Thread: Provincal titles

Member Member Maychargewithoutorders's Avatar

Hi all,
    I have a specific question and wondering if anybody can give me an answer....
    How does keeping the holder of the title in his province effect the loyalty/zeal, if at all? I'm usually eager to expand very quickly and usually have trouble in keeping the local population in line....

MCWO

Senior Member Senior Member katank's Avatar

no effect.

you can transport a unit across the map and no effect on province loyalty.

keeping the unit moving around is good though, avoids absentee landlord vice.

now if you get your king stuck on some island without naval link... that's another story.

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (katank @ April 26 2004,10:32)]now if you get your king stuck on some island without naval link... that's another story.
    Argh Don't do it - it's horrible [shudders at the memory... ]
    Bring me my broadsword and clear understanding...
    - Jethro Tull, Broadsword

Resident Spammer Member son of spam's Avatar

Yeah, that's horrible, I had my english king stuck in england and surrounded by Danish ships, and then all my continental provs rebelled. So i reloaded.

Typing from the Saddle Senior Member Doug-Thompson's Avatar

No effect.

Now, as for keeping track of your governors.

If you're looking for a governor of a certain province and can't find him, right-click the province. The province info screen comes up with the governor's name near the top. Left-click on the governor's name and the stack of units he's in is selected.

=============

Sometimes, you can't help getting your king stuck on an island. One time I controlled every sea zone and assassinated the Byz emperor in Bulgaria. His heir popped up on the most developed province he had left -- Sicily, with a huge Papal army cutting him off from the rest of Italy.
    "In war, then, let your great object be victory, not lengthy campaigns."

Merkismathr of Birka Member PseRamesses's Avatar
    Birka town in Svitjod. Realm of the Rus and the midnight sun.

I just thought of an additional Q. Since I personally appoint all office titles and govs I don´t know how it works. When playing with auto-appoint does the game change govs when better ones emerges?
    Ex: If you lets say have a 3 acc gov in Sweden and a 4 acc is trained does the game sack the first gov and appoint the new and better unit into office?

Member Member Maychargewithoutorders's Avatar

Cheers guys, looks like im gonna have to supress my urges for quick domination a little bit

That king thing is interesting tho, as long as your on the other end. During a particularly heated confrontation with a huge Byz empire i managed to trap his king on corsica. Never realised marching 1000 odd troops on one group of spearman and a lonesome looking king would be soo much fun

I marched an army on the last russian province. I out numbered them two to one, but it was one of the most severe cases of jedi general I've seen- the russian king JUST WOULD NOT DIE.
    "When the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box." -Italian proverb

Quote[/b] (Doug-Thompson @ April 26 2004,08:00)]Now, as for keeping track of your governors.

If you're looking for a governor of a certain province and can't find him, right-click the province. The province info screen comes up with the governor's name near the top. Left-click on the governor's name and the stack of units he's in is selected.

=============
    AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH I've been playing this bloody game for a year, and never knew that. I can't believe how much time I've wasted looking for governors in endless stacks. Does one ever stop learning about this game? BTW, Doug. I'll probably be praying to you three or four times a day from now on.
    Our greatest glory lies not in never having fallen, but in rising every time we fall. Oliver Goldsmith

Psst, Lord Orvat...
    same applies to strategic agents.
    Click their entry on the agents list to be taken straight to them. Heirs too I imagine. There are quite a few non-obvious clickables in the game.
    .increase the peace

Destroyer of Gauls Member bighairyman's Avatar

Yup, can't find your king? click the large faction shield at your bottom left. it will center on your king. Can't find your heirs,and princess? click on the crown icon on your bottom left And here's the most important, any of you ever get the disloyal generals report from your spies? the one that mention a leader. well go to the sword icon on your bottom left and it shows everyone of your generals, the number of soldiers he had, and where he is.

Btw, how does the auto title giver works? i never use them. i select my governors all on my own.
    No poor bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making other bastards dying for their country.

The draft is white people sending black people to fight yellow people to protect the country they stole from red people.

why would anybody want to touch a girl's butt? Bart Sim

Just about all the sub-menus of units are on little spread sheets than can do simple sorting.

Sorting all provinces by province loyalty is the most useful to me, by far.

Click on the province income button, the gold coins.

Then, click on the loyalty heading. Poof: all the provinces are ranked from most loyal on the top to least loyal on the bottom.

Quote[/b] (Lord Ovaat @ April 26 2004,13:42)]AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH
    I discovered this completely by accident. I was going to click the X to close the province box, and missed.

This has to go down as game with largest number of undocumented features I've ever played. This was a bunch of stuff I didn't know (thanks, guys), especially tracking down your king (which I was doing about 20 mins ago looking for my new sultan - spent a couple of minutes clicking cities and scanning the map )
    Bring me my broadsword and clear understanding...
    - Jethro Tull, Broadsword

Jillian & Allison's Daddy Senior Member Don Corleone's Avatar

I'm not knocking them, because Lord knows, they did a magnificient job with the game. But does anyone know why the developers left so many features/tips/hints undeveloped? It's not like it's a role playing game or a puzzle game where it adds to the fun of the game. Did their publishers push them into rushing through the documenation and running out the door? All in all though, if they're reading this, one HELL of a game
    "A man who doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man."
    Don Vito Corleone: The Godfather, Part 1.

"Then wait for them and swear to God in heaven that if they spew that bull to you or your family again you will cave there heads in with a sledgehammer"
    Strike for the South

Senior Member Senior Member katank's Avatar

well, if they really documented everything, it would probably be bigger than the oxford english dictionary (the nonabridged verison)

besides, many of these features the devs might thought of as obvious and/or not really that useful in cases.

BTW, simply scanning the map for a cav army piece shows your king.

I never lose track of my kings.

I either have him as uber warrior king at the start to take advantage of refilling BG unit and then later I keep him in the capital to give my princes the best armor/weapons possible.

Quote[/b] (Doug-Thompson @ April 26 2004,17:50)]Then, click on the loyalty heading. Poof: all the provinces are ranked from most loyal on the top to least loyal on the bottom.
    Double AAARRRGGGHHH Didn't know that either Have been aware for a long time that you can keep track of agents buy clicking on their name, always find the king by clicking the shield in the lower left menu box, etc., etc. I can understand why CA didn't include all of this stuff. FROGBEASTEGG and others have done spectacular work with units and their uses. Now we need someone with lots of free time on their hands to compile a things your mother never told you manual. OK, Doug, now I'm up to four prayers per day.
    Our greatest glory lies not in never having fallen, but in rising every time we fall. Oliver Goldsmith

Quote[/b] (Ulair @ April 26 2004,18:19)]This has to go down as game with largest number of undocumented features I've ever played.
    and

Quote[/b] ]Did their publishers push them into rushing through the documentation and running out the door? All in all though, if they're reading this, one HELL of a game
    This is a pet peeve of mine.

Manuals should go on a PDF file and on a simple text file on the disk. Then the developers wouldn't have to try and stuff a paper one in those tiny boxes.

By definition, anybody who buys a computer game and plays it has a computer.

All paper manuals do anymore is drive up costs. It probably costs more to print a decent manual than it does to press the CD.

I bought a cut-rate version of Mafia with no documentation except what was on the disc, and have been perfectly happy with it.

Manual type has become so small and dense, almost all have become nearly unreadable. MTW is not the only game with this problem. MTW's manual is not even that bad., compared to some.