Thread: A preview of my war story!

Yorkist Senior Member NagatsukaShumi's Avatar

Chapter 1-A simple farmer in Sado

I am but a simple man, I work on my fathers rice farm in Sado, an island just off of the extreme east of Japan. Life has been peaceful here for many years, the Daimyo's have been on relitively good terms with each other and our lands are ruled by the Ashkiga Shogunate. My name is.........my name is not important, but what is important is the current rumour going around that a war is on the horizon, a war that would consequently change mine, and everybodies lives forever.......

Voice-Ikoma! Wake up Ikoma!

Ikoma-Huh?

I woke from a deep sleep, my father stood over me, I was sweating, I felt cold, a chill wriggled it's way up my spine

Father-You had another dream I presume

Ikoma-What does it matter father? They are just horrible figments of my imagination, I feel like death has pointed it's finger at me everytime i have them...

Father-Ikoma, you know why you get them...

Ikoma-Father please stop it with your idea's, I am not.....

Father-Ikoma! They aren't my idea's, it is part of the of our entire clans beliefs, you know that.

Ikoma-But me? I am a farmer, a simple farmer, I live on a small island, I haven't any links to anyone of national importance

Father-Ikoma, none of that matters, you know the prophecy

Ikoma-But me..........a Messiah? How will help everyone? What do I have? I have no qualities...

Father-Ikoma, don't stress over it, it'll happen in it's own way, fate will come true, and your fate is to be our Messiah. But forget about that my son. Listen, go to your mothers grave in the opening of the woods, the walk will take your mind off things, and I'm sure your mother will enjoy seeing you.

Ikoma-Ok father....

I got up from my bed, my body ached, I hadn't moved much in my sleep, but these dreams do this to me, they give me crap in my limbs, they turn me into cold sweats, it's like I'm living a nightmare. I made my way to the door, I took my Katana, or as it has been named by many, God's Blade, but that name was only grafted into it after my branding of "Messiah". Allow, I must admit, this sword is maginificent, my father bought it for my on my fourth birthday, of coarse I knew nothing of its use, but my father just smiled as I stared into the blade. As I grew older I was trained in the art of Bushido, I was trained the way of the Samurai, then the blade finally meant something to me. The blade itself is many sheet of metal folded over one another to provide supreme strength, but this blade seemed to posess strengths of unspeakable levels, my father says it's because I'm the Messiah, the man who will bring peace to the nation of Japan, but I deny to believe this, there is no war, there is already peace. My sword nowadays is used for protection against bandits or ronin, I have no other use for it. I stepped outside the door, a cool blast of air blew into my face. Spittles of rain were falling from the grey sky, a storm is on the way. I hurried up the hill, as I quickened my pace the raindrops grew in intensity, it seemed like I was running into a storm of arrows instead of water. I finally reached my mothers grave, it wasn't anything special, just a pile of stones in a clearing in the woods, but it was special to me, my mother always held a place in my heart, she always got me up when i was down, she did what mothers are meant to and a whole lot more, of coarse my father means a hell of alot to me, but he's still alive, I've always noticed I've always appreciated people more when they aren't around anymore.

Ikoma-Fathers still talking about me been the Messiah, I can see your face now, the laughter, you knew he stood up for what he believed in, but found it funny that he thought a simple farmers boy is the Messiah

I laughed, me and my mother always found my fathers persistence to his beliefs funny, we always did. Suddenly a flash appeared from where I just walked, it came from the village. The rain began to pour down even more profusely than before, then a horrible shreak of pain shook through the woods, I stood there for a moment trying to figure out the direction from which it came. It had come from my village, or atleast the direction of it. I started to walk quickly towards the screaming, I came out from the woods, and my eyes were filled with an image not even the scariest of horror movies can dipict, I was witnessing a mass slughter, some sort of army was attacking my village, but why? My village is a town full of pennyless farmers, surely they weren't attacking us for money? I stood atop the hill staring down on the carnage, which would eventually become an everyday thing...... Sudenly I heard the footsteps of a horse appraoching, it's hooves pressing into the soft earth, I turned round, the eyes of a killer blaring back from the helmet. I stood there for a while just staring at him, I wasn't scared, I was just frozen with the whole shock of it all. The man kicked the horse with the heel of his boot, this immediately sprung it into action, it thundered down the hill, I did the only thing I could do....and that was run
    RIP TosaInu
    Ja Mata

nice story!
    Well Shogun will be the last Total War game for James unless he gets a PC - monkian

Goats will be the death of you.

Nice story !!
    Now you absolutely have to continue !!!!!

Yorkist Senior Member NagatsukaShumi's Avatar

lol Jesus, this one was posted a while ago. Anyway, my War Story got deleted when my computer crashed, but thankfully you've resurrected the tiny beginning bit so now I cna continue so thanks
    RIP TosaInu
    Ja Mata

np m8 i think you should continue
    Well Shogun will be the last Total War game for James unless he gets a PC - monkian

Goats will be the death of you.

Yeah good story...

However allow me to suggest a few things beeing corrected.

1)Correct all spellings, I know it might sound like a lot, but it can annoy people. Just use a spell check at the comp.

2) I do not know if it is the inttention, but I do not think a savoir was called a messiah in Japan ? And keep the christianity out, such as "God's Blade".

3) Do not express you in modern setences such as "hell of alot to me", use more old time expressions.

But I am really looking forward to read the story !

------------------
    "-Know your self, know your enemy and your victory will be painless.
    -Know the weather, know the terrain and your victory will be complete."
    -Sun Tzu(Wu), The Art of War.
    Common Unreflected Drinking Only Smartens

Very good story, Nagatsuka!

I too am looking forward to read the coming chapters of your war-story!
    We need more stories in here!
    Good to see that we there are people out there who are capable of writing good stories.

yours Jemasze

Good story....
    **Takenda Clan member**

This comment is witty! Senior Member LittleGrizzly's Avatar

u gonna continue it ????????

p.s i love it so far
    In remembrance of our great Admin Tosa Inu, A tireless worker with the patience of a saint. As long as I live I will not forget you. Thank you for everything!