Thread: 1530 oda

I have played 1530 oda on normal 3 times now, and the first time I got well-established but then Shimazu started to kill me with its horde just as I was killing Uesugi, so I restarted, and then the warrior monks in Ise killed me in Owari after I had bribed a few of the cheaper armies and taken Mikawa and Totomi, and the third time was the same as the second. (how about that for a run-on) What do I do?
    My motto: Be sharp, not
    well-rounded.

Senior Member Senior Member Dionysus9's Avatar

Well, I started playing this one to see what happened and it is a bit of a tought start, but should be manageable. I think the trick is to take your time, build up your Owari farmland to 60% boost while you crank out ashi and archers (50% each). A garrison of 120-160 per province seems to keep away attackers, and an attack with 500-600 troops generally pushes back the rebel armies without a fight.

Just build up a nice fat army of ashi and archers while you increase the profitability of your farmland in your home province, and then go on a rampage.

Hope it works for you as well as it did for me!
    Hunter_Bachus

Autocrat Member Vlad The Impaler's Avatar

hello Alstair-san

starting with Oda in any year means that u should consolidate first the central part of Japan and go for Yamashiro; Mikawa or Totomi arent primary tagets cause they are not so rich ( although Totomi got one honour plus to archers this could be very useful ); but i think u must conquer Omi and Mino-rich provinces-and than go for Ise .and this u should do during what Dionysus9 very well pointed ( build up Owari and make big armies of archers and ashis and maintain garissons in the already conquerd provinces )
    i think is essential to maintain a balance since u got two fronts fighting with Oda
    have fun and go for expert level !
    Tough Times Don't Last. Tough People Do. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. [Mark Twain]