Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122

Thread: Europa Barbarorum

Wandering Historian Member eadingas's Avatar
    Llanfairpwll- gwyngyll- gogerych- wyrndrobwll- llantysilio- gogogoch

Default Re: Europa Barbarorum

The expansion is from RTR, not my own. I'm not that good at modding yet, I'm better at research :)
    I'm still not here

Sorry about this but I've tried to find what exactly the mod is going to be and the info is all over the place.

So I'll post it here:
    I know you've been working on this for a long time now but have you ever thought of making most or all of the lower value units region specific and only the unique/elite units faction specific?

It's been bothering me for a long time and I think it makes more sense for any faction to be able to train in any region the lower value units of the original owner.

If you conquer greece you can train hoplites, if you conquer scythia you can train HA.

Am I losing your point completely?

Wandering Historian Member eadingas's Avatar
    Llanfairpwll- gwyngyll- gogerych- wyrndrobwll- llantysilio- gogogoch

Cool Re: Europa Barbarorum

I think this is what mercenaries are for. You can _hire_ hoplites in Greece, and that's enough for me.
    To train all new set of units, in real life terms, means that you:
    1) capture the staff officers and army training personel and persuade them to work for the conquerors
    and
    2) you decide that warfare and training methods of the conquered nation is superior to yours, so it's worth introducing them into your army instead of your own. This would be contrary to all the evidence (=YOU conquered THEM)

Not to mention it would awfully clutter your building queue... and make the idea of differing faction armies pointless - everyone would just charge into several important provinces to make the best army - get into Africa to get the elephants, for example. Imagine Rome with legionaries AND elephants. Talk about unstoppable war machine.
    I'm still not here

Father of the EB Isle Member Aymar de Bois Mauri's Avatar
    Staring West at the setting sun, atop the Meneltarma

We're still discussing the implementation of generic units like peasents, town militia, etc...

So far, there is no definitive concept, but eadingas makes a pertinent point about the problems within your idea.

Hey all, I was wondering if i could help out. I am a Historian and reenactor. I have tons of personal researdh and refrence pics for you to use from my fellow reenactors to help show proper sheid designs, woven cloth, celt designs and more.

Gallic Commander and standard bearer:

Gallic Shields:

Gallic Peltasts:

Gallic light cavalry:

Briton Chieftans and standard bearer:

Briton warband:

Briton swordsmen:

Briton gaestate (yes, real reenactors, I'll be nice and just put the link)
    Gaestate 1
    Gaestate 2

Briton Peltast

Quote Originally Posted by GeraldDuval
    Hey all, I was wondering if i could help out. I am a Historian and reenactor. I have tons of personal researdh and refrence pics for you to use from my fellow reenactors to help show proper sheid designs, woven cloth, celt designs and more.
    Feel free to do so. Would you be interested in joining the group? As an Historian and reenactor you would be of value to us in faction/unit descriptions, as well as giving advice on the looks of particular units.
    Last edited by Aymar de Bois Mauri; 11-10-2004 at 00:40.

Hi, would it be possible to join this mod?
    I'm not terribly good at modding, but I am quite the geography nerd, so maybe I could do some good in that field...

Quote Originally Posted by anti_strunt
    Hi, would it be possible to join this mod?
    I'm not terribly good at modding, but I am quite the geography nerd, so maybe I could do some good in that field...
    OK. No problem. Be sure to consult our EB Forum at the Hosted MODs section. I'll add you to the Campaign Map group. Be sure to coordinate your info with the people in that same group and post your info in that thread.

Member Member Michiel de Ruyter's Avatar

Apologoes guys,

I got a new computer, and then work for university got the best of me. I kiond of overdid the amount of classes I entered, I even had to drop one.

For two of them however, I got some brushes with the "barbarians", especially the Northern ones. One class had to do with the Roman province of Brittania, the other was a paper bout the demise of the empire, wether there was a military explanation.

I'll see what I can get done over the next few months... I have cut back on classes, and should have a bit more time for research come January 12.
    For a small country, we have kicked some really good (naval) butt...

EB insanity coordinator Senior Member khelvan's Avatar

For new and old members alike, the only place we discuss EB any longer is here:

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=70

I'll see if I can have this thread locked. Check out the link above, hopefully you will be pleasantly surprised at our progress. Also, if you're a member that went inactive, you'll need access to our hidden forums, where most of the real work is being done.
    Cogita tute

Bringing down the vulgaroisie Member King Henry V's Avatar

Who cares abouth a bunch of half naked savages who think that they can kill people by throwing a few heads at them? None of them can match the full force of the powerful Roman fighting/killing machine!
    www.thechap.net
    "We were not born into this world to be happy, but to do our duty." Bismarck
    "You can't be a successful Dictator and design women's underclothing. One or the other. Not both." The Right Hon. Bertram Wilberforce Wooster
    "Man, being reasonable, must get drunk; the best of life is but intoxication" - Lord Byron
    "Where men are forbidden to honour a king they honour millionaires, athletes, or film-stars instead: even famous prostitutes or gangsters. For spiritual nature, like bodily nature, will be served; deny it food and it will gobble poison." - C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by King Henry V
    Who cares abouth a bunch of half naked savages who think that they can kill people by throwing a few heads at them? None of them can match the full force of the powerful Roman fighting/killing machine!
    If you can't make a comment that can pass for one of a sentient being, please abstain from doing so. At least in this thread. IQs of less than 1 are not welcomed here...
    Last edited by Aymar de Bois Mauri; 01-18-2005 at 02:25.

Senior Member Senior Member Duke John's Avatar

Replies such as yours, Aymar are not welcome either.

Don't altercate, girls!

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122