1375 he protected the royal interest and was the political mentor of Queen Margrete I.
    "Archbishop", "Eskil", 1100, 1, 0, 6, 3, 6, pious4, BISHOP, ID_LIMBO, -1 //Archbishop Eskil (b ca 1100, d1181/82): A man of profound piety, in 1134 he was consecrated bishop of Roskilde and in 1137 archbishop of Lund. He favoured the introduction of monastic orders in Denmark.
    "Saxo", "Grammaticus", 1150, 1, 0, 4, 4, 6, educated3, EMISSARY, ID_LIMBO, -1 //Saxo Grammaticus (b ca 1150, d ca 1220): Danish historian. He wrote the chronicle "Gesta Danorum" by order of Archbishop Absalon.
    "Anders", "Sunesen", 1167, 1, 0, 6, 4, 6, educated2, BISHOP, ID_LIMBO, -1 //Anders Sunesen (b1167, d1228): Archbishop of Lund from 1201 to 1223. He studied in Paris and also probably in Oxford and Bologna. He transmited his knowledges to the Danish clergy.
    "Jakob", "Erlandsen", 1210, 1, 1, 6, 3, 2, pious1, BISHOP, ID_LIMBO, -1 //Jakob Erlandsen (b?, d1274): Archbishop of Lund. Troublesome priest, he maintained a power struggle with King Erik IV.
    "Jens", "Grand", 1260, 1, 1, 6, 3, 2, pious1, BISHOP, ID_LIMBO, -1 //Jens Grand (b?, d1327): Archbishop of Lund. Troublesome priest, he maintained a power struggle with King Erik VI.

//Heroes
    ["Skjalm"] {"Skjalm"}
    ["Hvide"] {"Hvide"}
    ["Asser"] {"Asser"}
    ["Rig"] {"Rig"}
    ["Knud"] {"Knud"}
    ["Lavard"] {"Lavard"}
    ["Magnus"] {"Magnus"}
    ["den Stærke"] {"den Stærke"}
    ["Esbern"] {"Esbern"}
    ["Snare"] {"Snare"}
    ["Absalon"] {"Absalon"}
    ["Sune"] {"Sune"}
    ["Ebbesen"] {"Ebbesen"}
    ["Sven"] {"Sven"}
    ["Aggesen"] {"Aggesen"}
    ["Marsk"] {"Marsk"}
    ["Stig"] {"Stig"}
    ["Rane"] {"Rane"}
    ["Jonsen"] {"Jonsen"}
    ["Grev"] {"Grev"}
    ["Jakob"] {"Jakob"}
    ["Grev"] {"Grev"}
    ["Gerhard"] {"Gerhard"}
    ["Johan"] {"Johan"}
    ["den Milde"] {"den Milde"}
    ["Niels"] {"Niels"}
    ["Ebbesen"] {"Ebbesen"}
    ["Henning"] {"Henning"}
    ["Podebusk"] {"Podebusk"}
    ["Eskil"] {"Eskil"}
    ["Saxo"] {"Saxo"}
    ["Grammaticus"] {"Grammaticus"}
    ["Anders"] {"Anders"}
    ["Sunesen"] {"Sunesen"}
    ["Jakob"] {"Jakob"}
    ["Erlandsen"] {"Erlandsen"}
    ["Jens"] {"Jens"}
    ["Grand"] {"Grand"}

Quote Originally Posted by bretwalda
    @Belisario
    Great, excellent work! I wish to see it in the next release of XL Mod!

@VH
    Please, if you could include those Hungarian details to your next release! They are accurate and very good, as well.
    Hi Bretwalda, thanks for your compliments! The Hungarian history is very interesting. If you can contribute info about the Balkans area it would be good.

@bretwalda
    I will add the info in the next release, it is good stuff

@Belisario
    More cool stuff, nice . I had a quick look at the names and they look correct. Most of the names are very old ones, so there should not be any problems adding them
    I hope to get some time for modding soon, because I have some upcomming hollydays next week. It should be possible to add most of the info resived here and at the .com, but I have not made any new infopics yet, but hope to make a few more before releasing the final patch for the mod.

Grand Patron's Banner Bearer Senior Member Peasant Phill's Avatar
    Somewhere relatively safe, behind some one else, preferably at the back
    Blog Entries

This may have been asked before but I haven't found it. I'm currently playing the papacy in early but it seems that I'm unable to build a chapterhouse in order to start crusades eventhough crusades are part of my GA goals.

Thanks in advance
    Quote Originally Posted by Drone
    Someone has to watch over the wheat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TinCow
    We've made our walls sufficiently thick that we don't even hear the wet thuds of them bashing their brains against the outer wall and falling as lifeless corpses into our bottomless moat.

@bretwalda
    I will add the info in the next release, it is good stuff

@Belisario
    More cool stuff, nice . I had a quick look at the names and they look correct. Most of the names are very old ones, so there should not be any problems adding them
    I hope to get some time for modding soon, because I have some upcomming hollydays next week. It should be possible to add most of the info resived here and at the .com, but I have not made any new infopics yet, but hope to make a few more before releasing the final patch for the mod.
    Hi VikingHorde!

Thanks to your approval to the Danish names, it was really a hard work. I am reworking the Castilian-Leonese faction. I hope to finish doing this new stuff the next week. Happy holydays!

VH:

Just wanted to say I continue to enjoy playing your mod.

My current game is on hard playing as the Crusaders.

I have given all other factions 100000 florins; I gave the Mongol Horde 5000000 florins (if you want to see a powerful horde give them mucho dinaro); and I gave myself 10000.

After 100 years playing, at least 18-20 factions are still in the game, and they are quite powerful. So it's anyone's game as world empires fight for supremacy.....

Thanks again for this excellent mod.

"'elp! I'm bein' repressed!" Senior Member Aenlic's Avatar

I'm certainly looking forward to the new update, especially with the outstanding work that Belisario does on names. XL has always been and continues to be a fun mod to play.
    "Dee dee dee!" - Annoymous (the "differently challenged" and much funnier twin of Anonymous)

Page 35 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast