Thread: A few things . .. . . .

Senior Member Senior Member ElmarkOFear's Avatar

I have been discussing a few ideas with my Ugly friends and have come up with two that I would like to run by you vets . . I have noticed that there are 2 distinct groups of .org forum participants . . those who play the single player and those who play multi. There are a few who do both, but not many. A possible way to allow these groups to come together and compare their skills against each other would be to have a single player top ten scores competition. I would establish the game option for a particular clan in one of the periods, either Sengoku Jidai or Mongol and then everyone would play the game and then send their results to me thru a saved game file. I would look at them and post them as a "top ten scores for" that faction. Then everyone would have an idea of how good they are strategy-wise compared to others in this forum. The object would be to win the game in as few years as possible. Person who does this is named the Single Player Champion for the "(Put Clan name here) Clan" player. We are currently starting such an idea in the Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri game, beginning with the Spartan faction. Let me know if anyone is interested.
    The second idea was to somehow try and create a single player experience for the multiplayer community that would rely more on strategic choice of units and not take forever to play, plus would not depend on certain people having to play at a certain time. It would also eliminate some of the Super-unit issues that occur now. What I have done is make a spreadsheet with all of the building requirements and their actual build costs for each unit in the Sengoku Jidai period. Each player is given a certain amount of koku (Ex. 15,000 koku) and must purchase the required buildings before they are allowed to build that unit (Ex. Ashigaru/Yari Sam - would have to build Castle (500 koku) Spear Dojo (800 koku)). After building the required buildings then you would have to pay the actual cost of the unit to train them. In the case of Ashigaru (100 koku for an H0 Ashi) If you want to increase the Honor of this unit or its wep/arm upgrade then you must build the buildings required in the single player game to do this (Ex. Ashigaru - must also build a Large Castle & Famous Spear Dojo to get H1 Ashi) What this does is put a cap on ashi/yari sams units of H2 wep3 arm3, it also makes guns very expensive to produce and their honor is capped at H0 because there are no buildings that upgrade honor for musketeers in the single player game. I will be making the spreadsheets available to those who might be interested in giving it a try. The building requirements are given for each and a column on the right side will allow you to automatically calculate the total cost and how much you have left for your army. More details will be coming later.

If anyone would like to try it out with some of us Uglys or have some suggestions that might make it more fun/balanced without making it more complicated please send me an email at el-marko@insightbb.com. Hope to see you all soon. UglyElmo
    I have seen the future of TW MP and it is XBox Live!

The first option: Will the game be played on my own PC or through a network PC? How will you monitor the progress of the game? My biggest concern is cheating. Someone would cheat just to get their name in the top ten list.

The second option: it's good idea (it will be a mod, isn't it?). I would play this type of game. Should I have some preset rank for my commander unit? For example, the first unit I purchase will be my commanding unit and it will be command by a rank # general.

Blog Entries

nice idea elm...

i would like to help with the online competition and i have still a nice idea wich should be a tourney...but with the current situation i wont do in as a tourney...

i dont fear the cheaters, just let honourable players in ....

i will mail u in the next days...maybe u like my idea...

koc

------------------
    Grey Wolves

Blue Eyed Samurai Senior Member Wishazu's Avatar

i thought the palaces upgraded honour for all units produced in the same province

------------------
    Move not unless you see an advantage; use not your toops unless there is something to be gained; fight not unless the position is critical......Sun Tzu the Art of War
    "Wishazu does his usual hero thing and slices all the zombies to death, wiping out yet another horde." - Askthepizzaguy, Resident Evil: Dark Falls

"Move not unless you see an advantage; use not your troops unless there is something to be gained; fight not unless the position is critical"
    Sun Tzu the Art of War

Blue eyes for our samurai
    Red blood for his sword
    Your ronin days are over
    For your home is now the Org
    By Gregoshi

Hi Kocmoc! I am working on the spreadsheet for the building requirements right now. The way it will work will be to post the spreadsheet info. on a webpage for everyone to see. Using this info. and a stated koku amount, they would build their buildings/army and then send the info. to one of us to check for accuracy. Then on a weekend night we could have a league or small tourney using the armies each person created. It would be an ongoing thing like a "saturday night fight" league and we could post the results for each weekends battles.
    Suicidal, the palace increases morale, which is different than honor and there is not a way to manipulate that in the multiplayer game, so I did not include those buildings in the info.
    PDoan8, the single player challenge would be played on your pc with you sending the saved game file at the point before you fight for your last province as proof of the year. As for cheaters, I am sure that there may be some out there, but if we worry about them, we will miss out on the fun of the challenge. I would ask that the winners send a description of their strategy in wiping out their opponents to help others who may be having problems winning at the game. It is up to everyone to decide if they will let the cheaters ruin their fun and if it is worth the effort of sending their game files to be posted in the top ten. I will be posting more once i have the info. all put together and posted on a webpage. The Uglys are going to test out the build/train concept to see if it works, then we will let everyone join in if they want to.

PS. Almost forgot, suicidal you may pick any unit you like to be your general in the battle.

[This message has been edited by ElmarkOFear (edited 05-18-2002).]

hi uglyduckly

feel free to adress our Great Khan to add him to your players list

please look here
    http://home-4.tiscali.nl/~t543201/we...ds-screens.htm

it shows some programming stuff on tencampaigntool which is succesfully used by aggonnydom in his campaign but also in teh Questing Contest...

good luck as well
    quote:I gallop messages around, dont track me I can bring war as well

Thnx Magyar! You have always been a great friend and I will be in touch with you soon. We would love to have you participate.