Thread: SP, where are the dutch?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Just wondering, when do the dutch arrive? I've declined the portuguese trading rights five or six times already, waiting for the dutch. I assume you can only trade with one of them? I want the muskets, and don't have enough to build the gun factories. Will the dutch ever arrive?

Sometime after 1560 I think, depending on where you are.
    Time flies like the wind. Fruit flies like bananas.

Thanks, I guess I'll just be patient. I was beginning to think I had to do something first to get them to arrive. Those portuguese sure are persistent, and I think I misread the book.

"A Daimyo can have either portuguese or dutch in his domain, but not both."

This doesn't mean the dutch won't offer even after I am already trading with the portuguese, right? Missed out on a few years of arqebusters...doh!

Senior Member Senior Member Vanya's Avatar

Quote Originally posted by Kagami Rei:
    ..."A Daimyo can have either portuguese or dutch in his domain, but not both."...[/QUOTE]

Wrong. You can have both. Just not in the same province.

So, for example, you can have a dutch outpost in Awa AND a portuguese outpost in neighboring Tosa, where both were built by YOU. But you can't have, say, Awaji with both.

Got it?

[Sips sake, eats popcorn]

I realised what the book meant after it was to late, the dutch arrived. In a way, it saved me a little money though, not having to build the portuguese posts and factories. Thanks for clearing that up.