Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Temple

ha ha, I'm doing macedonian classical too, wonder if everyone is. Just so many new units for them, in older version they were a lot blander.

Thumbs up

Great job with your mod gents What a blast to have chariot and elephant 2 thumbs up

Very Excellent Mod guys, Two Thumbs up Indeed.

BTW, Question. Are the Companions Trainable, Or are they only in Custom battle?

Awsome, truely this is the greatest MTW mod, IN YOUR FACE ntw >=D. But seriously, I love it. The campgien is a blast more then ever, the new units and graphics are amazing, and I must say, the historical battles are fun. Even though I never liked them in MTW, I thought I was obligated to try them since Atlias worked so hard on them. I played Marathon so far, wow. I won, sufficed to say . I forced Darius' archers and weak spears into a meat grinder battle as I formed a Phalanx and put Light Infantry on the side. As I charged, the archers fired off a few vollies, but my wall of spears quickly smashed their lines. The cavalry attempted to outflank me, but my light infantry held them. On the right side, the hoplites and Light infantry held, as in the middle my hoplites chipped away at the Persian war machine. On the left, The cavalry was coming about to smash my rear, and my Light infantry was on the verge of routing, when who should come but my ally to beat them back. Eventually, the Persians beat 3 units of my ally and took the left flank, while my Hoplites and Light Infantry had massacred the right flank. It all came down to the center, and my men tore the Persians to pieces. End of battle, 2500 dead persians, 1200 greeks (Both Athens and allies) Now let those Spartans come, so I may show them the Persian dead

Once again, this is the best mod ever

I was wondering is there a tech tree to help me know what i have to build and what bonuses i get for certain buildings in v3.1 also is there a unit list anywhere?

Well.From the top of my head..The New Untis are..

Macedonian Phalanx
    Macedonian Companions
    Skythian Light Cavarly
    Eastern Light Cavarly
    Dacian Romfeori
    Estes (Chariots)
    Eastern Chariots
    Persion Scythed Chariots
    Indian Elephants

this is a true success i think the mod plays great and i had no problems =)

Talking

Truely it is a great achivement, this version Much innovation. The thing I've noticed though:

For slingers in custom battles, if I give them valour 1 or above as the Atheneans then their cost becomes negetive. Is this intention?

i truly had a great time in that one pelopponesian battle where you have a massive phalanx battle against thebes, because the computer actually made a battle line

then, by true phalanx warfare i put my best hoplites to the right and destroyed their puny army yah

I did a install over previos version of htw without any pbl. So far I getting used to the new icons for the production tree (Lovely 1, btw).

Hi Lee, long time no see,
    as a creator I advise you to follow the install proceedment of 3.1 version, you may not see troubles now but certainly they will come up in time, because of remaining old files.
    CHIEF DESIGNER

Hellenic Total War

VOXIFEX MAXIMVS Member Shigawire's Avatar

Congratulations on 3.1 team. An outstanding job you've made.

tittei

"To know a thing well, know its limits. Only when pushed beyond its tolerances will its true nature be seen." -The Amtal Rule, DUNE

I have one question if someone can help me please?
    I have a athlon 2100 processor, 512 ddr ram, 80 gigs
    of memory, with a tnt 2 34 meg video card. I can
    play the strategic map but during the battle part the
    screen starts to freeze and jerk during the battle.
    Before i got the athlon processor HTW worked great in
    both settings (I had your basic dell). What can i do
    to fix this problem. Any help would be greatly
    appreciated. Thanks.

I think this is a hardware problem could be your CPU or graphic card, make sure you play the game on low specs and have the latest drivers, that is all advise i can give you or update your hardware...

CZoF

Thankyou, i appreciate your help. HTW looks great in the old version i can not wait to get home to download the latest version. especially the elephants

Well the new Troops and everything is cool
    Still best Mod for MedievalTW

BUT the new music pack is horrible
    destroys the whole ancient greece feeling
    please put up the old music again
    those European classics migth be used in Napoleonic mod- but
    it doesn't fit herePlease change again to more greec styl music

And i also miss the maps included in the old Mappacks

well thats all - but still great mod and worth waiting for the update

The Histroical battles are very fun also, Played Thermopalye last night, Almost as Accurate as the real battle, The Greek Allies retreated first, The Spartans reamined, Though the King and one other unit fled, One more stood there ground and fought through the rest of the Persian Army. Very fun battle.

I Think the Final Casulties were 282 to 1179.

Also played Issus and Gaugemela..

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]And i also miss the maps included in the old Mappacks
    All old HTW maps are redone and included in the full HTW v3.1 Beta.So no Map-pack because they are all in and all newly build already...

We never used any sound packs before so the older music was that of the MTW standard sound files...

CZoF

Zitat[/b] (Perikles @ Juli 01 2004,15:14)]Well the new Troops and everything is cool
    Still best Mod for MedievalTW

BUT the new music pack is horrible
    destroys the whole ancient greece feeling
    please put up the old music again
    those European classics migth be used in Napoleonic mod- but
    it doesn't fit herePlease change again to more greec styl music

And i also miss the maps included in the old Mappacks

well thats all - but still great mod and worth waiting for the update
    Yes most maps were reworked from the old mappack.

They have other names now, so that they can be used in the campaign itshelf.

Some maps are deleted, because I only wanted to have the best maps in.

But there are also very many new maps in the new beta.

»Erzähle, Wandrer, wenn du nach Sparta kommst, daß wir, seinen Gesetzen gehorsam, hier gefallen sind.«

CHIEF ARCHITECT

visit our HTW website

I was playing HTW before last one release.
    And I feel lot of work done (in balance for example).

With new music, new icons and small graphics it's very very cool mod. I'm happy with new castles - now it's hard to assault them without preparing...

I like new parameters of units. For example javeliners are usefull now And rebellion factor is a good thing

---

If I have some impressions and doubt I wanted to share:

1. Gold. I have huge armies, I'm building and recruiting in whole my country and I have more then 20.000 income every year...
    It's strange - I can buy whole enemy armies and I used to do that to get all this nice hoplites
    Nobody tried to buy my soldiers...
    And will not, because I'm trying to kill every emmisary in my provinces

Maybe persian units are too cheap? (supply)

2. Where are oligarhic, monarchic, republic faction signs? It was very good idea

3. I changed some florins to G.C. ;)

PS Good work

Flip I followed Your advise and made a brand new install over a Mtw+ vi +patch.

Scruffy Looking Nerf Herder Member Steppe Merc's Avatar

The horses charge seem awfully... pathetic. How can hoplites have better charge than the companions?

"But if you should fall you fall alone,
    If you should stand then who's to guide you?
    If I knew the way I would take you home."
    Grateful Dead, "Ripple"

WHY GOD, WHY DO YOU TORTURE ME? I was playing the Battle of Thermoplye, and I was almost winning. I had lost 250 Spartans, but all that was left of the Persian army was 4 Lydian Cavalry, 48 Royal Guards, and 26 Skythian Warbands. I was so lucky that game. Every time my last King unit was about to smashed in the rear, the Persians I was fighting routed, giving me enough time to counter charge. But when I was about to charge my 48 Spartans into their remnents, IT CTD . I was so close to changing the course of greek history This has happened a number of times to me in battles, its getting a bit irritating >> (This is on a clean VI installation, not a HTW 2.1 override.)

Tiger are you using default size for armys?
    It just appens in battle?
    CHIEF DESIGNER

Hellenic Total War

Quote[/b] ]Tiger are you using default size for armys?
    If the size is not default them the game will CTD the minute you enter the battle not while you are at it. Plus in htis version there is not problems or there should be no problems where you have that setting since all units are not scalable.

Strange we will have to look in to that one.

Ya, I made sure to put my Unit Sizes on Default. its happened like 2 other times before. First when I was charging some Elephants at some Companions, and another time when I was charging some Chariots.

Can you tell me your specs?
    I suspect it is a graphic memory issue.
    CHIEF DESIGNER

Hellenic Total War

Too be honest, I don't really know >>. My computers a bit of a Frankenstine, since my Bro does all the computer stuff

I think playing Persia has no sens.

I'm not the king of strategy, but after 18 years I got all Asia Minor, 10 provinces on the other side of Dardanele, 3 armies of 5.000 men (with 20 units of hoplites, lydian infantry and other tough guys), 50 ships, spy in every province, assasin in every border province or province next to the sea (to kill every emissary from other countries), 5 emissaries buying 1-3 armies yearly (especially in castles), 270.000 GC, 34.000 income per year, I build and recruit without looking at costs in every province, buying every unit of merceneries.

The only challenge for Persian is to finish high period game in less than 50 years...
    I know from last version of game that the challenge is to defeat Persians and eliminate them by greek faction. But with endless stream of money they can buy almost every army... If Persians start to build huge fleet, they cannot loose because only Asia Minor has 11 provinces able to build ships - circa 500 medium ships in 100 years. 9 provinces during this time build land forces, they can also buy armies...
    But I'm looking forward some stories from campaign

---

I saw once CTD - huge battle (my 7.000 mixed forces against 9.000 Tracians). Game colapsed when I... changed the position of reinforcement flag Maybe it's just coincidence.

---

2 other small problems (I believe you know that thing):
    - a figure symbolizing an army is not changing during attack, so when I assault the castle with a couple groups of units I don't know are everyone attacking
    - lot of countries has grey color of their full stack termometer (a part of a figure symbolizing an army). Sometimes it's easy to make mistake...

---

This mod is almost perfect so don't be angry on my detail observation

Ambiguous Member Byzantine Prince's Avatar

I really like the mod too. But I expect more in the future, ok?
    Like i would like to see EPIROTES for a change, ok?
    they're more imporatant and more greek then thasians, ok?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast