Thread: Shogun mood swings

Is it just me or does everyone get these? Sometimes I think I am a good player sometimes I think I'm an average player. Most of the time I swear and curse although I am not always in a bad mood when I do this often I am grinning when trading insults although if i do it when I just been beat it means I am pissed off. I admit I am a sore loser especially when I get beat by players I think I should beat. Sometimes u might actually find me being nice. I know everone has different moods but mine seem to change at an alarming rate more regular than day to day. Is it me? a teenage thing or is everyone like this?
    I am great

It's a symptom of the Shogun disease. You play too much Shogun.

Unfortunately no, you're not the only one.

And Tank, I know you good enough to say you're an above average player really, very very good in 1v1 especially, but not one of the truly "top" ones...I think.

Tera.

------------------
    Proud member of Clan Kenchikuka.
    evil is within us...

[This message has been edited by Terazawa Tokugawa (edited 05-11-2002).]

my aim is to get into the truely top ones but i need to know what to do differently.
    I am great

Senior Member Senior Member Elrich of Gaul's Avatar

If we all knew what that was Tank, we'd all be in the "top" category.

------------------
    "I will follow you anywhere my brother, my captain, my King"

Elrich
    "Wake from death and return to life..."

TankDogg,

Everyone gets mood swings and from my own experience the swings are bigger when you're younger. If the mood swings are greater than what people deem to be normal, it will have a negative inpact on your life since people won't want to socialize with you, and you can even loose a job over it.

Getting pissed off can get you what you want, but in the long run it's not a good way to go through life. Certainly stand up to people when you know you're right, but doing it without insulting the other person will gain you repect. You'd be surprised how much that repect goes in getting you what you want. Now, when you want to get someone out of your life, insulting them is very effective.

MizuYuuki ~~~

_________Designed to match Original STW gameplay.

Beta 8 + Beta 8.1 patch + New Maps + Sound add-on + Castles 2

RageMonsta

Whats a mood swing?

bastards

good luck all.

hehe

"The mind is everything. What you think you become."

"The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed."

Buddha

Tank i think u got PMT maybe its that time of the month for u?

Swoosh???

Senior Member Senior Member Krasturak's Avatar

Tank,

Physical exercise is a great way to calm yourself.

If you make a program of 20-minute exercise in your day, you'll find your emotions easier to control.

RageMonsta

Yep....although wieght training can have the oppersite effect....as your at the moment in hormone turmoil in your lid to late teens...cardio work is much better...I do at least 3 hours of index finger squats each day while patroling the Gekido-no-Tochi map (Land of Rage).....

Toda Nebuchadnezzar

Interesting Monsta. Now I see why it is the Rage Domain.

No but to be a top player do what I do. Play two games of MI then say to yourself your the best and never play again. Playing mind games with yourself is a great way to not have mood swings.

"I'm the best"

------------------
    He is the Messiah
    No i'm not the Messiah
    Only the true Messiah would deny it.
    Alright then I am the Messiah.
    HE IS THE MESSIAH HOORAY!!!

Stop playing comps...stop worrying whether you are good or not. Just find some guys who you like to hang out with online and have some fun games. Thats what I do now and I'm really enjoying it again. When I first started on old STW I had an ambition to get into the top 100, I finally managed it and MI came out and...I couldnt play the game. Kept getting beat by IMO inferior players, this brassed me off and the more I lost the madder I got the worse I played the more I lost. You get the idea, anyway I had a 4 month holiday from MI. This has given me the chance to realise that I will never be a good player because:
    1. I may not have the natural aptitude.
    2. I dont play often enough.

Once you realise you are s**t its quite liberating, I just enjoy the games and have a laugh...no more typing GG through clenched teeth after another ignominious defeat. Now I expect to lose...so if I win...hey its a bonus but means relatively little.

Wraith
    Proud Member of ClanShades

RageMonsta

But you were stunning on Mutsu m8. 2v1 wasnt it while we sat and cheered you on.

Heheheh Monsta workin out

Senior Member Senior Member Vanya's Avatar

Concentrate. Meditate. Become one with your surroundings.

When you can hear the birds chirping from across town... and you can feel the garbage truck pull up to their next house -- wherever that may be... when you can see the reflection off your blade from the confines of a separate room... when you can sense the speed at which the grass grows... and weight of the water as it plummets from the heavens... when you can make yourself inmune to the earthly pleasures and seductions that cloud your thoughts... and you can commune with nature and Buddha... then you will be ready.

Then, you can become great.
    [Sips sake, eats popcorn]

Toda Nebuchadnezzar

"I'm the best."

------------------
    He is the Messiah
    No i'm not the Messiah
    Only the true Messiah would deny it.
    Alright then I am the Messiah.
    HE IS THE MESSIAH HOORAY!!!