Thread: Continuos bombardment of viruses

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Our Khans box is constantly bombarded with virusinfected files. The titles being used to make us open it are of all sorts and most use the name of online known players. Ofcourse my Khan aint a fool enough to think these playersnames in the title is the one who is trying to disrupt the Khans system.

I dont know who is creating/doing this but if its from within the community than i have to ask to stop this.

It is known within the GWIS that some spoiled members are searching for the secrets of hacking and cracking but trying to disrupt other people computers aint ..... (fill in yourself)

For the extreme smart ones I have still some of these files available for further analyses.
    quote:I gallop messages around, dont track me I can bring war as well

I have been receiving klez-h worm all the time lately. Things seemed to have calmed down. I was receiving them in my ISP's inbox.
    These kind of worms just send itself to everyone in your mailing list if you are infected without u knowing that an e-mail witht he worm has been e-mailed to all your online mates!

------------------
    I cannot return l presume so l will keep my name among those who are dead by bows!
    I cannot return l presume so l will keep my name among those who are dead by bows!
    http://www.dedicatedgaming.com/~angelsofdarkness

Senior Member Senior Member Krasturak's Avatar

Krast has encountered this effect too.

It is W32.Kelz.H@mm

Please read this for more information:
    http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/ven...klez.h@mm.html

gah

I receive such a virus each day or so...luckily my Norton AV detects it.

ALL - Get an anti-virus and download Norton's anti-WinKlez utility found on the link Krast posted.

Tera.

------------------
    Proud member of Clan Kenchikuka.
    evil is within us...

Senior Member Senior Member Kas's Avatar

It's raining Klez...about 5-10 each day.

Kas
    On Steam: Kas

JoJoSan, can you forgive me?

Have also received much of them, with some shogun player names.
    But don’t believe them part of it as think one of names is very honourable person.
    There is a time to turn away. A time to return, and a time to fight

Block the sender lol

------------------
    http://www.dedicatedgaming.com/~angelsofdarkness

The Klez virus mails bear return email address taken at random by the vrius from the sender's address book (and other files on his compputer).

Please read about the virus ... Krast posted link to Norton description page above.

Senior Member Senior Member Erado San's Avatar

The virus comes as an attachment and is destructive when opened in Outlook (Express). It eats its way into executables and progressively ruins your installation.
    The e-mails I have received were sent by fake senders, mostly with names of members of this community. I received one from elmarkoffear with the attachment. Yesterday I received three more of them.

I backed up my entire system and let the virus do its work afterwards. Then I tried to solve the problems with a number of virus protectors.

In the mails I received there were three different versions of the named virus. All were recognised by Norton AntiVirus and E-Trust from Computer Associates. These were both able to repair the infected files. McAfee detected them, but could only quarantaine or delete the infected files and not repair them.

I advise you to keep your virusprotection up to date and download the latest virus definitions.

Also, problems can be avoided by either using web based mail, or disabling the preview pane in Outlook (Express). Delete sustpect mails on sight. Better to miss one valid mail than your entire system.
    A voice from the past is heard in the lands...

RageMonsta

Just been hit by it..got a mail from 'mock god'....had a 'map' attachment on it.

deleted the damn thing..anyway whats strange is not many of the players have my home e-mail.so they can either get it some how or it is a well known person who plays or who played at one time....

of course it could just have been a map from a player but at the moment nothing gets opened.

lol
    I am great

Does the sender use whoever he claims to be e-mail address or does he say in the e-mail that he is that person. I might know the culprit unless someone has used his e-mail address tos end it for that he would need his psw.
    I am great

mock god, huh? I know who that is but he doesnt play anymore, but it could be him. Not sure
    A surprise is in the future

The virus falsifies the sender.

That's why it is difficult to track who it is.

Please take steps to protect your computer ...

... if it's yours that's infected, you'll find out before too long. This virus is destructive and will consume your data.

I think maybe best bet is to;

1/ Change email address ?
    2/ Dont give ur email addy out
    3/ Or let ur close M8 have it or ppl u can Trustdid i say trust...lol
    3/Or dont open any email ur not sure about...

Why ppl do this i just dont know..Sometimes i think they r hired by the virus companies..to cause a stir for ppl to run out and by there software IMO

i have recieved them also i have got 6 in the past 2 days 2 of them are from people who play shogun the other 4 were from adress i dont no off there head lines are:
    class
    darling
    a special nice game
    those are the 3 names i got from 6 people wondor whos sending them ?

------------------
    CRUSH,KILL,ANNOY!!!!!!!
    CRUSH,KILL,ANNOY!!!!!!!

Well Fast that would mean discarde my ORG email-account and change ISP (the best one in Malta). Not really what I want :/

Tera.

------------------
    Proud member of Clan Kenchikuka.
    evil is within us...