Thread: Views on allied armies

Reading another thread, I saw a reply from KocMoc where he mentioned team play. As in one picks cav the other picks infantry and both players command the army as one. This has to be a brilliant idea for even more fun online. Very few are able to field 'select' armies and get away with it. Some are masters of it.( I still wake up spinning around looking at MagyarKhans horses surrounding my hapless victims.)
    Any thoughts ? .......Orda

------------------
    " Send us your ambassadors and thus we shall judge whether you wish to be at peace with us or at war..if you make war on us the Everlasting God, who makes easy what was difficult and makes near what was far, knows that we know what our power is."

Senior Member Senior Member Boromir's Avatar

I believe that NoFearYamaga was way ahead of his time.
    He spent months creating a league with exactly that type of set-up.
    It was proper warfare.
    Unfortunately at the time (EARLY STW) people were too busy hunting for honour points and didnt see the genius of it.

Boromir...

Sven Goran-Eriksson is a very very very nice man

Nur-ad-Din Forum Administrator TosaInu's Avatar

Konnichiwa,

Even better, honorcaps were used and you had to include about 10 honor 2 YA in the army.

I've fought many of such battles together with Puzz3D.

We enjoyed it very much. Thank you very much Yamaga sama.

------------------
    Ja mata
    Toda MizuTosaInu
    Daimyo Takiyama Shi

http://www.takiyama.cjb.net
    Ja mata

TosaInu

Senior Member Senior Member BlackWatch McKenna's Avatar

This is how I play when my buddy is online.

One fellow is the Anvil - and the other the Hammer.

Of course, we are old school STW server - so we wont be seeing any of you nice folks around
    // Black

// "Did we win?"

I only ever played sp STW as I was not online back then. Surely we could arrange something along these lines if we mention when hosting 2v2? Would anyone be interested in giving it a try? From the replies it seems these games were very enjoyable.
    I'd love to have a go at this as it seems you would have to work as a team to gain success.......Orda
    How popular is oldSTW nowadays?

------------------
    " Send us your ambassadors and thus we shall judge whether you wish to be at peace with us or at war..if you make war on us the Everlasting God, who makes easy what was difficult and makes near what was far, knows that we know what our power is."

Yamaga, my good old friend - had some of the finest battles with him and his rules.

Old Shogun is still alive, clans like Insanes and Bear play a lot on it. I still give it a bang sometimes.

------------------
    Proud member of Clan Kenchikuka.
    evil is within us...

Senior Member Senior Member Vanya's Avatar

If you know your allies, this is feasible. There are only a few I could ever do this with...

I'd never try this with a 'stranger' as an ally... too risky. Although it never seems to stop 'them' from making stupid picks, and leaving me to look like the 'smart one' all alone like an idiot...
    [Sips sake, eats popcorn]