Thread: some re-play thoughts

War Story Recorder Senior Member Maltz's Avatar

Recently I got some free time and re-installed STW (warlord) - still the best game I've played in recent years.

Now I am playing some 120 men expert campaigns. It is really nice to see more than 3000 soldiers collide on the battlefield under versatile tactics.

Maybe I will hand pick some interesting battles and post some short battle stories, too.

I am sorry the old Shimazu story could not be continued as my old HD stopped spinning last winter. Too bad there were some magnificent battles I wish to tell. And Shoni Sukemoto actually died in the final match

Question: I downloaded and installed patch 1.03. I heard there are some new bugs associated with this patch. Could anybody kindly point out?

Hey Maltz i enjoy ur stories very much
    Would of been nice to view and read some more while the server was down
    Hope u do post some soon!

the goldfish Senior Member tootee's Avatar

Welcome back Maltz. Just to be sure, 1.03 is not an official patch. Its is an attempted by a group online veterans for better gameplay in MP.

------------------
    tootee the goldfish,
    headmaster of Shogun-Academy
    ------------------
    tootee the goldfish,
    loyal roach of Clan S.G.

Senior Member Senior Member Cheetah's Avatar

If you join a 1.02 game with 1.03 stats it wont give you a "version mismatch" warning message but will dropp you before deployment. Perhaps this is the "bug" you refer to. So, ask before each battle which stats are used.
    Lional of Cornwall
    proud member of the Round Table Knights

"If you wish to weaken the enemy's sword, move first, fly in and cut!" - Ueshiba Morihei O-Sensei

War Story Recorder Senior Member Maltz's Avatar

Thank you.

I just discovered one old bug left un-fixed: mysteriously down-ranked enemy daimyo. Ah who cares.

I feel very flattered and grateful that there are folks really remembered my war stories...

If you are fans of 'Oda Nobunaga's Ambition Series', you will probably recognize some imported character portray from Nobu8/9 to the new war stories. These character portrays really look cool

Maltz,

The v1.03 is not a patch. It's an alternate stat to rebalance the units for online play. It won't work well in single player campaign because the yari ashigaru were weakened.

MizuYuuki~~~

_________Designed to match Original STW gameplay.

Beta 8 + Beta 8.1 patch + New Maps + Sound add-on + Castles 2