Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MTW economics 101 condensed edition

Default Re: MTW economics 101 condensed edition

Excellent guide, I wasnt sure if different trade resources got better income till now.
    MTW economy pretty much is all about trade, the most money i got in a game was like 300k and most of it was from trade.
    But trade can be risky if you pick war with the wrong people. Like Italy because they usually pack a big fleet which can sink your profits pretty easy.

Just some small points for a great thread.
    The farther your ships are from your nearest port, the more you pay in support costs. It maxes out at 4 times the normal cost per ship, so its not a great deal, but it adds up. Thus, control of an island port here and there will save you some florins and shouldn't be a burden on your military. Also, the support cost of the smallest ship is greater than the next largest, so you can again save on expenses if you don't seed the world's waters with Barques or Dhows, but wait to tech up first. (Some Mods may change this.)
    Sometimes good people must kill bad people to protect the rest of the people.

yeah, trade is great.
    at the very start only things i build are ships, traders and inns. mercenary armies of strong units nobody among enemies can create do expansion while trade is growing. after 15-20 years i have a highest income and best provinces in my own.

sorry for my english (:

He Who Must Have More Mods Member Gray's Avatar

Default Goods

Hi, nice thread...
    Could anyone please specify the cash value of each type of goods?
    I mean, I want to be able to calculate the trade revenue of a province before I decide of conquering it.

And another question,
    How much does the level of acumen affect the province?

I see the thread wasn’t discussed lately,
    I hope there is someone active to help me.
    Thx.
    "Never interuppet an enemy when he is making a mistake" ; Napoleon Bouneparte

Camel Lord Senior Member Capture The Flag Champion Martok's Avatar
    In my own little world....but it's okay, they know me there.

Default Re: Goods

Quote Originally Posted by Gray
    Hi, nice thread...
    Could anyone please specify the cash value of each type of goods?
    I mean, I want to be able to calculate the trade revenue of a province before I decide of conquering it.
    I'm not sure anyone's really calculated the exact value of each trade good, although you can probably locate (and edit, if you wish) that information in the files somewhere.

I *can* tell you, however, that the value of trade goods matters far less than the location of the provinces in which they're produced. Provinces with coastlines (and can therefore build ports) have a far greater potential trade income than landlocked provinces -- a coastal province with 1 trade good is generally going to make you far more money than a landlocked province with 3 trade goods -- so that's really what you want to look for.

It's a big reason why the Egyptians can make so much money. So long as they hold Egypt, Antioch, & Tripoli (all coastal provinces with trade goods), they retain the ability to earn enormous wealth from trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray
    And another question,
    How much does the level of acumen affect the province?

I see the thread wasn’t discussed lately,
    I hope there is someone active to help me.
    Thx.
    A governor increases his province's income by roughly 8% for each point of acumen he possesses (e.g., a governor with 5 acumen will increase his province's income by about 40%). Kings and state officials (Grand Chamberlain, Qadi al Quda, etc.) will increase the income of all your faction's provinces, but to a lesser degree -- I believe they increase income by around 2-3% per point of acumen.
    "MTW is not a game, it's a way of life." -- drone

mines
    mines take 12 years to pay off complexes take 22

trade resource value (trading post 100% merchant 120% guold 140% master 160%
    glassware 40, wood 20, furs 40, wine 40, wool 30, silk 40, cotton 30, linen 30, wax 20, honey 40, salt 20, hides 30, butter 20, pottery 30, fish 20, spices 50, gems 50, sugar 40, dyes 50, ivory 40, olive oil 30, grain 30. #This tells you why Antioch, with its gems, spices and silks, is so profitable

thats the economic section of my compilation of stuff i like to know that iver collected from the net

also if you go to the economic parchment (the button with the gold coins) and left click a provinces name it tells you what its trading and where so you can estimate it from there

to change the values go to C:\Program Files\Total War\Medieval - Total War\campmap\startpos and search for this line "Declare the tradable goods for this campaign."

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: Goods

Quote Originally Posted by Martok
    Kings and state officials (Grand Chamberlain, Qadi al Quda, etc.) will increase the income of all your faction's provinces, but to a lesser degree -- I believe they increase income by around 2-3% per point of acumen.
    I hate to correct you, but according to the guide it's 10% for governors and 2% for Kings. I used to think that chamberlains etc. also had an effect, but IIRC someone tested it and found it was not the case.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Quote Originally Posted by Ludens
    I hate to correct you, but according to the guide it's 10% for governors and 2% for Kings. I used to think that chamberlains etc. also had an effect, but IIRC someone tested it and found it was not the case.
    I've tested these things as well, and those were the numbers I came up with. It's admittedly been a while since I last did this, however -- probably 2 or 3 years ago -- so I won't claim to be absolutely certain of my figures.

Misanthropos Member I of the Storm's Avatar

I hope it hasn't been mentioned yet:
    The Chamberlain (actually all the global titles with acumen) title will give a huge benefit if you give it to the holder of a province title. Ideally, if you're after more money, your highest acumen official should hold both the title of your richest province and of Chancellor/Chamberlain or whatever boosts his acumen further (no additional use if he's at 9 already though). This way he will raise the income of that province, sometimes dramatically. It might net you more this way.

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: Goods

Quote Originally Posted by Martok
    I've tested these things as well, and those were the numbers I came up with. It's admittedly been a while since I last did this, however -- probably 2 or 3 years ago -- so I won't claim to be absolutely certain of my figures.
    I guess I was wrong then. My apologies for falsely correcting you.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Quote Originally Posted by Ludens
    I guess I was wrong then. My apologies for falsely correcting you.
    No need to apologize, mate.

Besides which, I think you may be right about state officials not having a kingdom-wide effect. Given that, I think I may go back and test *all* my numbers again, just to be sure they are in fact correct.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123