Thread: Bored with Kievans?

I do not have VI, but not too long ago I downloaded MedMod 1.85 and decided to play the Kievans, since I've always admired the toughness of Boyars when I run up against them in battle...

However, it's 120 years into the campaign and I am bored as heck. I chopped down a bunch of rebel territories and control everything from Prussia North to Finland and everything East until Khazar. I also snagged Egypt, Malta, Cyprus & Sicily. Egypt & Sicily for trade/farm income mainly. Most of Spain is rebel turf and I'm sure I could snag that as well if the Horde wasn't coming in 20 years...

I have over 1 million florins in the bank, the largest army and have been building up for the Horde for a while now. While other factions get cool units upon entering the HIGH era, it seems Kievans only get Pavise XBows and Arbalesters?

Am I missing something? A quick look through the crusader unit file and I think I'm correct in that the only thing I get new are Arbs & Pavise Xbows? Other than gunpowder units, everything out there is available early for them, am I correct?

Maybe it's time for VI?

dunno about 1.85 but the kievans have some pretty darned good units to get in the newer one. Take rogatina inf. and russian retainers very good