Thread: "Farming virtues" vs. moving...

Senior Member Senior Member RedKnight's Avatar

Question

A number of folks have said that if the king (and princes) are in regions when they complete a farm or mine, they are more likely to get Steward or Trader virtues (respectively). Since I often have farms being built, I prefer to move the king to regions completing a farm, as opposed to re-building the 20% farm at some crappy region over and over.

If I'm going to move him this way, it occurs to me that he might have to move to the target region the turn before the farm will finish - because for other things, it seems like builds are done before moves take place. For example, if you are attacked, the unit being built in that province that turn will appear, even if you lose - apparently it is built before the attack move takes place. Also I just noticed that even a castle upgrade scuessfully finished (whew) the turn a rebellion fought me in that province... it had appeared the turn before, in will fight here next turn status.

Any thoughts?

And for that matter, if anybody can comment on, how much it matters to have your king in provinces making farms or mines? I know they can get the Steward virtue without having to be in a region making a farm - I've seen it before. Does anybody know just how much it helps? Sometimes he might otherwise be a good item to tuck somewhere, lending his good stars in case a border region is attacked.

TIA

I really dont go out of my way to give my king the steward or trader virtues, if he gets it by chance whoopty freakin doo, if not who cares
    I use my king and princes in all border provinces just so I can have a little more oomph there

unfortunately i couldn't find the thread that described this in detail. try a search on farming virtues, etc, you might be luckier (and more patient) than me.

what i do remember from that thread, however, are the following:
    (please take into account that I can't guarantee that any of these work. I haven't tried them myself, this is only what I remember, and I can't recall the version of MTW the guy tried these on either)

As far as your king is concerned, he doesn't have to be in that province (where you finish the farm/mine). Your governors do. The post author said they should stay in that province and not move from the moment you start building it until it's done. He also said that you do it once, then rinse and repeat (i.e., destroy the mine, build it again). Do this several times and your govs and king get the steward virtue.

hope this helps.
    Therapy helps, but screaming obscenities is cheaper.

I always thought that virtues such as builder, steward, trader were given after a certain number of buildings, farms or trading buildings were completed. So if you build one farm over and over again the game will count it as X farms built and if X is the required amount of built farms to get Steward you get it.

Correct me if i am wrong

yep you right every amount of improvement/agriculture improvement you get a virtue, i'm pretty sure that there is some where on the net a guide that says how much(or you count for yourself)
    _

AMIR

Or it's probably totally random
    A man's real possession is his memory.In nothing else is he rich,in nothing else is he poor
    Shakespeare
    Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.
    You can't say civilization isn't advancing: in every war they kill you in a new way.
    If the human mind was simple enough to understand, we'd be too simple to understand it.