Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Gymnasium

Exclamation

For any install or HTW gameplay problems post here.

If you have problems with v2.1 be a little patient HTW v3.1 Beta will be out soon.

CZoF

First, I love this mod :) Thanks, guys, great work :)

On a different note, I've played v 2.01 a few times: it seems, that the valor upgrade from gymnasiums and similar building does not get applied to any unit types (It's not clear to which unit types it should apply either). Is something broken there?

The master armorer description promises +4 armor. Nevertheless, it seems, only +3 armor is applied in the game.

Cheers
    Kristaps aka Kurlander
    A Livonian Rebel

whoa i can post , this is so cool,

hey htw devs im looking forward to ur mods, but i have a huge prob. my original mtw disk if gone(not vi, i still have vi), So now i cant make a new fresh instalation to dl this mod , and tht sucks, so is there anyway to delete my old ntw or htw v2.1 mods from my 2 viking invasion instaltions tht contain them? this way if i manage to delete atleast 1 mod from my viking invasion instalations, i can dl the new htw version when it comes out, and tht will rock. ty in advance, and i hope there is a way.

i posted this in the gen discusiion too
    fsdfdsf

Only if you have a copy of MTW:VI v2.1 and without previous mod's installed in it(even not HTW v2.1) it is possible to copy/paste it and use it for HTW v3.1 Beta.Otherwise sorry no go...

CZoF

hello CZOF, where is the map put?

Sorry M8 what map are you talking about the latest version of HTW v2.1 is a self-installer.Check the website in the download section,but if you can wait for a couple of days HTW v3.1 Beta will be out also as a self-installer.

CZoF

thanks, will wait for 3.1, i got a non self installing version and mucked up.

I have MTW and the VI expansion but the only upgrade I see for that is version 2.01. I see that HTW requires an upgrade to 2.1 ?? Where is that upgrade so I can install this mod. I'm really looking forward to that

Problem already, CTD when i try a custom battle on classical period. Everything works fine.

Here's a small fix for some missing deadbodys
    And army select icons

install over the Medieval - Total War folder

deadbodys

CHIEF DESIGNER

Hellenic Total War

From this evening on (21.00 H CET) this fix will be implemented in the full version so if you have downloaded HTW v3.1 Beta this night use it.From tomorrow on this fix is not needed anymore.

CZoF

Q : Light Toxotes takes 2 year to built = Toxtes takes 1 year to built ?

I have build and uploaded a new updated version i advise to download HTW v3.1 Beta from the HTW site again.
    If you have already installed HTW v3.1 Beta use the uninstall option in your start menu and install the new updated version.

CZoF

Thanks

I have a problemn with the battle screen freezing and jerking. i have a athlon 2100 processor, 80 gigs memory, 512 ddr ram, win 98, tnt 2 34 meg video card. game worked great before i put the athlon processor in the computer. what can i do i followed install instructions. thanks

Hi myces, try some things.
    Tnt is not a very powerfull GCard for MTW gaming.
    - Try diferent settings in AGP aperture value in MTW options.
    - DirectX: turn off hardware acceleration.
    - in graphics options put 16Mb in PCI memory.
    - use lower resolution screen in MTW options
    CHIEF DESIGNER

Hellenic Total War

Yes buy a new graphic card.

TNT2 is an old and not very fast graphic card.
    »Erzähle, Wandrer, wenn du nach Sparta kommst, daß wir, seinen Gesetzen gehorsam, hier gefallen sind.«

CHIEF ARCHITECT

visit our HTW website

Just so people know, if you uninstall old 3.1 and install new one, saved games won't work, just found out...heh, went back to old one till I finish campaign

Thankyou flip, i really love HTW period of warfare. when i could not play the battles it was a disapointment. i just can not think why my computer would play it once and after upgrading the cpu it would not. but anyway HTW is great

Damn, i still get a CTD when i try to play a custom battle in classical period.

Julius, thats strange, do you use random units or choose by hand, also aren't you using huge size army instead of default?

CHIEF DESIGNER

Hellenic Total War

What's in the New Updated Version?

Correction of deadpage coords,missing Textures Items(weapons),new unit prod file,there was a problem with the frontend_files.

CZoF

Now i got it fixed The one that i installed the 3.1 was on a folder that i copied and pasted. So its fixed. Time to play now.

a couple questions about this great mod:

1. descriptions of gymnasiums and the like say that these buildings provide + valor. + valor to what units? i haven't seen any that would have this valor bonus applied to.

2. battering rams: hmm, they go down easily even near fort walls... maybe they should have size higher than one unit? i.e, something similar to catapults in MTW. just pondering :)

3. charriots: it appears, they have been designed to align in very close formation. i suspect, that if charriots rode into the battle so closely, they'd soon be a pile of rubble: just crashing into each other. isn't loose formation more appropriate for these guys?

4. the master armorer: it still gives only +3 armor - the same as armorer's guild.

5. i love the graphics of the units :)
    Kristaps aka Kurlander
    A Livonian Rebel

Thumbs up

Sorry Zimoa,
    but I ask the question about the new release, because the file is named in the same way, and in the properties of the file I haven't seen a difference between the versions (both 2.0.0.21), so I've had some doubts....
    Anyway, I will be glad to give a hand for testing the game....
    thank you very much for all, this evening I will upgrade my HTW

Hello to all

Bye Bye

First off I might have gotten the wrong topic to post on in witch case I apologize but there’s quiet a few to choose from : )

What I’m in desperate need of is a little assistance downloading your 3.1 beta
    You have to realize I live in rural Scotland where any form of broadband simply doesn’t exist and even the regular phone lines are pretty poor quality
    So it takes me about 8 to 10 hours to download around 100megs including being disconnected every 2 hours

This should be simply an act of patience but with HTW it’s so far been an act of futility because I can’t send it to a download tool I have to use the windows downloader and it seems to randomly reset it’s self when I drop con. Some times it will save its progress some times it wont and I can’t see any rhyme or reason to it

I don’t fully understand why I can’t send it to a download tool but I have very little understanding of web design. It seems to me the HTW site is done some sort of different style or format from most web pages something I occasionally see but usually avoid because its much slower (takes me a good 40mins to load the first page) the main problem with it being that I cant drag and drop links

So is there another place to download it from? Does anyone know of a download tool that will work on that link? Is there a chance of changing the link on the page in the future? Or is this whole thing the side effect of a security issue?

I hope that there’s something that can be done because I very much want to play this game I downloaded the 2.1 about a week and a half ago and it took my breath away. As a game it’s far better than the original medieval and dare I say it better balanced. And as for historical accuracy I can’t see how any game could come closer to that aim without losing the gameplay. I have no criticisms for it at all and huge respect and gratitude to you people making it

Unhappy

Hmm, I can not seem to download the new version either (for a different reason though), I keep getting a This page can not be displayed message when click on the download link.

Any suggestions?

same here.. page not found. i'm just assuming that your bandwidth is bunked since the update was just released.. i'll try again later.

edit: sorry if this was posted in the wrong thread

All fine now, the link is working again
    CHIEF DESIGNER

Hellenic Total War

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast