Thread: Custom Campaigns not working

Since I recently reinstalled Medieval I though I'd see if there were any mods around.

I downloaded three campaigns that I liked the sound of but they're not showing up in new campaign. They are Empires, Pagan Dawn and Rebel dawn.

I've got Viking Invasion and the 2.01 patch.
    "What the hammer? what the chain?
    In what furnace was thy brain?"

Champion head hurler Member Accounting Troll's Avatar

I think all three campaigns that you mentioned were intended for M:TW 1.0/1.1, and so many changes were made for Viking Invasion that the game can't recognize campaigns designed for the original M:TW 1.0 or 1.01.

Install version 1.0 into a different directory and put the mods in there. I should warn you that some mods aren't very compatible with each other because they change a lot of game files, but the good news is that if you have the disk space, you can have several installations of M:TW

just a question how do you create custom campagins or units on VI
    Nothing interesting here, Move along folks

Champion head hurler Member Accounting Troll's Avatar

There's a lot of information on modding the game in the dungeon section of this forum.

A good starting point would be to search for information on how to mod the startpos files. In the campmap/startpos directory there is a seperate text file for each campaign, and you can easily change a lot of things in that file.

A guide to modding the startpos.txt files that I found useful can be found at www.respawn.co.uk

It was written for M:TW version 1.00, and Viking Invasion has a few extra things that you can mod, but you may still find it useful