Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Knights of the Old Republic 2

Come to daddy Member Geoffrey S's Avatar

Default Re: Knights of the Old Republic 2

I thoroughly enjoyed this game, in some places (namely character development) actually more than the already brilliant Kotor1. The story develops very well, with villains who genuinely loom ominously over the general plot. The only thing that is a pity is the somewhat rushed ending. Don't get me wrong, the whole sequence of talking to the final endboss is fulfilling, but there are a number of things left too unexplained, like the confrontation between the two robots and how the Ebon Hawk survived to the end.

I'm looking forward to the storyline mod, particularly after reading some of the scripts involving Atton at the end of a game with a female character. Some of the new (or retrieved) dialogue looks like it might actually add something to the game.

Looking forward to Kotor3.
    "The facts of history cannot be purely objective, since they become facts of history only in virtue of the significance attached to them by the historian." E.H. Carr

Default Re: Knights of the Old Republic 2

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Appleton
    Buy it now. I don't think a story line mod could add much. I would not say the ending was bad. Yes, there were leaps and inconsistencies, but it had a real dramatic force. The villain's scene is written in a very nice way, with a variety of dialogue options for your character, going from triumphalism to something approaching love. From a plot point of view, there's a feeling of unfinished business that keeps you wondering. I also think the game is deliberately told in a way that not everything is disclosed to you. What you learn depends on which NPCs you cultivate and what conversation paths you take. Whether because of this or because of the rushed nature of the ending, I kept thinking about the story for days afterwards.
    Thanks i liked the first game so much that i would have just bought it when it came out, but the amazon reviews said it was a bugged POS

i think i'll buy it anyway.
    Last edited by Mongoose; 07-27-2005 at 01:11.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789