Thread: Christian Daimyo\'s Emissary

I posted this on the tech forum last month and nobody had a clue so I'm doubtful anyone will here either but what the hell, nothing gained equals nothing lost (reverse that). Has anyone ever had a priest come to them on behalf of a Christian Daimyo for either an alliance or a cease-fire? Instead of the usual emissary pic (that pops up anytime someone wants an alliance/cease-fire with you), you get a pic with the daimyo greeting the Christian emissary with a sword instead of the typically present scroll. I saw a pic of this on a fan site but I have neverin the billion times I've played this game on every level encountered it! It is identical in every respect to the buddhist emissary wanting a truce/ceasefire save for the fact that the daimyo being greeted has a sword aimed at the Christian instead of a scroll. If anyone has ever encountered this rare in-game pic (which supposedly exists) pls let me know!!! >>> its bugged me for a long time...

There are two reasons that I have never seen that kind of in-game movie before:

1. I stick with buddhism. I have never tried to be Christian before and Christian Daimyo doesn't seem to like buddhist Daimyo.

2. By the time the Christian arrived, I was too deep into the conflict with my neibourghs. Every time I send an emissary to meet the Christian Daimyo, I get the emissary's head back. And I guess the other Daimyo wouldn't want to risk sending their priest.

Since, all of the AI Daimyo become Christian in all of the campaign I played, I think I should try to become Christian to see if I can view a different diplomatic movie.

Blue Eyed Samurai Senior Member Wishazu's Avatar

ive never seen it either...most of the ai in my game stay buddhist

------------------
    Move not unless you see an advantage; use not your toops unless there is something to be gained; fight not unless the position is critical......Sun Tzu the Art of War

[This message has been edited by SuicidalAibo (edited 05-25-2002).]
    "Wishazu does his usual hero thing and slices all the zombies to death, wiping out yet another horde." - Askthepizzaguy, Resident Evil: Dark Falls

"Move not unless you see an advantage; use not your troops unless there is something to be gained; fight not unless the position is critical"
    Sun Tzu the Art of War

Blue eyes for our samurai
    Red blood for his sword
    Your ronin days are over
    For your home is now the Org
    By Gregoshi

Its fun being Christian after one has mastered the game on all levels in an all or nothing fashion (no replaying lost battles by going back to a saved game, if you lose a battle or a key province you have to keep playing).After all, life without Buddhist monks is vicarious and when a Christian Daimyo becomes Shogun on the Expert level in an all or nothing campaingn >>> NOTHING BEATS THE RUSH!!! Just once though, I'd like to see a Christian emissary being greeted with a sword instead of a scroll like I saw on this fan site *sigh*

I never uses christianity (btw I am Christian )because I had always feared what will be in future (I feared Ikko-Ikki rebels )