Here's the last one

Default Re: Fall of Rome - Total War

Hi Pericles
    i wos playing Justinian, the reconquest of the west 527AD
    i started e new campain the last stand of the west 470AD
    i will play the other campain as well ill let you now soon
    Thx mate

this mod looks very good, I would like to try it, but I cannot find the link to the downlaod anywhere. Could someone point me in the right direction?

Quote Originally Posted by Tristrem
    this mod looks very good, I would like to try it, but I cannot find the link to the downlaod anywhere. Could someone point me in the right direction?
    Tristrem:

I would hold off for a bit to try it as we will be releasing a new updated version of this mod with all the extra fixes, enhancements and new art work you see in the above posts.

It'll be worth it.

Keep checking back - and follow our progress.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by axel
    Hi Pericles
    i wos playing Justinian, the reconquest of the west 527AD
    i started e new campain the last stand of the west 470AD
    i will play the other campain as well ill let you now soon
    Thx mate
    Hi axel:

I hope you have fun.

And keep us updated as you play. Let me know what faction you play and if you feel anything might need to be changed.

Cheers!

ok thanks for the reply, I will stay tuned!

In the mean time, I highly recommend the book, The Punic Wars, by Nigel Bagnall. I'm currently reading it right now and it is an excellent book that covers the history of the Punic Wars between Carthage and Rome.

Also, here are some excellent sites devoted to Roman military strategy and tactics. There are a lot of pictures and diagrams of legion formations and tactics:

http://numbera.com/rome/strategy/legform.aspx

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_i...tle_formations

http://www.roman-empire.net/army/tactics.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_legion

Cheers!
    Last edited by Pericles; 01-28-2007 at 18:10.

Crusading historian Member cegorach's Avatar

Two questions/suggestions.

Are you going to use the whole Romanisation proposed and described some time ago ?

2. This might be useful to your nomadic factions

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=78389

Cheers !

Quote Originally Posted by cegorach
    Two questions/suggestions.

Are you going to use the whole Romanisation proposed and described some time ago ?

2. This might be useful to your nomadic factions

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=78389

Cheers !
    Hi cegorach :)

Yes, I had read that discussion some time ago. And it is an interesting idea. But at the moment that is beyond what I am doing for FoR at this time.

It's taking a lot of time to gather up all the pics/information and to put them in the game the way I want. As such, finding the right pics and making them look good is time consuming. But it's still fun :)

However, I have over-hauled the building.txt to allow faster build times, and much, much more...

Also, I want to get the new version out within a reasonable time frame. LOL

But who knows in the future?

Cheers!
    Last edited by Pericles; 01-31-2007 at 16:15.

Hi Pericles
    I will mate and i will let you now

Hi Pericles
    I will mate and i will let you now
    I'm looking forward to it, axel

The Senate has placed the existence and hope of the empire in your hands!

More pics.

This time, here are screenshots of NEW pics of emperors. I have changed them so that all the statues of the emperors show them standing. They are all in colour, have been re-sized, and the edges have been raised and beveled.

Here's another emperor pic:

As always, I'm tweaking, tweaking, tweaking.

I finally have the Emperor info screens the way I want them. So here is a series of screenshots showing the Emperor pages of the three Roman factions as they will appear in the final version.

Here are the West Romans:

Last edited by Pericles; 01-31-2007 at 07:02.

Here are the Romans:

Last edited by Pericles; 01-31-2007 at 15:18.

And here are the East Romans:

Update:

I've been busy.

Among a lot of other things, graphically, there are 32 NEW pictures for the Info_pic parchment pages and 224 NEW portrait pictures for Kings, Generals, Admirals, Emissaries, Princes, and Princesses for the Roman factions.

I also have a new loading screen picture which I think you'll like, in keeping with the Rome theme.

I'm currently text-editing a lot of parchment info screens for spelling, grammer, etc....

Also, I'm thinking of calling this version of FoR Mod - version 3.1 - instead of 3.0a,b,c, etc.... Does this sound acceptable?

On the loading screen I'll be putting this:

Fall of Rome Mod version 3.1

by

maximus decimus meridius

with

Pericles

Installer by Belisarivs

Is this acceptable to everyone?

Cheers!
    Last edited by Pericles; 02-03-2007 at 22:14.

Hi Pericles,
    really great mate it is really acceptable mate.
    The three of you really done great it makes MTW really good to play and i hope you will make more mods and changes.
    Mtw is one of the best games and i am attending to play this for a long long time, and i hope this community will stay for a long time.
    I say HAIL to all modmakers and helpers

Hi Pericles,
    really great mate it is really acceptable mate.
    The three of you really done great it makes MTW really good to play and i hope you will make more mods and changes.
    Mtw is one of the best games and i am attending to play this for a long long time, and i hope this community will stay for a long time.
    I say HAIL to all modmakers and helpers
    Many, many thanks axel

I'm just a gamer like all of you, and I like the Roman period, so this is a great way to put into the game the things I like (and hope you all do too).

All the screenshots which are posted here are low res shots. So for those of you who play on high res, the pics will look even better.

I have been playing the Last Stand campaign as the West Romans, and all the changes and pics etc have really made it feel more immersive. After 42 years in the game, I have finally re-taken two lost provinces, fought countless battles, and still the raging hordes continue to plague the empire. New enemies arise all the time...

This has to be one of the most balanced and enjoyable campaigns I have played in a long time. There are always countless decisons to be made, strategies to be worked out, as well as trying to build a balanced force to deal with all the incursions. I am barely hanging on, so the tension of "what's coming next" always hangs over the player.

Cheers!

I miss SicilianVespers on list.

He was quite active in earlier stages of development and did really great piece of work.

Shame is, that version 3.1 was reserved for addon with Attila campaign. No problem at all, just it is shame that Maximus no longer works on it.
    Last edited by Belisarivs; 02-04-2007 at 15:40.

Quote Originally Posted by Belisarivs
    I miss SicilianVespers on list.

He was quite active in earlier stages of development and did really great piece of work.

Shame is, that version 3.1 was reserved for addon with Attila campaign. No problem at all, just it is shame that Maximus no longer works on it.

Belisarivs:

Not to worry.

Everyone who has worked on this mod in the past will be named in the readme. This is a great mod and those who worked on it in the past have done a great job.

That is why the FoR is not my mod.

But it is a real shame that this mod was not finished.

All the work I am putting into this, is simply my humble attempt to polish up this mod in many ways so that we can all continue to enjoy it. I am simply picking up the torch to help move this mod along.

I, too, was really looking forward to Max doing an Attila Campaign. I think we all waited for about two years for version 3.1 to come out. Unfortunately, Max seems to have abandoned this mod a long time ago.

I only want to share the work I am doing with the wider gaming audience.

Max's, mine, and your name are on the loading screen strictly to let players know that it is Max's mod, that I am actively working on it, and that you are willing to do all the work of putting it into an installer and making it available for download.

However, I don't want to offend anyone.

This has been a labour of love for me.
    Last edited by Pericles; 02-08-2007 at 19:18.

No problem at all Pericles.
    I just thought, that at least SicilianVespers should be in. That is all.

I've downloaded some tools for RTW. I hope that some of them will help with portraits. Are you still interested?

When you feel satisfied, send me your work and I'll make installer for it.
    Just send me packed files which have been altered against last installer made by me.

Also try to not exceed 10 MB size of files sent via e-mail. Split it or upload it somewhere.

Thanks for your work. I and many community members appreciate it.

I think you all are doing a wonderfull job and i deffently want this updated mod. And maybe its a idea if you both maked the punic and or Attila campaign that would be great if there s a way to learn how to mod and if i have time left from work i would be interested.
    But i dont think Max mind that you all are finishing this mod i think he would be proud. I am and i think i am talking for a lot of people

Hi mate s
    again i started a new campain the last stand of the west 470AD and i am playing the vandals again and again my computer gets stuck in the middle of the game at time 544AD dose any one ever play the vandals or willing to play it???? it gets stuck and i cant do nothing any more i cant stop or esc i got to put the pC of by reset button is this a vandal thing??

Axel:
    Punic campaign is definitely off the scope of mod (about 600-700 years, btw).

Attila was in preparation, but Maximus suddenly and unexpectedly ceased development ans is no longer active.

Seldom freeze is pay for total conversion. Next time try to press Space bar. It helped me quite often.

Pericles:
    There are portraits I extracted from RTW. They are slightly smaler than ones used in MTW. That is why there is added folder "Examples" where is shown how to these look when transformed to MTW size. Choose those which fit you best and I'll convert them to proper sizes and include them in installer.

http://rapidshare.com/files/14982297/portraits.rar.html

Member Member dimitrios the samian's Avatar

Keep up the great work guys !! rite down to the very last detail and as refined as you want it to be for maximum enjoyment ,, I will be reloading my MTW to add this 3.1 version to play again ,, I was always pissed to see the same old scragly faces appearing on the portraits both male & female !! at least know its more realistic and will add to the depth !! Just on that Attila campaign perhaps Maximus has started it and it just needs finishing ? At least if he has done 50% or more of the work it won't be lost ,, cheers for now ,, DTS

Dimitrios, unfortunatelly, Maximus didn't appear here for quite a time. None of us has any informations about him. We'd gladly include it if he sent it to us.

Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 LastLast