Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 232930313233

Thread: Fall of Rome - Total War

Default Re: Fall of Rome - Total War

Your posted link Stazi is for 3.0 version,while for 3.1? All previous link for 3.1 don't works!!!

Try to send PMs to mod creators or people who posted in this thread. Maybe someone still has the 3.1 version.
    "Do not fight for glory. Do not fight for love of your lord. Do not fight for hatred, honor or faith. Fight only for victory and you will succeed." - Uji sensei.

Maximus Decimus Meridius(creator of this mod) and Peicles arent't active from this site from 2007!!!

I have been able to access a hard drive from my old computer. This was my slave drive and I have loads of stuff on there. A folder I created "downloads" has three Fall of Rome 3.1 downloads in it. The one Pericles released "FallofRome_v3.1_Pericles 11.4 MB", the one with the installer from Belisarivs that is 3.0/3.1 combo I believe 43.5 MB, and the one released after all this which was "Maximus Decimus Meridius Fall_of_Rome_3.0-3.1-_Total_War 33.7 MB". FileFront is where I uploaded these. I don't suppose the creators would mind. Here are the links:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20424...1_Pericles.zip

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20424559/FoR_3.1.exe

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20424..._Total_War.zip
    Last edited by Baron von Manteuffel; 06-11-2011 at 03:03.

Thank you so much for uploading these mods again! I used to have these but lost them. Downloading now!

What is the difference between the three files to choose from for download? I downloaded and installed the FoR 3.1 exe and got it working, but I also read that there is a version with a Heraclius campaign and I'd like to play that as well.

Anybody ever figure out how to get the 'Fall of Rome v3.0 Map v1.0b Created by NodachiSam, January 21, 2006' to show the Roman names on the campaign map. It's included in the installer from Belisarivs that is version 3.0/3.1 43.5 MB. While in the city building browser you can run the mouse pointer over the city and it shows the Roman name but on the campaign map itself it still shows the medieval names.

EBII Council Senior Member Kull's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Baron von Manteuffel View Post
    Anybody ever figure out how to get the 'Fall of Rome v3.0 Map v1.0b Created by NodachiSam, January 21, 2006' to show the Roman names on the campaign map. It's included in the installer from Belisarivs that is version 3.0/3.1 43.5 MB. While in the city building browser you can run the mouse pointer over the city and it shows the Roman name but on the campaign map itself it still shows the medieval names.
    Interestingly enough, Pericles had the exact same problem and provided a fix in this post

Nodachisam's map file is in the (Game Directory)/textures/campmap folder, called MapTex2.tga, which is the high resolution version of the map.
    Right there with it is the original game map called MapTex.tga, which is the low res version of the map.

As noted by Pericles, for some graphics card related reason, your game is defaulting to the lowres file - if you can't solve the reason why the game is choosing the low res version, one alternative is to do as he suggests and change the high res file to a low res version of exactly the same size. Not sure how he did it, but that seems to be the solution.
    "Numidia Delenda Est!"

EBII Council Senior Member Kull's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jp1747 View Post
    What is the difference between the three files to choose from for download? I downloaded and installed the FoR 3.1 exe and got it working, but I also read that there is a version with a Heraclius campaign and I'd like to play that as well.
    The third link in Baron's post contains Max's new campaigns, including Heraclius. Inside the zipped file, look inside the Loc/Eng/ folder and you'll see his original campaigns, plus several new ones. Not sure which is Heaclius, but just copy all the new ones into the same directory in your FoR game directory, and test them out.
    "Numidia Delenda Est!"

Talking Re: Fall of Rome - Total War

Doubt anybody would be interested but I finally got 'Fall of Rome v3.0 Map v1.0b Created by NodachiSam' working and it really gives the game a better feel. YEAH!

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

Let me know if you want links posted.
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

Member Member dimitrios the samian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Baron von Manteuffel View Post
    Doubt anybody would be interested but I finally got 'Fall of Rome v3.0 Map v1.0b Created by NodachiSam' working and it really gives the game a better feel. YEAH!
    Well done Baron !!
    Im interested & back after almost a decade :)
    drone , please post links
    cheers

I thought I had the map working right but it kept crashing. Seems when you resize the MapTex2, it must be exact. I got it close but not exact. If somebody wants to give it a try here's the link to the 'Fall of Rome v3.0 Map v1.0b Created by NodachiSam'. http://www.gamefront.com/files/25123495/FOR3.0_Map.zip

Member thankful for this post:

Hello ...
    I think i no longer have my copy of this gem ..
    Is there a working link for 3.1 anywere ?
    cheers

Fall of Rome 3.1

Pericles

Pericles is probably an alternative campaign but I've never tried it. Check readmes in each folder.
    "Do not fight for glory. Do not fight for love of your lord. Do not fight for hatred, honor or faith. Fight only for victory and you will succeed." - Uji sensei.

Member thankful for this post:

thnx Stazi
    got em both now ..............
    Just curious , has anyone worked on or played with the Campaign map file that fixed the names ?

This is Maximus Decimus Meridius Fall_of_Rome_3.0-3.1-_Total_War 33.7 MB and it was released in 2008 one year after the Pericles 3.1 version. Some of the units and the campaigns are a little different and it also has one additional campaign "Heraclius the First Crusader 610°AD". Enjoy! https://www.mediafire.com/?be5hlj9zwvvuqqj
    Last edited by Baron von Manteuffel; 03-19-2016 at 23:16. Reason: Needed to!

Members thankful for this post (2):

Great news Baron !
    I will upload it very soon .
    A question , its much smaller than the 3.1 that stazi linked above .
    Is this latest link to be a clean install ?
    cheers
    Last edited by dimitrios the samian; 03-24-2016 at 06:09. Reason: question

Hello Stazi & Baron
    I have tried on 3 occasions to load up Fall of Rome & on all occasions Campaigns are not working , instant CTD's
    Good news is , I can atleast enjoy Custom Battles .
    I think it has something to do with map that Belisarius included in his all in one installer .
    I have no skills in looking to find the solution or problem .
    Is anybody playing this mod from any of the 3 links provided above by Stazi ?
    Can anyone help sort out this problem ?
    I will try loading Max's 2.0 FOR , then manually fixing those dodgy bifs & once done , I will add Pericles extras , thus it may all function on the original map .
    But we still have that last addition that Maximus provided with some new textures & new Campaign .
    Any help appreciated .
    Cheers
    D

@ dimitrios the samian - Go to your Medieval - Total War\campmap\startpos folder and delete the vanilla TUTORIAL.TXT, VIKING.TXT, EARLY.TXT, HIGH.TXT, and LATE.TXT.

See post #918
    Last edited by Baron von Manteuffel; 08-26-2016 at 01:38.

I can confirm that this mod works if you do what Baron von Manteuffel says in the previous post. This mod is outstanding. It makes me want to do a Fall of Rome 2 oneday perhaps.

Members thankful for this post (2):

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 232930313233