Thread: State of Multiplayer

I played some STW online just as the online focus was shifting to MI. I enjoyed my games, but I had a _really_ unreliable connection, which dampened my enthusiasm somewhat. Consequently I didn't get MI when it became the dominant version, particularly seeing as there was much angst at the time about armies of high honour ashis and guns.

I have popped into the forums and read a few threads from time to time, and some threads suggested the (2?) patches restored balance to the game. Yet glancing through the threads here tonight I still see people alluding to superashis and guns. So my question is what is the current state of MP; did the patches help or not? And how many players remain?

You see now I have dsl, and want to get some MP shogun in before Medieval comes out. If there is still a reasonable MP community for MI (or indeed original STW, which I already have) I will get it.

Senior Member Senior Member Krasturak's Avatar

Gah!

You will find players in noth MI and STW, playing multiplayer.

There are a lot of complaints about the sttructure of the unit selection in MI; mainly complaints about guns and 'super' ashi.

However, these complaints don't stop us from playing; you can find games hosted with friendly rules limiting the use of guns and ashis, or not, depending on your mood (or the hosts' moods).

Krast says: yes! come to MI and see for your self. But if you have STW already, why not go check that out first?

See if you like it.

Senior Member Senior Member NinjaKilla's Avatar

Having only just moved over to MI, I still maitain my opinion that STW is/was a better game. In STW, guns were set at a sensible level and the game speed meant that there was more opportunity for tactical variations. Having said that the increase in game speed has made the problem of lag less frequent - indeed to to an extent this has made the game more tactical because when STW got laggy it became almost impossible to surprise an opponent. Also, the obvious advantage with MI is that the server is busier and has a more character. Your call m8m both are good, do you have the cash?

------------------
    Clan Kenchikuka

RageMonsta

The idea of a second patch may have been my fault....I wrongly promoted what I thought might be a new patch....

Instead there will be new stats available when all the testing is complete and these will hopefully address the inbalances that are present at the moment.

There are still many great games/battles to be found on MI.....the issue about superashi and gun dominance can be ignored (to a point) but are often worth opening for dialog in a hope in improving the standard of the game....

complaints/comments/arguements are what help a game move forward (in most cases).

So join us on MI and try to find the section of the playing community that suits your needs.....theres something to be found for everybody.

Senior Member Senior Member LordTed's Avatar

Play MI I will be back after my exams....

Cheers for the responses guys.

If there are still people on the STW server I will check in there for a bit, but I'll get MI if it is too quiet for my tastes. Nothing more annoying than wanting to play MP and having noone to play.

I'm surprised the ashi/gun problem is still around after 2 patches though. I thought the honour upgrades were made more expensive? 2 patches must have altered some stuff, and every time I pop into these forums the ashi/gun thing seems to be the main point of contention.