Thread: Great Kahn? Pfah!

Great Kahn... dont make me laugh,
    send me more loot and I'll send you more troops he says,they'll be fine and strong troops he says...

after a while I stopped receiving reinforcements, even though I had send some 50000 or so koku , now the Hojo clan is taking back land an I'm stuck with a few large armies on the wrong side of the map

Does Khan stop sending armies or is this a bug? Or is he just saving up for a nuclear missile ?...
    Abandon all hope.

I have had this happen with the diff set on expert. It took the great lord 10 years to get off his ass and send me troops. But when they arrived.... HC & TB !!!

I already own most of Japan, Hojo just made a break for it and conquered back a large amount of land (poorly defended since I needed all troops on offence) I'm guessing he hasnt sent me any troops in over 20 years or so..

I already have every troop available to the Mongol horde...

HC rip through EVERYTHING... as well as LC
    Abandon all hope.

As long as you can keep the peace in the conquered lands you're fine. To be honest the endgame with Mongols is pretty crappy as your elite troops kill troublesome rebellions. Plus the Mongol end movie is really sneery.

Never laugh at the old when they offer counsel,
    Often their words are wise:
    From shriveled skin, from scraggy things

That hand among the hides
    And move amid the guts,
    Clear words often come.

http://asatru.org/havamal.html

Senior Member Senior Member Dionysus9's Avatar

Think of this effect as a simulation of the Kamikaze, the divine wind, that saved Japan from the landing invasion of the Hordes to begin with.

Just pretend your reinforcements got wiped out in a big tsunami or storm or something-- it did happen after all.
    Hunter_Bachus

I suppose u mean the Great Khan in teh SP mode of the game....
    quote:I gallop messages around, dont track me I can bring war as well

Yup ,Singleplayer, I moved around and now my main force is on the other side, I've got Hojo boxed in but he broke through a patheticly weak area and reached the not defended backlands
    Abandon all hope.

Generally I find the reinforcements dry up twice during the game for long periods... the first is about when I have conquered Kyushu, Shikoku, and a few provinces at the tip of Honshu. This delay is not long, a few years, but long enough to pacify my conquests.

The next wave of reinforcements takes me to Yamashiro, where I must wait again a few years on the defensive, occasionally nipping the larger Hojo armies in the bud, and slowly taking territory as the rear areas are pacified.

Finally a huge wave of reinforcements arrives, and when they march to the front, the conqest of all the Japans is assured.

Not having ports is a bit of a bitch. Just remember to hang back with a rebel crushing army, and after you pass Yamashiro, expect to lose a few garrisons to Buddhist revolts (the Mongol troops convert, for some reason...).

Basically the Mongol campaign, even on Expert, is quite easy, so long as you remember to garrison your rear areas and don't overextend... and kill the Hojo Daimyo every opportunity you get!

The real nailbiter is trying to survive as the Hojo... that's some fun!

Hehe.........Orda

------------------
    " Send us your ambassadors and thus we shall judge whether you wish to be at peace with us or at war..if you make war on us the Everlasting God, who makes easy what was difficult and makes near what was far, knows that we know what our power is."

I already killed "Lord Hojo" 4 times in battle! He must have a legion of heirs...

but Do Reinforcements stop coming after a really long while or not ?

Thanks,

Mithrandir.
    Abandon all hope.

Quote Originally posted by Mithrandir:
    I already killed "Lord Hojo" 4 times in battle! He must have a legion of heirs...

Thanks,

Mithrandir.
    [/QUOTE]

same question!

------------------
    "It's better to let the enemy alive as to kill it ... To TORTURE it!"
    It's better to let the enemy alive as to kill it ... To TORTURE it

Quote Originally posted by Mithrandir:

Thanks,

Mithrandir.
    [/QUOTE]

same question!

------------------
    "It's better to let the enemy alive as to kill it ... To TORTURE it!"
    It's better to let the enemy alive as to kill it ... To TORTURE it

Quote Originally posted by CeltiberoSkullXIII:
    same question!

[/QUOTE]

good question Skull!

please... anyone tested this ?
    someone of the STW WE school/university/whatever?
    Abandon all hope.

yea, must've been saving up for a nuke...

ANYONE ??
    Abandon all hope.

Must be some nuke...
    Abandon all hope.

Whoops!!

Yes I think after the last wave of reinforcements you may not get anymore. I'm thinking you should have won by then, though

Seriously, play as Hojo instead.

smell the glove Senior Member Major Robert Dump's Avatar

Have you ever played an Hojo in the campaign?
    They breed like rabbits!
    Baby Quit Your Cryin' Put Your Clown Britches On!!!

Which campaign, the 1530 Sengoku campaign or the Mongol Invasion?

For the Mongol Invasion the problem is not so much production as concentrating enough troops at the right point to start whittling down the invasion forces.

I managed to stop them before Yamashiro (using river crossings and mountain provinces) but it was really touch and go, and I think there are two invasions that occur behind that line, and those caused me near fatal difficulties before I wore them down.

Thanks god the AI is useless at fighting pitched battles, since the Mongol troops are generally quite superior to Japanese, and QUITE numerous.

Anyway, it is MUCH tougher than playing any of the clans in the 1530 game or the Mongols.