Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MTW Economics 101

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Daveybaby @ May 17 2004,11:16)]Okay, so: can someone tell me where in vikings_unit_prod.xls (or in any other file) it tells you whether a unit is available in the Viking Campaign, the main campaign E/H/L, or both?
    If a unit has no building requirements in the viking_unit_prod, it is not trainable in viking campaign.

yeah, gotta look out for the building requirements stuff, i had to mod through some of it before
    pillage, plunder, burn...

BLEEEE! Senior Member Daveybaby's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (cutepuppy @ May 17 2004,04:21)]If a unit has no building requirements in the viking_unit_prod, it is not trainable in viking campaign.
    Okay, i can see that - but how do i tell which units are buildable in the viking campaign, but NOT buildable in the main medieval campaign? I cant see anything in unit_prod or build prod which indicates this.

you actually need to look at the separate crusader_unit_prod and viking_unit_prod files (get the gnome editor). It looks like the devs just copied the crusader file onto the viking file then editted it.

- In the viking file, a buildable unit in the viking era needs both a building requirement and a faction. A bunch of medieval only units are listed in the viking_unit_prod file as ALL FACTIONS but have no build requirements (like siege cannons), so they're not buildable. Basically, it looks like the files were just slapped together and lots of garbage was left in them.

Obsequious and arrogant, clandestine and vain
    Two thousand years of misery, of torture in my name
    Hypocrisy made paramount, paranoia the law
    My name is called religion, sadistic, sacred whore

Senior Member Senior Member katank's Avatar

yep, make sure the units have a build reqs column which is 17 IIRC.

BLEEEE! Senior Member Daveybaby's Avatar

Okay, me very stupid.

I'd assumed (not unreasonably IMO) that the vikings_unit_prod.xls file was used by both the vikings campaign and in the Early/High/Late campaigns - because, like, ALL OF THE OTHER UNITS ARE IN THERE Assumed that crusader_prod was made redundant. Stupid. Duh.

Senior Member Senior Member RedKnight's Avatar

Hey cutepuppy, and anybody else who's been trying to pin down the income equations -

There's a lingering question of whether, when the king gets Steward, he truly adds 10% farm income, or is it divided by 5, like his acumen feathers. (Each king feather adds 2% to all provinces' income, but gov's feathers add 10%.)

I just had a game where my king got Steward, and I had a savegame from the turn before. So I carefully compared income from eight regions with high farm income, before and after. I made sure there were no changes in my governors or building levels, or any other change in my king. And fortunately my sea trade network stayed exactly the same that turn, so trade-building income served as an excellent control that no other wide-ranging effect happened (they all stayed exactly the same).

All eight provinces saw their farm income go up by an average of 9.1% (9.087%; range: 8.992-9.213; only one was below 9). So, indeed it is (almost) 10%.

I wonder if the approx. 0.9% less than 10%, tells us a little more about the equation? Although I can't think right off hand, what it might be saying. Interesting that it's almost 10% less than 10%. Maybe it's just an unfortunate big rounding happening in some step of the equations.

Daveybaby, thanks for those support cost numbers... I had rung them up too. All those you list, are 0.38 florins/man for support costs. It's interesting that all the higher level archers are 0.38/man, but not archers themselves (0.50/man). Also I just noticed to my amazement that the Swiss Pikemen that I just captured, are 0.50/man... I'll take it.

It can be useful to see the initial per-man costs, for a listing like that... peasants take the cake at 0.50/man, and the higher-tech units cost more. GHWs are highest at 5.0/man; interestingly the second highest is both pavise and regular arbies, at 0.42/man (shields are free hmm... except for building costs).

All these units (same as DFabeyBaby's, except no VI units) are 0.38/man for support costs... This shows production cost/man, production cost, and number of men... I'm currently cranking out woodsmen where I can instead of peasants, as peacekeepers...

Golden Horde Warriors 5.0 300 60
    Arbalester 4.2 250 60
    Pavise Arbalests 4.2 250 60
    Crossbows 3.3 200 60
    Pavise Crossbows 3.3 200 60
    Arquebusiers 2.9 175 60
    Gallowglasses 2.9 175 60
    Kerns 2.1 125 60
    Highland Clansmen 1.7 100 60
    Nubian Spearmen 1.5 150 100
    Woodsmen 1.3 75 60
    Peasants 0.5 50 100
    Peasants (Muslim) 0.5 50 100

Moving this topic to the Guides forum.

Request: does anyone want to volunteer to wade through this topic to organize and summarize all the information in this topic? It is a big job, but all will benefit from having everything together in one place.
    This space intentionally left blank

Will do Greg. Might take a while though with school and all

Now ah_dut has kindly condensed this into a new topic I'll send this one back to the EH to prevent confusion.
    Frogbeastegg's Guide to Total War: Shogun II. Please note that the guide is not up-to-date for the latest patch.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123