Thread: how to move units: Please help!!!!!!

Dear all.

I have just bought Shogun Total War, but can not move the units to any direction that I want them. They seem to go in the opposite direction or so. E.g. in the learning chapter my unit can not finish the moving chapter since I get messages like " you have much to learn", and "follow orders".

I love the game up to now and would like to solve this, since I can not go on like this.

Can anybody please assist?

Thank in advance.

Kind regards,
    Echo

1: Select the unit (move cursor at their buttom flag and click, or select them on the map)
    2: Move the cursor to the desired location, and left-click. Now you will find the group moving.
    Common Unreflected Drinking Only Smartens

Senior Member Senior Member Krasturak's Avatar

Gah!

Select the unit.

Move the cursor where you want it to go.

The cursor should turn yellow when it is iver a place you are allowed to go. It will turn red when you are not allowed (impassable areas).

While the cursor is yellow, click once.

The unit should march to that place.

If this does not work, post again. Tell us what the cursor looks like, what happens when you click, and so on.

We'll try to help you.

Thanks for replying. Whenever I point forward, the men turn around and run towards me in stead of forward. The cursor is yellow.

Please help.

Regards,
    Echo

I am running the gam in XP, is that what makes the game uncontrollable, or is it the video card? I found out that if I do not use video acceleration (and therefor use "software" in the options tabloid) the subtitles are in wood, and the units respond perfectly. Unfortunately the graphics are poor and I can not swiftly move the camera around.

On the other hand, when I us my primary display driver (i.e. Geforce 4MX) the subtitles are in grey, the camera moves quickly without stuttering, however the units do not respind right).

Can anybody help me out?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
    Echo

warning- plot loss in progress Senior Member barocca's Avatar
    (*disclaimer* - reality may or may not exist, in some societies reality is a crime, punishable by life)

This is directly connected to video card,

this is now a tech support question,

there is something unusual about some brands of Geforce MX400 video cards, The correct instructions for installing the card will be in the manual that came with the card.
    TNG. has a geforce mx400 and she cannot use the geforce drivers that came with it.
    TNG. uses TNT drivers.
    (and no I don't know which TNT drivers)
    (TNG. is a techie for a living, and prefers to solve her own tech issues)

Suggest either repost this in tech support or maybe one of the moderators will move?

Erado will be much better at solving this issue than I.
    The winds that blows -
    ask them, which leaf on the tree
    will be next to go.

Erado,

Could you please forward this item to the technical forum. Anyone please inform me how to solve my problem.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
    Echo