Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: The Siskinies

Hello,

I'd like to help you, but I have got no experience in modding. I have sometimes looked into the txt files of MTW to chance any Parameter but thats all.

If I can help you anyway let me know. If not, it would be no problem.

Here is my Email-address: mzocker@gmx.net

I would love to help Beta test HTW. I play the current version but I also Beta Test for NTW and as I have plenty of time. My Msn is sporle@msn.com
    It's the taking part that counts.

All testers have some more patience please i will respond to you all but only when testing will start effectively than i will contact you....thanks all.We are working hard but want to deliver a good and finished product that is why it all takes more time.

CZoF

if you are looking for another beta tester, i am available, i also have experience with your mod previously from a playing standpoint.
    60+ new units – including the mighty Indian War Elephants, Persian immortals and Indian naked female archers.

A unit pack will be out soon for testing get ready.Not the full version just the units to start with...

CZoF

Thumbs up

If it's not to late I'd like to apply as beta tester. *doesn't hurt to check anyway*

I got all the freetime in the world to dedicate, and believe that I will. If you guys want to give me the honour, here's my e-mail: sgt_danne@hotmail.com

Blablabla, etc.

First of all thank you for helping us out with the Beta-testing
    These are the factions that are assigned to the Beta-Testers:

-Lord Xelous/Scipio/Thoros of Myr:Atheneans
    -Lord BloodyGore/Frodo Lives:Beotians
    -Lord Thindigital/Nicholas Newinsky III
    :Macedonians
    -Lord Uxbridge/Element UK:Lydians
    -BorisPavlovGrozny/Psyco:Persians
    -Brianbj/BarkingBeagle:Thessalians
    -Nomad/spartacus:Thracians
    -Mzocker/Zanderpants:Corinthians
    -Blind King of Bohemia/Azzole:Spartans(Lakedemonians)
    -Blackrogue/Crown of Swords:Peoneans
    -Alogic/Yonderboy:Illyrians
    -Boudicea/Insolent 1:Argians
    -Octavian/Stu:Phrigians
    -HobbyGeneral/Youone:Aetolians

You will test Campaign and Custom battles,unit size on default no valour,weapon or armour upgrades for testing game balance.
    Read the test instructions carefully and your written reports are to be posted here.
    If you haven't recieved a mail yet and your name is on the list mail me.

CZoF

Boondock Saint Senior Member The Blind King of Bohemia's Avatar

Lucky me i've got the Spartans

Believe me all factions are fun to play and a challenge
    The Beta testing has started

CZoF

Like the instructions that i gave you install a new and fresh MTW:VI v2.1 copy and than install HTW v3.1 Beta so no you do not need HTW v2.1.Stronger DO NOT copy HTW v3.1 over HTW v2.1 you will have major problems

CZoF

i got thracians, i got thracians lucky boris he get's the persians
    Nothing interesting here, Move along folks

Boondock Saint Senior Member The Blind King of Bohemia's Avatar

Count Zimoa could you clear your PM inbox because i'm trying to send you a bit of problem i'm having.

i just did a battle thracians (me) vs persians and chariots should be chariots that zoom the field killing people not like smirskers who fire and run, fire and run also the loading screen should say beta 3.1 not 2.1

First Scipio i have moved you from the Persians to the Athenians.

To all testers you are assigned to factions because than you will not test and report all the same things of course you are free to exploit all aspects of HTW v3.1 but test your factions really well.

This evening a new version will already be up so watch your mail box

Any problems are to be posted here so all HTW team members can read it of course if it are private Q's you can all mail me,using the mail button in my profile,don't use PM that box is full very fast.

CZoF

Testers a new version is up check your mail

Czof

Reporting on the Lydians so far...

No Gameplay Bugs spotted so far. Installed great as did the Music which is very good indeed.

East Light Cavalry at the moment reads East 'Ligh' Cavalry.

Siege update info needs a slight tweak in that the writing seems elongated just enough to make it use up another line which slightly messes up the alignment of the info.

Pheonician Warship cost ( 250 ) is less then the Merchant Ship's 252. ( strange figure ? )

Shipwright seems a tad cheap.

Master BlackSmith seems cheap and quick to build.

Having fun so far but the starting funds makes it quite easy as there is no worry about money. ( started with 53000 something Seems a great deal of dosh...

Nuke the site from orbit...only way to be sure (Reese-Aliens)

Downloaded whichever version u sent in my mail and it says..

This file contains invalid data.

Can you take it out of .exe? Put it into rar and zip or something.

For all who have the invalid data it can be that you downloaded while i was updating some files,i had to do this several times today because the data was send in small parts and everytime i had to make and upload a new version,you all only got the new version mail after i had finished so the downloading should go smoothly now.I will not alter the files anymore untill in a couple of days so please all who had download problems try now

CZoF

Blah, sorry can you email me the link again then please,

North_shoredude@Hotmail.com

Well I think CZoF might be workin on the mod so can one of you send the link to me? north_shoredude@Hotmail.com thats my msn also.. either or ty

Link on its way

CZoF

Lydians further testing with updated 3.1.

Marriage Announcement Bif or Description text is bunched up..Just needs a spacing check.

Farm Income is massive compared to the outlay / build cost.

Support Cost of the Lydian Royal Guard unit is very big.

Training times for the Eastern Chariots ( which are very very good btw ), Lydian Royal Guard Unit and the Lydian Heavy Cav is alot considering the Build Cost and the Support Cost....Can't they be one year like the other units ? ( The numbers are small after all..especially the Chariots ).

Units Gliching in and out on the Long Bridge in the ' Ephesus ' Map. Now that's a Bridge ...tried to put a link to an image up here but can't suss it out. Clicked Image then pasted the Url in the box then clicked image again....

Nuke the site from orbit...only way to be sure (Reese-Aliens)

OK ive done many custom battles now as the Peoneans, I really like the romfeofori. I tried alot of things using them, they are great for bashing up hoplite formations, but once they get caught in the thick of battle they get massacred guessing due to the lack of armor, best strategy using them is to charge them in with a supporting spear unit behind them, ive watched all their movements seem fluid, weapon positioning seemed fine.

In campaign the Dasian Romfeofori description is missing says ( Cannot translate) or soemthing along the lines.

Ive also had many CTD's running it on default unit size, on the lowest graphical settings.

Computer specs
    1.7 GHZ, 512 RAM
    Pentium 4
    Radeon 9800 XT
    3 gigs free memmory.

I was looking at the Thrasian Romfeofori also, I really cannot see the function of the unit skirmishing with his two spears, doesnt work only thing the units are good for basically are their initial charge, if they are caught standing there throwing a javelin by say some standard hoplites they get completely massacred in seconds.

Ok back to the battle
    -COS

Just played a couple of custom games which both played well. The only things I noticed was that when playing against the Persians, the chariots seem to move at awkard angles. I also added the music files and found some of the tracks get cut off. I played both games without any upgrades but did notice that the 'Florin Bug' that was in previous version still exists. Everything else was great, cool mod guys
    It's the taking part that counts.

I played a bunch more custom battles trying out other countries, a few notes..

Romfeofori should have a better defense value, without armor they just get massacred.

Elephants and Chariots should have a stronger charge value, I tried out some Chariots against some Hippies and supposedly Chariots should win against a horse unit, but my Chariots were massacred.

I also believe Companion cavalary should be buffed up a bit, from the impression I have from studying ancient warfare these men were a definate elite of warfare in their age.

I still dont see Spartan Hoplites living up to their name, either other hoplites should be made weaker or Spartans made stronger. Only Hoplite in that age that should be able to stand up against these men is maybe the Thebian Sacred Band.

Am I mistaken but I thought an age including the Trojans? Id love to see some Historical battles from the Trojan war.. and yes there are a few that can be taken straight from the book (The Illiad) forget the movie.

I really like the Historical battles, right now they seem more enjoyable than the campaign itself, you guys did alot of research on these battles obviously and they show it.

Keep up the good work cheers -Cos

this is a general bug, chariots and elephants should have the sword symbol when attacking not the archers, make them attackers not speedy smirskers

@Psyco and Nomad,
    your mail address do not seem to work...

Mail me new ones ok.

CZoF

crown of swords mentioned two problems I found

THE FIRST 2 I FOUND remember in watling street the Tc episode 3 chariots vs 8 horses winner:chariots

the chariots should be split in two chariots who attack and chariot archers, same with the elephants war and archers otherwise thumbs up and the historical battles are amazing

Cool

Hi CZoF,
    Just read your email. Realise you've had problems with my email address and that I might have missed the boat. Shame if I have, Would have enjoyed Thrashing around with those Thracians. Enjoy them Spartacus.

p.s I've mailed a new email address out.

Do not despise the snake for having no horns,
    For who is to say, he will not become a Dragon.

WOW, I stopped looking for bugs and just enjoyed it some played as macedonians.. woohoo macedonians rule Some how Thracia conquered like half the world lol.. and the Spartans another huge chunk (understandable) and then theres my little chunk but my army is badASS same about 3000 men who've gone through about 20 battles and now are all about honor 5 fighting like Alexander did.. throw the main battle line into the battle start the meat grinder then make my move with the companions good fun.. oh found the hard way what romfeofori are for lol.. they got a good chunk of my companion cavalary when i wasnt paying attention. Im sure you know all about the icons missing etc.. and some descriptions not working (2 ive seen Macedonian phalanx and companions) back to the battle.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast