Thread: Glorious Achievement - lessons anyone?

I am playing the Egyptians in Glorious achievment on expert. I have restarted a couple of times. Once when proceeding nicely I ran out of heirs - grrrrr.
    Next time the poles were too strong to combat.
    I have restarted early and am behind the poles. Is the best way to conquer my provinces and build what they want? Can I lose the poles points by conquering some of their home provinces??
    Skippio Australianus

You can't lose points in GA mode, you can only stop factions from aquiring them as quickly.

Taking some provinces from the polish will diminish how many points they get for either conquest or homelands.

Killing off a faction will reset their points to zero when they re-emerge. If you've got Viking Invasion then you can build 5* assasins in syria with a fortress and fully upgraded tavern.
    "What the hammer? what the chain?
    In what furnace was thy brain?"

Senior Member Senior Member katank's Avatar

you can raid their homelands at the time for point counting and thus reduce their point count.

wiping them out would also reset them to zero although this means a possible reemergence to deal with as you will most likely not want to keep the lands in being counter to the spirit of the GA game.

assasins are best and so are Imams etc. to start rebellions.

Or you can simply wipe out the faction (through assaination or conquest) :P, even if they reemerge they start with 0 point again.

I suggest doing this a bit late in the game as you can wipe out a hundred points or so off of them whereas if they reemerged early, they could get enormous armies and conquer a lot and possibly recover.

Or do it constantly. The map can get really funky if you do (france and england re-appearing in the holy land).
    "What the hammer? what the chain?
    In what furnace was thy brain?"

LOL constantly? isn't that a bit against the principles of a GA game?

shouldn't surgical operations such as raiding homelands be the limit vs. the destruction of an entire faction repeatedly?

Senior Member Senior Member gaijinalways's Avatar

Actually GA games for me are similar to total domination games except that I am less worried about any rush to take territory. I am currently doing a BYZ campaign(early, expert) and am up to 1271. I have a good chunk of Europe and the dessert areas East of Constinople. I mostly have used spy rushes and teching up my troops with some merc additions. Currently, I am at war with almost everyone except the Pope and the Hungarians (I attacked the Spanish and the French to kick down their points, whereas the Germans decided to attack me for some strange reason, even though I seemed to be helping their situation by getting ares to rebel that they sometimes scooped up).

So farming is holding up my economy (trade, what's that?), and I keep taking some areas to increase my points, but also remember that the point counting is done in certain years, so that you can sometimes take a territory just before the tally year, and then later dump it if it doesn't fit in with your expansion/frontier defense plans.

that's called raiding.

just hit on the tally years and pull out.

the AI loves to pull back and attack the next year so you can do this easily.

how did you get spy rush working?

never works for me in VI any more