Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Comments and suggestions

Default Re: Comments and suggestions

It's always the simple things that cause the most bother. Good to hear people have managed to find a solution to the missing threads. I wonder if this forum can be set to display all threads automatically for each patron, overriding whatever settings have been chosen? I'll ask...

Don Corleone, thanks very much. Just drop me a PM or post in this thread when your work is ready to be edited in place.

Blodrast, sorted.
    Frogbeastegg's Guide to Total War: Shogun II. Please note that the guide is not up-to-date for the latest patch.

Member Member Alexander the Pretty Good's Avatar

IS anyone working on Rome strategies and faqs?

Just wondering

waaaay too early. At least wait until one weekend has passed - most people don't have enough time to play during the week - not enough to be able to put out a decent faq...well, except for lucky people who called in sick or something similar
    Therapy helps, but screaming obscenities is cheaper.

is there an appropriate thread to post a link to the Total War Library, a repository of MTW and VI guides and some other related articles. most of the guides written by TWC's strategist extraordinaire, morble.

http://totalwar.strategyinformer.com
    check the guides out.

morble is currently engaged in writing a strategy guide for the julii faction in RTW

Head Moderator of TotalRome
    Refugee of the Total War Centre

For MTW stuff useful downloads, links etc. There is a corresponding thread in the RTW forum.
    Frogbeastegg's Guide to Total War: Shogun II. Please note that the guide is not up-to-date for the latest patch.

is not a senior Member Meneldil's Avatar

Default Re : Comments and suggestions

Would it be possible to open guides for the major MTW mods ? (Super Mod, XL mod, Hellenic Total War, Napoleonic, etc.)

The same question was raised over in the RTW guides forum, and the end feeling amongst the relevant mods was that it wouldn't work because there would not be anything like enough traffic to justify the many hours of work it would take to both create and sustain such forums. Sorry.

Hi everyone just a quick question about the end date in mtw. have any of the mods come up with a way of playing on after 1453? Late era games are great but the fact that they end so soon can be a real shame when things are just starting to happen.

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: Comments and suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by Third spearman from the left
    Hi everyone just a quick question about the end date in mtw. have any of the mods come up with a way of playing on after 1453? Late era games are great but the fact that they end so soon can be a real shame when things are just starting to happen.
    You can modify the enddate in campaign.txt IIRC. Search the M:TW modification forums for more information.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Thanks Ludens for that. If you don't mind me asking what effect does changing the end date have? Can points still be gained after 1453 in a GA campaign? Can the game keep running indefinitely...or at least until you put everyone to the sword in the late era.

Blog Entries

Technically, I think it's possible to play on until at least 9999 A.D., though I doubt anybody has done that. I don't know about GA points though, but I thought they were counted at specific dates, which would mean that you can gain no points after the official end date unless you modify the GA goals as well.

However, we are actually in the wrong forum. These kind of questions should be posted in the Entrance Hall.

Great answer, Us spearmen are simple folk, so thanks for the time. I'm really desperate to post on the XL MOD forum, VH has done an amazing job and I have some questions for him about his work. However I can't post yet so I'm just asking a few bits here and there.

can anyone tell me why i cant post in the jousting fields sections, or do you have to post so many times b4 you can gain access ?????
    AggonyJudgee

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Judge
    can anyone tell me why i cant post in the jousting fields sections, or do you have to post so many times b4 you can gain access ?????
    This is not quite the appropriate forum, but I will answer that question for you. You need to get promoted before you can access most forums on this board. This system is indeed a bit restrictive, but it also keeps out spammers, flamers, trolls and other nuisances of the internet. Promotion is not dependent on post-count: all that is required is that you post a couple of times in a friendly and helpfull manner. More information can be found in the Guild FAQ.

Thankyou Ludans for your answer and in helping me , i apolagise for posting in the wrong place, the topic i wished to answer to was in the section jousting fields, so i queried why i cud not get there, ok so i guess il do as u ask , thanks again.
    AggonyJudgee

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Judge
    Thankyou Ludans for your answer and in helping me , i apolagise for posting in the wrong place, the topic i wished to answer to was in the section jousting fields, so i queried why i cud not get there, ok so i guess il do as u ask , thanks again.
    Oh, and I forgot to say that if you do want to reply to any topic in any forum you cannot access, post your message in the Entrance Hall with a link to that topic and someone will move it for you.

don't mind me i'm posting my first post so I can get a new avatar

Camel Lord Senior Member Capture The Flag Champion Martok's Avatar
    In my own little world....but it's okay, they know me there.

Welcome to the Org, Amir al Amin. You should come and introduce yourself!
    "MTW is not a game, it's a way of life." -- drone

Quote Originally Posted by Amir al Amin
    don't mind me i'm posting my first post so I can get a new avatar
    Amir, welcome to the Org! You'll find this place interesting!

don't forget to go in the main hall and bring some camels!

(A pity, I was hoping for a new guide anouncement, like "battles in a small forrest"... )

Default Comments and suggestions

Well... Are then both wii full brick? As I said one has got a black screen and the other has no screen at all...

I tried to make a backup of the dump. tried Wiind, yanwiind and another one but always had an error so went on without a backup I know, I know.... Even with a programmer I would need my key, isnt it? Or does the programmer get it?

Ok. I think this time I WILL WAIT for your guideness. If you want a couple of WIIS to test for your unbricking project you have a couple here... I have nothing to lose.

I wait for your words. Maraming salamat

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123