Thread: Province specialty builds

Is there a resource that lists all the specialty builds in the provinces and lists what improvements are required?

I wish there was a way to bring up the tech tree in game to plan what to do. Is this something they are going to have in R:TW?

These titles are too shor Member TonkaToys's Avatar

Hey SirOsis, long time no see

Check out FrogBeastEgg's beginners guide... it links to a tech tree (bottom of the 4th paragraph in section 1.1 Useful Resources).

[Edited greeting after seeing how long you had been here]

Thanks for the link. I'd looked this over before and it isn't quite what I was looking for.

I did find what I was looking for though.

frostone's Region Guide

I also found frostbeastegg's Unit Guide PDF

This guide is the same as your link but in a very nice PDF format.

Senior Member Senior Member katank's Avatar

well, you can use gnome editor to see about all the unit and the valor bonuses are in the region advantage column and provides nice modding opportunities and can basically map out how each faction specializes in troops in that the AI does try to build towards the valour bonused troops.

Waiting to download frostone's region guide...and wondering: Does Gnome Editor list the unnamed region bonuses (undocumented province valour bonuses)?

I haven't used the Gnome Editor in many moons...
    Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. -Benjamin Franklin

gnome editor basically shows everything there possibly is to know regarding each unit so everything is shown.

the one from right clicking on the campaign map actually only shows the unit that's highest up in the gnome list if that province has multiple units giving valor bonuses.

instead of having to sift thru the file with gnome, here's the list (originally posted by someone else):
    Hidden bonus provinces
    Province Hidden valor bonus to
    Bulgaria Janissary Heavy Infantry
    Norway Huscarles
    Rum Ottoman Sipahi
    Tripoli Sipahi of the Porte and Boyars
    Syria Assassins(bonus after 1095 - Old Man of the Mountain event)
    Castile Grand Inquisitor

edit: i noticed berber camels are listed as having bonuses in algeria and morocco. Morocco mentions this in the prov description, but algeria doesn't. i ran a test and built a berber in algeria and it came out V0. anyone know why?

Obsequious and arrogant, clandestine and vain
    Two thousand years of misery, of torture in my name
    Hypocrisy made paramount, paranoia the law
    My name is called religion, sadistic, sacred whore

It seems that the game only take one value when it comes to combat bonuses. Building can not give more than one combat bonus (ie +1V and + 1W). Units can not have more than one advantage province (ie the case of Berber Camel). That are the 2 that I know for sure.

It's probably the reason (bug, dropped feature,...) that causes such hidden province bonus, since only one got listed.

@ motorhead, are the huscarles actually viking huscarles and not vikings for norway?

also, I believe there's another province for siphai and it doesn't make sense at all that boyars have a valor bonus in tripoli?

russian never made it to tripoli IIRC and that's the most farfetched valor bonus ever.

will check in gnome.

@katank - i found the source for the info i posted. It appears it was originally compiled from an older version of the FBE/Bushface MTW Info Pack. Probably best to just Gnome it.

... if i load the "default" files from Gnome (pre-VI) it does show Boyars with +V in tripoli, but not if i load my current version of unit_build (VI). So it may actually be valid for plain MTW.

@pdoan8 - the VI unit_prod files show ottoman sipahi ("EDESSA, RUM") and berber camels ("MOROCCO, ALGERIA") with two bonus valor provs, and IIRC, O.sipahi actually do get bonuses in both provs, just like it's listed in the game files, but berber camels don't. AND, the most recent version of the FBE/Bushface pack backs the two for O.sipahi, one for berbers. I'm very confused

Obsequious and arrogant, clandestine and vain
    Two thousand years of misery, of torture in my name
    Hypocrisy made paramount, paranoia the law
    My name is called religion, sadistic, sacred whore

I will try to check on that to night.

I checked gnome again and it seems boyars have no bonuses anywhere and siphai have rum and edessa bonuses.

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (katank @ June 06 2004,17:42)]siphai have rum and edessa bonuses.
    Can anybody confirm this is actually present in game (unlike the berber camels)?
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

I just play a quick Turk campaign in Late. I can confirm that Ottoman Sipahi only gets the province bonus in Edessa. NO BONUS IN RUM.

In Rum with Hourse Breeder Guild, unit has 0 valour.

In Edessa with Master Horse Breedeer, unit has 2 valours (1 from Master Horse Breeder, 1 from Province advantage)

I'll put a screen shot here when I get my Pagebuilder running again. I need to install Java.

Here is the screen shot. Unit on the left is from Rum. Unit on the right is from Edessa

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thanks for clearing that up, Pdoan8
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!