Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Patrician Available

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Lord Krazy @ Dec. 22 2002,20:43)]A roman unit posted on test page
    Test_More_Roman_Bits_Bobs.zip
    TEST_Lordz_Beta_Bif.zip

it's just for testing
    any problems let me know.
    I wont be here

LK
    Thanks LK, I have ideas for some additional units for the Barbarians such as Ubii Cav (German) Ubii Inf (German)
    Beserkers.. The Romans have more than enough units at their disposal altho German Cav would be nice since Julius Caesar used them effectively against Versingetorix.

I will be sending another update as soon as I can get the Patrician Campaign file balanced out. The modification I have presently seems to work realy good such as:
    Weakened the Macedonians by taking some provinces from them.
    Lowered the incomes in most provinces.
    Cranked up Rank tittles for most provinces for better AI Play.
    Gave the Patricians (Pope) Pope bahaviour less agressive on the original they get in the romans way too much.
    Balanced out Bahaviour for the Barbarians so they trade and such.
    Magistrate and Quaestor tittles on most provinces for hystorical accuracy as the Romans conquered them.
    Expert mode is extremely challenging for the Romans.
    Normal Mode is more tolerable and fun.
    Fixed the Mass rebellion crash and slowdown
    Updated Epic.Bif and sounds (Baby sound and event changed)
    And still working on it. When I am happy with the results I will upload it for those who are playing the mod.

I would apreciate any feedback on this mod since it is still in development stage. Thanks

Direct downloads link doesn't work. I assume every time you make a change we need to reload the mod. What is the correct link now?

Unhappy

Quote[/b] (barocca @ Dec. 22 2002,09:04)]Patrician compacted install and restore files now available,
    i only had time for one quick test,
    everything seems to work OK,

any bugs tell me asap,

direct downloads
    Only bug now is the link you gave us does not work..Also if I send you another update can you append it to the latest install file ??

(edited link by barocca)

Exclamation

Merry Xmas Everyone And a Happy New Year To all

Exclamation

I have just uploaded The Latest Patrician Update for those of you who have installed the mod and are playing it. When you look at the list in the following link look for TEST_KD_Patrician_Update Date 12-27-02 This file is identical to Baroccas I just uploaded it because some of you had trouble with the link he provided. This patch is to be installed over the Patrician mod installed in your game. You have a the choice of installing it on another folder if you like and then placing the files by hand or just allowing the patch to do it for you. DownLoad it here:

http://www.totalwar.org/Downloads/Mtw_Uploads/MTWbeta/

warning- plot loss in progress Senior Member barocca's Avatar
    (*disclaimer* - reality may or may not exist, in some societies reality is a crime, punishable by life)

Ok
    i fixed the link, i had put 3 forward slashes into the addy - doh

(scroll up - edited all pointers to the link)

Any more enhancements can be added very easily, send them on and i will update the mod

cheers
    barocca
    The winds that blows -
    ask them, which leaf on the tree
    will be next to go.

Hi there King David,

So is this mod available? Is it complete? Where can I pick it up? Do you need any help with it? It looks really interesting

Gilbert de Clare
    "Ad majoram Dei gloriam"

Quote[/b] (dclare4 @ Dec. 28 2002,08:56)]Hi there King David,

So is this mod available? Is it complete? Where can I pick it up? Do you need any help with it? It looks really interesting

Gilbert de Clare
    Yes You can download it from here:
    http://www.totalwar.org/Downloads/Mt...ads/MTWupload/
    There is also a Game Restore file that Barocca created for the mod.

Isn't she pretty in pink? Member Rosacrux's Avatar

David

I applied your mod, then I tried to apply the update... nope, doesn't work for me. It brings out that funny error message ("the following files does not match the file to be updated") for each and every file that is in the mod... is there something I am doing wrong?

I have installed the original mod without problems. The update I couldn't, though.

Thanks for the help and congras on your mod
    CHIEF HISTORIAN

(*disclaimer* - reality may or may not exist, in some societies reality is a crime, punishable by life)

The install and restore packs are the full bodied version, needing to be installed into a clean copy of medieval,
    The update is included in the packs,

I have just added a "beta" restore from 1.0 to original medieval,
    try that,
    then run install 1.1 and if any file still returns the
    "file does not match the file to be updated"
    error message let me know which, so i can "repair" the v1.0 restore file
    The winds that blows -
    will be next to go.

Hmm I installed everything ok, but it crashes to desktop as soon as a battle occurs.
    The Oner Order of Ommisions. http://oooo.freewebspace.com/

no problems here
    runs very nicely,

and absolutely love the roman unit types...

King David,
    here's a thought - make romans capable of building only
    roman units,
    peasants,
    light archers??(maybe they need a new unit type here?),
    a light cav type of some sort - (although i seem to get enough of these as mercs)
    and hiring mercenaries

The winds that blows -
    will be next to go.

Exclamation

Quote[/b] (Rosacrux @ Dec. 28 2002,15:54)]David

I applied your mod, then I tried to apply the update... nope, doesn't work for me. It brings out that funny error message ("the following files does not match the file to be updated") for each and every file that is in the mod... is there something I am doing wrong?

I have installed the original mod without problems. The update I couldn't, though.

Thanks for the help and congras on your mod
    Try installing the update patch to a different folder and then install by hand.

Quote[/b] (barocca @ Dec. 29 2002,09:59)]no problems here
    runs very nicely,

and absolutely love the roman unit types...

King David,
    here's a thought - make romans capable of building only
    roman units,
    peasants,
    light archers??(maybe they need a new unit type here?),
    a light cav type of some sort - (although i seem to get enough of these as mercs)
    and hiring mercenaries
    Thanks barocca, The Romans were not realy into cav until constantine but they used Auxiliaries (Mercs) for cav quite often. Julius Caesar hired German Ubii Cav for his campaigns in Gaul and beyond. I was thinking of doing that, making Ubii cav or if anyone would like to take a stab at it we will add it to the game.

Quote[/b] (chilliwilli @ Dec. 28 2002,21:40)]Hmm I installed everything ok, but it crashes to desktop as soon as a battle occurs.
    sounds like the unit icons. Try playing the mod with the original unit icons and see if it still crashes the game. I advice everyone who installs mods to backup their entire folder or copy the entire total war folder and then when there are problems you can simply remove the bad folder and copy from your backup. Do you have the patched version 1.1 of the game ? This mod was created using version 1.1 but try doing that with the unit icons. When I desigened the Roman unit icons i tested them extensively to avoid just that since the game is very picky about unit icon colors. Let me know how you manage.

Playing as Rome and i actually had a weird start to the game, ((and am quite wealthy at the moment)),
    the "itlaian" faction - (can't remember their new name) and the Patricians both attacked me straight out of the starting gate,
    so i elimanted the Patricians and having tremendous fun holding down their rebellions - i built Inn's everywhere and hire all the merc cav i can get my hands on, use them and the best merc troops i can hire get to harrass the re-emerging patricians in the opening stages of the battle, wearing them down as much as i can before i let my Regulars finish them off.
    (then immediately sack the mercs and start hiring all over again...)

The "italian" faction i conquered all the mainland holdings - now it's time to build some ships

- might i suggest here that the Romans NOT be capable of building barques? But have them build Dromons, Galleys and FireGalleys???
    The winds that blows -
    will be next to go.

Quote[/b] (barocca @ Dec. 29 2002,10:59)]Playing as Rome and i actually had a weird start to the game, ((and am quite wealthy at the moment)),
    the "itlaian" faction - (can't remember their new name) and the Patricians both attacked me straight out of the starting gate,
    so i elimanted the Patricians and having tremendous fun holding down their rebellions - i built Inn's everywhere and hire all the merc cav i can get my hands on, use them and the best merc troops i can hire get to harrass the re-emerging patricians in the opening stages of the battle, wearing them down as much as i can before i let my Regulars finish them off.
    (then immediately sack the mercs and start hiring all over again...)

The "italian" faction i conquered all the mainland holdings - now it's time to build some ships

- might i suggest here that the Romans NOT be capable of building barques? But have them build Dromons, Galleys and FireGalleys???
    Its a good idea to take over the whole italian peninsula and Venice early in the game. You did right by controling the patricians with a large Army in Rome. It does not always work that way tho, I tried that yesterday in a new campaign and they Darn near decimated me of course I like to play in expertmode. I agree about the Roman navy, I dint pay to much attention to the navy. Guess I think more like julius and less like pompeii...

Quote[/b] (chilliwilli @ Dec. 28 2002,21:40)]Hmm I installed everything ok, but it crashes to desktop as soon as a battle occurs.
    Unit sizes, in options,
    make sure you are using default unit sizes,

some of the Roman Units are oversized, i think the mod will still work for large unit sizes,
    but the game will CTD if you have huge unit size option...
    The winds that blows -
    will be next to go.

Quote[/b] (barocca @ Dec. 29 2002,16:43)]
    Unit sizes, in options,
    make sure you are using default unit sizes,

some of the Roman Units are oversized, i think the mod will still work for large unit sizes,
    but the game will CTD if you have huge unit size option...
    Very good point. The Roman Cav Equitum units are 200 in strength as well as some of my other Roman units. I had a huge battle against the Patricians at Rome yesterday. The AI managed to spawn lots of cav mostly Equitum douring after coming out of exile. It was a huge battle with over 4000 men on each side. Most of the battles in the Patrician mod will be big, especialy against the Gaul and the Rebells so if you have a slow poke PC tone the unit sizes down on your options. I have never had the crash to desktop problem, since i have over 320 megs of memory and 32 megs on the video card mem.

Exclamation

Anyone interested in trying out the Patrician mod, Please download it from here:
    http://www.totalwar.org/Downloads/Mt...ads/MTWupload/
    Barocca has included the latest updates to the install program as well as a Game restore file v1.1 being the latest. The above install file does not need to be updated since all updates will be sent to Barocca and he sill add them to the install program. Please provide me with some feed back on this thread so I can make adjustments and improvements to the mod. Thank you

Yep that was it I started off with one unit that had 240 troops. Thanks barocca.

Quote[/b] (chilliwilli @ Dec. 30 2002,13:50)]Yep that was it I started off with one unit that had 240 troops. Thanks barocca.
    you should do ok with 200..

This thing is great . I conquered the Pratrician a little to early though. Good Job

Quote[/b] (chilliwilli @ Dec. 30 2002,17:51)]This thing is great . I conquered the Pratrician a little to early though. Good Job
    I had no idea that the relationship between the Patricians and The Roman faction would be so chillingly similar to their hystorical relationship when i created Patrician. Succsesful Roman generals were often at odds with Roman Politicians. Its a good idea to hold on to Rome as long as you can. Incomes in Rome and The Roman Republic are high and the Patricians will do everything possible to take you off the game once the fighting begins. I had some cool battles against them the last couple days, they tend to spawn lots of cavalry Equitum units at 200 strength and some other cav unit.

I am working on another update to the Patrician Mod for those of you who are playing it and enjoying it. Here is what I have so far:

More Factions:
    Jews in palestine
    Brittons in Wessex
    Helvetians on the Alps
    Dacians Croatia
    Thracians around Hungary
    19 Playable factions in all
    Special Units: German Ubii Cavalry Available in German provinces and Mercenary unit (Julius Caesar Loved to use them) 200 strength exelent attack deffend all around skirmish
    I am working on Jewish Mercenaries The best Mercs in the world according to Cleopatra..
    German Ubii Infantry (Shock troops)
    Aueduan Cav and Infantry Gaul
    Scandian Bezerkers
    Parthian horse archers 200 per unit devastating missile troop
    Gallic Warriors Gaul
    Quinquereme for the roman navy

I could use some help with the unitprod11 file. Anyone who is familiar with it and interested let me know. I want to make roman units only available to Romans. I dint do it this time around because it caused problems. Whant peasants and Spearmen available only to the Barbarians.

Keep getting error when using self installer. CRC error....

Senior Member Senior Member Lord Krazy's Avatar

KD,
    Faction association is one thing
    Rebelling troop mix
    AI mix
    religion/culture
    are some of the areas you need to look at
    of the top of my head I can't remember the others
    I'll get back to you on this.
    LK

Exclamation

Barocca, New Portraits for the Barbarians and The Romans have been uploaded here:
    http://www.totalwar.org/Downloads/Mtw_Uploads/MTWbeta/
    For anyone interested in adding them to their game, they can be added by hand. This is not a self install. For barocca this would be an update to add to the existing selfinstall..Thank you and let me know how you all are faring with the mod.

Isn't she pretty in pink? Member Rosacrux's Avatar

King David, what about some Greek units? Hoplites, phalangites, Thessaly cavalry, Hetairoi cavalry, Cretan archers, Rhodian slingers etc. etc.?

If you are interested into working on it, I could provide you with stats suggestions and detailed descriptions, but that's about all I could do.
    CHIEF HISTORIAN

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast