Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: The Gymnasium

Default Re: The Gymnasium

Thanks alot for the help guys, the new version is great compared to version 2
    ~The Russian Front~
    www.redorchestramod.com

Canada : The New Best West

To all:

Economy Patch,Music Pack are again available via the download section on the HTW site!

LZoF

I installed 3.1 and when I try to start a campaign the progress bar fills up, the map flashes on the screen and the I CTD.

I uninstalled everything, reinstalled MTW, VI, 2.01 patch, then 3.1 HTW and ran it again.

The same thing happened.

Any Ideas?

UPDATE:

I tested it some more and the CTDs are only with the Athenians. They are also with the "GREEKS" in the Persian Campaign. These both use the same color. Could there be some mistake made in your files causing the CTD?

Please help. Until then I will enjoy this great mod playing as Spartans.

UPDATE 2:

I fixed it. The economy patch didnt extract into the correct folder and once I moved them manually they stopped.
    Last edited by Mus; 11-24-2004 at 14:05.

Happy that it all works now.

LZoF

the file on the HTW site is the all-in-one super-duper complete mod .exe now isn't it?

Yes but the HTW music and the Economy patch are not included.

LZoF

I was wondering if there was any way to make nations create stronger armies of hoplites and ekdromen ect...instead of huge armies of peltasts and archers? I am thinking about making Peltasts and Archers more expensive and seeing if that works...if I doesn't I am thinking about making them impossible to build and maybe only available as mercenaries(if that is possible). I want to do this mainly because I will bring a large army of hoplites to a field with a few skirmishers and find out the whole enemy army is skirmishers and so I run around for hours trying to kill them all, and meanwhile they dont even do much harm to my men...

Greetings All,

Love Hellenic TW. Version 3.1 installed well, and the patch. I got the new music files, changed them to .wav, but still hear MTW.VI music. I can play the HTW music files, (individually) and hear the new music; they're in the right place (inside "Music" inside "Sound" Folder.) So, any solutions out there?

Ta and Cheers,

Lambere

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: The Gymnasium

Quote Originally Posted by Lambere
    Love Hellenic TW. Version 3.1 installed well, and the patch. I got the new music files, changed them to .wav, but still hear MTW.VI music. I can play the HTW music files, (individually) and hear the new music; they're in the right place (inside "Music" inside "Sound" Folder.) So, any solutions out there?
    A couple of tracks are still from VI (the Viking tracks to be specific), but IIRC these shouldn't be played. Are you sure you installed them into the folder that contains H:TW? I occasionally install patches in the wrong M:TW/R:TW folder as well.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Greetings Ludens,

Thanks for the reply, and yes, they are certainly in the correct Folder. I suppose I should just try reinstalling them. There is no secret, I suppose, to changing them from mpw (or whatever they were ) to wav files? If they read xxx.wav and are in the correct Folder, they should play, yes? There are 36 .wav files in the Music Folder, and that is all, and they are definitely the new HTW music files.

Cheers,

L

Blog Entries

Thanks for the reply, and yes, they are certainly in the correct Folder. I suppose I should just try reinstalling them. There is no secret, I suppose, to changing them from mpw (or whatever they were ) to wav files? If they read xxx.wav and are in the correct Folder, they should play, yes? There are 36 .wav files in the Music Folder, and that is all, and they are definitely the new HTW music files.
    Pardon me if I misunderstood you, but I don't think it is simply a matter of changing the extension. You should use the conversion program that comes with the music pack. (I am not a real tech-head, but the H:TW seems to be deserted of late, so I try to help.)

Alle ist gut! I just reinstalled everything. Now I'm onto Sparta. Super.
    Will check back to see about Hellenic updates; very fine crew there, wish they were getting paid to do such fine work!

L

Yes, and one more thing, please. I now see 4 (instead of 3) possible time periods to play in; the new one (I think it's new) is the first one, the Bronze age, followed by Geometric etc. When I first installed Beta 3.1, I seem to remember only the last 3 periods. This last download was from 3D site.

I can play fine in Geometric on up; but when I play in the Bronze Age, the game just dies (almost evaporates) at the same time every time, when I'm about 1/5th the way up in loading in the armies in the battle screen.

Thanks much, and look forward to any coming updates, if there are to be any.

Cheers,

Lambere

Blog Entries

I can play fine in Geometric on up; but when I play in the Bronze Age, the game just dies (almost evaporates) at the same time every time, when I'm about 1/5th the way up in loading in the armies in the battle screen.

Thanks much, and look forward to any coming updates, if there are to be any.
    I am afraid that there won't be any. The Gerousia (H:TW team) has split and their last project (the Bronze age expansion) was never finished. It should be playable however.

Default Re: Installing Mods in MTWVI & MTW2

Greetings all and Happy New Year!

A few issues - questions:

1) I currently play the wonderful Hellenic Mod with MTWVI. I assume this mod will not run if I ever get MTW2; correct?

2) Having also an interest in the 30 Years War, I want to download the Pike & Musket Mod. So, I must make a new install of MTW and VI (and the 2.1 patch) yes? So, I put in my MTW CD, look for "Setup.exe" (the sailboat icon, I think!?) and get the install wizard, who asks if I really with to UNINSTALL MTW? So... how do I install a 3rd version of MTW, so that I may then download and run P & M?

I know I've done this before, as I can play Hellenic Mod fine; but it's been a few years...

Thanks for your help!

Lord Lambere aka xlambert aka Mark

Second-hand chariot salesman Senior Member macsen rufus's Avatar

For multiple installs it's generally more successful to copy your vanilla MTW VI 2.01 to a new folder, delete all your save games etc then install the mod there - it avoids the awkward questions about uninstalling I have about 12 different mods running by this method, and even keep a spare "minimum content" copy ready for new mods as they're released.
    ANCIENT: TW

A mod for Medieval:TW (with VI)

Discussion forum thread

Download A Game of Thrones Mod v1.4

Savaran Commander Member Hound of Ulster's Avatar

any links to HTW installers?
    'Only the Dead Have Seen the End of War' Plato

'Ar nDuctas' O'Dougherty clan motto

'In Peace, sons bury thier fathers; In War, fathers bury thier sons' Thucydides

'Forth Eorlingas!' motto of the Riders of Rohan

'dammit, In for a Penny, In for a Pound!' the Duke of Wellington

Beauty hunter Senior Member Raz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by macsen rufus
    For multiple installs it's generally more successful to copy your vanilla MTW VI 2.01 to a new folder, delete all your save games etc then install the mod there - it avoids the awkward questions about uninstalling I have about 12 different mods running by this method, and even keep a spare "minimum content" copy ready for new mods as they're released.
    =O
    I used have that, until I found the mod switcher thing (I use it everyday and I don't even know what it's called ). Also, doesn't that take up a bundle on your hard-drive?
    Quote Originally Posted by drone
    I imagine an open-source project to recreate [Medieval: Total War] would be faced with an army of high-valour lawyers.

Live your life out on Earth; I'm going to join the Sun.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345