Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The Siskinies

Hi,
    though I have not been able to mod myself I would be very happy to help you out with the thracians.
    I followed the principels of TW modding since RSW first came up with the bifreader for STW and though I have not yet been able to play online I have spent alot of time playing STW and MTW and various mods.
    HTW was from the beginnig a special interrest of mine, and though I have only had a quick impression of 2.01 I would be very happy to help out with getting 3 bugfree (I am also a programmer, so I know how to report bugs)

So If you will have me I think I will be able to part from my current viking raiding, and try the Tharcians for a change.

ok if it's fine with zimoa, do as good job as me omegamann
    Nothing interesting here, Move along folks

to youone
    Try using acdsee
    acdsee
    there is a 30 days trial verison for download.
    With that you can convert the TGA to JPG format wich is much smaller.
    Or you could use Irfanview (from the HTW Site) for the same.

not for me but thanks for the link
    Nothing interesting here, Move along folks

@Omegamann

Have send you a mail M8...

CZoF

just replied with my addy.
    If possible get me those files today then I can test the whole weekend.

Omegamann will replace Spartacus for testing the Thracians.
    Jacko_UK will replace Lord Thindigital for testing the Macedonians.

Welcome Gents

CZoF

Yes, you like? Member Zanderpants's Avatar

Exclamation

Mon Diue I'm playing as the Spartans in the classical period since I got tired of the Corinthians, and I hold the Western province of Crete with around 6,000 men, mainly spartans, and the Persians hold the Eastern province with somewhere between 85,000-100,000 men Screenshot to come.

Also, I think that the Spartan hoplites are very good as they are. I had three units of Spartans, one unit of Skirites and two units of Skythan Archers and I defeated an Athenian army of close to 9,000 men. Only lost approximately 200 men. Gotta love them Spartans
    "Tell a lie enough times, and it becomes truth."
    ~Joseph Goebbels
    "******* hell are you all 20 watt light bulbs...?"
    ~Abokasee

why are all people dropping there test faction and playing the spartans instead? that can't be the meaning of joining the beta test team.

I think those people just applyed to play the new HTW version faster, and by that delayed the final version, becouse new testers are needed.

Shame on them.
    -Brian Bergh
    Email and MSN: brianbbj@hotmail.com

Talking

I switched because I wanted to play as the Spartans for a litte while. I've been playing as the Corinthians, and I haven't had any major bugs that I haven't already reported. We can't all have interesting factions that are hard to play as, such as the Thessalians. I'm playing the Corinthian's on expert setting, and I'm already the storngest faction on the map and there are no bugs that haven't been reported. So why not?
    ~Joseph Goebbels
    ~Abokasee

oh, and not to be overly-defensive, but I've also tried the Persians, Macedonians, Thessalians, Thracians and Lydians, not just the Spartans. We're supposed to test the feel of the game as well, not just our faction.
    ~Joseph Goebbels
    ~Abokasee

[B]Omegamann
    Thanks I 'm already useing infanview ,but unless I'm doing somethink wrong I can't paste Tga's into a reply or post.
    if yopu could e-mail @ Youone@aol.com with the way you do it it would be very helpful. thanks for the link

Is Any tester up for a online game

Guys don't forget to test some Custom battles(all periods and all units of your faction),Historical battles and Historical Campaigns.Look for CTD's, graphical glitches,wrong/missing Battle unit-icons,battle maps that give problems,misplaced weapons or shields,missing dead-bodies,or any major battle unit unbalance that you can find....

CZoF

P.S.New test version soon M8's

Count Zimoa of Flanders[B]
    Just played a battle for the state of Phocis against the Boeoteans To take out their archers (Toxotes) before they could rain down their arrows I sent a unit at full strength of Akondistes to deal with them to my surprise in Hand to hand the Toxotes cut my lads down
    Has there H 2 H been increased
    On the Toxotes their bows disappeared when standing still and reappear when there shoot I do have a shot of both, but still can't post these pics
    In another battle for Epirus the Illirain horse had flying shields again I have good pis's of this can you with this

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Zitat[/b] (youone @ Juni 04 2004,19:14)][B]Omegamann
    Thanks I 'm already useing infanview ,but unless I'm doing somethink wrong I can't paste Tga's into a reply or post.
    if yopu could e-mail @ Youone@aol.com with the way you do it it would be very helpful. thanks for the link
    You cannot post TGAs in this forum: Theire size would be too big.

Convert them with Irvan view or any other software to jpg format.
    »Erzähle, Wandrer, wenn du nach Sparta kommst, daß wir, seinen Gesetzen gehorsam, hier gefallen sind.«

CHIEF ARCHITECT

visit our HTW website

The point I believe is that some of us cant even post a link in here or know how to rather...to an image dump site where our Screenies would be .

And btw I'm very bored with playing the Lydians...they really dont have min unit interest as yet.....Do they get more interesting as the ' ERA ' changes ? They are only in 2 era's anyway.
    Nuke the site from orbit...only way to be sure (Reese-Aliens)

I think you should test the faction you got very well, and after you have the feeling, that it is tested well, test what you like to test, like the other factions, hist. battles and so on.
    »Erzähle, Wandrer, wenn du nach Sparta kommst, daß wir, seinen Gesetzen gehorsam, hier gefallen sind.«

CHIEF ARCHITECT

visit our HTW website

btw:

If you want to post a screen then you can also use "imagedumb":

http://www.image-dump.com/browse.php?x=4

CHIEF ARCHITECT

visit our HTW website

Welcome, Jacko_UK and Omegamann.

I can't stop testing the Thessalians...they're so hard, it makes the game addictive. I spent hours yesterday meeting huge Thracian armies in Byzantion... I had ten u. of hoplites, two units of cavalry and four archers in the province to start with, and they kept sending armies of between 7 and 10 thousand every year. Each got soundly whooped... heheh.
    I've done a couple of the historical battles but I'll do more. I've already reported all the bugs I'm likely to find for the Thessalians, except for one possible balancing issue: Thessaly's supposed to have some of the best cavalry, but the Thracian cavalry easily tears Thessalian cavalry to bits and can even destroy an Enomotia Hopliton that's attacking it down a hill.

Historical battles: Thermopylae - I like the units. They're perfect, though if it is at all possible to give the Persians more, that'd be good. I also like the way they sneak around the back. But the place where you take them on, right next to the seashore... it's not narrow enough, and you get enveloped. There should be a place somewhere in the map, going slightly downhill, with only enough room for one unit to go through it.

Marathon: I saw no problem with it, except for braindead allies.
    That darn beagle

To BarkingBeatle.

Thracian High & Late Cavalry are stat wise as good as the Thessalians cavalry, BUT the Thracians cavalry have both:
    Attack bonus vs. Cavalry
    AND
    Armour Piercing ability (the Thessalians cav. are heavly armourd).

anyway i also think that the Thessalien Cavalry are to weak generaly.

to FLIP:

Thessalians going to the islands, is NOT an possiblity
    they start with 2 ships, and that is in a ocean regions with LOTS of other factions ships.

I havent switched faction yet, its so addictive to play:

Thessalians: Total Defeat
    The Doomed Faction in High and Late.

IMO why do you not just scrap the Thessilians, i have played 30+ campaign in Archanic and Classic now, and they stand no chance surviving.
    All the other faction are reported to be able to win the game somehow, so i would sugjest either scrapping them or fixing them. Maybe give the Thessilians the possiblity to guy mercenaryers in alle there provinces from the start. A bit more ships would also be nice.
    Making the Thessilan Cavalry better....
    -Brian Bergh

Bug Report:

EAST LIGHT CAVALRY BUG:
    I have screen shoots of the East light Cavalry animation cycle bug here. (ther image dumb site it not working).

http://www.fflr.dk/tabletop/EastLightCavBug.rar

PS: please also notice the name of the unit...should it not be east light(instead of Ligh?)cavalry.

Please reply when the developers have seen this, its hard to know if you have read what we are reporting.

-Brian Bergh

Play a little with a other faction as a compensation for your grief,before the new test version is out

CZoF

Brianbbj, do a thing

put here a list of all files that are in the folder:
    Medieval - Total War\Textures\Men\Bowman

copy paste the text inside "shields.txt" file here

and in:
    Medieval - Total War\Textures\Men\ActionsPage

look for the file "EastLighCav.Txt"

open it and copy paste the text inside here

thanks
    CHIEF DESIGNER

Hellenic Total War

btw:

What are your expiriences with the new battle maps except the castles?

CHIEF ARCHITECT

visit our HTW website

I had CTD's on stirling bridge, but other than that, no problems and the new maps are awesome, excellent job

~Joseph Goebbels
    ~Abokasee

I have been playing custom battles over the last two days with no CTD's or other problems to report with the new battle maps. The battle maps are great and well designed

TO FLIP

I have made a .jpg screenshot picture of those information you asked for. easy'er for me and not spamming the forum.

http://www.fflr.dk/tabletop/Flip-Eas...bughunting.jpg

What faction should i give a try?, now when im waiting for the update so i can play the Thessilians again
    -Brian Bergh

I've actually got to disagree with you, Bbbj, in that I think the Thessalians actually are winnable... I'm still on my first Archaic campaign, and though you have to fight the same battles again (quicksaving first) until you get good enough ratios, and you really have to be careful not to P*** the Lydians off...
    Currently, I have half of Thrace and two Aetolian provinces with me, as well as all of my own still, am making 7000 gold a turn, and have armies big enough to protect myself in most provinces against armies of up to 15,000 Thracian-type units or 4,000 or so hoplite-types.
    I may yet get bogged down, though, and the Thessalians really are too hard... I would suggest going ahead and making their cavalry able to deal with Thracian cavalry, since it's their only claim to fame. Also, a couple more ships at the start would have been good, as Bbbj said...
    At any rate, I've played a couple of the custom battles, and I gotta say... they're absolutely lovely. The maps are great, the units are great, and most of them are a challenge. Thermopylae could do with a nice narrow bit to defend somewhere, but that's about it...
    Oh, and you might want different battles for the historical campaigns than for the historical battles, because I don't know if I would bother unlocking battles in H. campaign if I could just pick them individually in the H. battle menu.
    Oh, and Spartan hoplites... full on, face-to-face charge, they lose badly to Athenian hoplites. Huh?
    That darn beagle

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Oh, and Spartan hoplites... full on, face-to-face charge, they lose badly to Athenian hoplites. Huh?

hate to disagree with u but my Spartan's have yet to lose a battle even when outnumbered by greeks 4 to 1 - 1 on 1 head to head the Spartan Hoplites power house through all execept Argian and Atheanan Hoplites and they still smash those (just with more casulties) - i keep the units in deep squares 6 - 8 rows deep and they plow through enemies- only the lydians are truely causing me strife the archers windly me down so ive been suffering worse kill ratios - instead of 20 to 1 (or more in one case 1500 Spartans killed 4000 Argians - mostly hoplites at the cost of 110...) ive been losing 10 to 1... they truely are the best

the next version u should be getting soon has a new names.txt in it with poper Thracian, Persian and Lydian names lemmie know what u think eh :)

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast