Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Diadochi

Default Re: Diadochi

I visit here alot, although I never post.

I am an amateur historian of sorts and pretty good with photoshop, this looks like a great mod and would love to be of any assistance.

I would love to play this mod, the Hellenic Total War mod was superb, but I'm looking for something classical orientated beyond HTW.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Rusher
    I don't mean to flame, this sounds like a really good idea, but has anybody noticed that the only person ever to post in here is the creator himself?
    I've been reading it a lot myself but, lately Alogic hasn't asked anyone for assistance and, seems he's working at a good pace.

How many times do you have to tell someone you like what their doing?

BTW welcome to the forums Forgotten Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Rusher
    I don't mean to flame, this sounds like a really good idea, but has anybody noticed that the only person ever to post in here is the creator himself?
    Give it time.

As more work is done and as we see more of this Mod, others will be commenting on it.

Fortunately, alogic has been doing great work, and has been sharing everything with us on almost a daily basis.

I follow his work every day, although I don't post often.

keep it up

Savior of Peasant Phill Member Silver Rusher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pericles
    Give it time.

As more work is done and as we see more of this Mod, others will be commenting on it.

Fortunately, alogic has been doing great work, and has been sharing everything with us on almost a daily basis.

I follow his work every day, although I don't post often.

keep it up
    Hey, if you need something to use for the 3d graphics go here and download:

http://www.soft32.com/download_20030.html

I'm always happy to help with other mods, I just hope somebody can spend a second to pray for mine. (see signature below)
    THE GODFATHER, PART 2
    The Thread

Arena Senior Member Crazed Rabbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This looks to be an awesome mod. I have never seen such a thought out mod at the begining. I will definately keep MTW on my hard drive for this mod!

Crazed Rabbit
    Ja Mata, Tosa.

The poorest man may in his cottage bid defiance to all the forces of the Crown. It may be frail; its roof may shake; the wind may blow through it; the storm may enter; the rain may enter; but the King of England cannot enter – all his force dares not cross the threshold of the ruined tenement! - William Pitt the Elder

As always.. thank everyone for supporting Diadoch..... Something that I would like to say is that the opinion of Silver Rusher in regards to the lack of outside post in this thread.. is not reflected by myself.. I know I have plenty of support and I can see the interest in my mod by simply looking at the number of views I recieve each day..

I use this thread myself to help keep my thoughts organized ( this is the reason I have so many posts).. instead of simply keeping my notes to myself.. I make them public for everyone to see.. this way everyone can see what I'm up to, as well as, generating interest in the mod itself...

Help.. right now this is a one man show.. I have had this mod in mind for a long time.. I really have a good idea how everything is going to be done.. I may ask later for some help on some things.. but right now everything is running pretty smooth..

As far as a 3d modeling/animating programs goes.. I already have several very good ones that I am quite happy with.. but thanks anyway for the info.

For those of you that are interested in helping with a mod.. I will be starting another mod entitled Rise of Rome... I will allow much more freedom in the decision making for this mod.. I mainly will handle the unit graphics and mod conception... If anyone is interested in being part of this team let me know.. I will begin a separate thread later.. One thing to remember is that Diadoch is my first priority... for more information about Rise of Rome see earlier post in this thread.. (page 3 / middle / marked Rise of..)
    Last edited by alogic; 09-05-2004 at 23:03.
    Always check first page of this thread for model updates.. and page two for Faction updates...

Tangy, yet Zesty Member Zastrow's Avatar

Hello, this is ForgottenImmortal, I made a new account because i was having some problems with it.

I would enjoy supplying any historical info you need for a Rise of Rome Mod.

I will be posting some in game shots of the new Hellenic Pike unit.. this will be the regular Pike phalanx animation used by Epirus, Pontus, Greek Leagues, and Kyrenaica...

Pyrrhus' Pikes bear down on Kyrenaica
    http://www.image-dump.com/view.php?m=1&x=18050
    (note: faction banners/emblems will change)

Close up
    http://www.image-dump.com/view.php?m=1&x=18051

Formations
    http://www.image-dump.com/view.php?m=1&x=18049
    various pike formations can be viewed near bottom of page 4

Chaeonian Guard: front
    http://www.image-dump.com/view.php?m=1&x=18073

Chaeonian Guard: rear
    http://www.image-dump.com/view.php?m=1&x=18072

Levy Pike:
    http://www.image-dump.com/view.php?m=1&x=18074

**note Chaeonian guard was created simply by applying Epirote faction color to Diadoch style phalanx...

**Levy pike will have a shield..
    Last edited by alogic; 09-06-2004 at 01:51.
    Always check first page of this thread for model updates.. and page two for Faction updates...

Tangy, yet Zesty Member Zastrow's Avatar

I can't wait to play at King Phyrrus.

Also, what historical battles are you doing?

Zastrow.. you are more than welcome to help out with Rise of Rome... I will be starting a new Thread soon just for this new mod..

For others who might be interested in joining the RoR team please post under new thread.. I want to keep Diadoch thread separate.. For those who are interested.. please note that I only plan on supplying units for the game (at this time) and the intial conception.. I have an overall idea how I want the mod to be.. but you guys have the freedom to fill in the details..

I have seen several people whom have created or worked on mods reguarding Rome.. (Fall of Rome.. Centurion) I hope the creators of these might be interested in my offer, if we work together we can produce a stellar game I'm sure..

This will be the last post in this Thread in regards to my Roman mod.. from here on this thread wil be reserved for Diadochi

More good news... Flip has sent a 3d version of the Boetian style helmet (the one seen on pictures of Alexander's Companion Cav) to me.. as well as a Thracian style helmet.. this is a huge help for my mod as I have been unable to reproduce this helmet (Boetian) on my own....

Thank you Flip

I will begin working it into my models tonight.. may have some initial pics later..

.... ok here is a basic model showing Flips excellent Boetian helmet (this is a cav unit so just imagine the horse for now).. I will work more on this unit later.. right now I am still transfering some of my initial models into MTW..
    http://www.image-dump.com/view.php?m=1&x=18088
    Last edited by alogic; 09-06-2004 at 05:27.

alogic:

Those are great screenshots - those long spears are well done

Being a modder myself, I have also found it faster to work on mods alone, since a person doesn't have to worry about people leaving, not doing work, etc. . .

Also, it allows you, the creater, to define your own vision for your creation.

Nicely done. . .

Agreed.. I have a definate vision of how Diadoch should be.. if I had a team.. then inevitably I would end up having to debate and possibly make concessions to please others.. This is quite fine with me in regards to RoR.. but not Diadoch.. she's my baby (so to speak)

With that being said however.. I am also not one to turn down assistance from other modders.. as long as their work fits in with my vision of how Diadoch will be.. That being said.. I may have ascertained some outside assistance with regards to one of the more important aspects of the game.. I cannot disclose anymore info right now.. as nothing is for sure yet.. but I promise.. if things do work out.. there will be a big announcement (literally)

Just going to update everyone on what I'm up to right now.. I am presently at work introducing my Hypaspist model into the MTW environment.. I will definetly post a pic later.. It will most likely just be a standing pose (the easiest to introduce).. but I plan on having the anims for walk/run/charge finished by tommorrow.. then I will work on fight/die anims.. I also need to work out what kind of shield image I am going to use for this guy.. So I will probably just use a dummy shield for tonights pic..

check this post later for link to pic...

ok.. here is how the infopic will look.. color will be faded and name and attributes will be added once it is transfered in game.. this is just an infopic not the model itself yet..
    http://www.image-dump.com/view.php?m=1&x=18148

..back again.. well the Hypaspist really didn't look that good in game.. too plain.. this unit will represent an elite Spear (Sp) unit and it just didn't come off looking that way.. Sooo I made some adjustments.. I made this model by combining the Wargames Foundry idea of an Hypaspist and the Dbaol image that I posted above.. the result is this:
    http://www.image-dump.com/view.php?m=1&x=18151

I will now attempt to introduce this fella into the game.. and will see how it looks...

here is the reference image from The Wargames Foundry.. just look for Hypaspist.. http://www.wargamesfoundry.com/collections/WG/WG11.asp
    Last edited by alogic; 09-07-2004 at 08:15.

Kanto Kanrei Member Marshal Murat's Avatar

Hey Alogic, I would just personally think that the Hyp. wings on the helmet need to be changed to a more "upright" position, not down like its flappings.

If its something else sorry.
    "Nietzsche is dead" - God

"I agree, although I support China I support anyone discovering things for Science and humanity." - lenin96

Re: Pursuit of happiness
    Have you just been dumped?

I ask because it's usually something like that which causes outbursts like this, needless to say I dissagree completely.

Great mod, can't wait for the final version; talking about that, when will the mod be ready?

ok I'm back.. sorry for the late post.. I've been out tonight.. I'm feeling pretty good right now.. so probably not much work is going to take place at this moment (if you know what I mean).. just to give a slight update.. last night I attempted to introduce Hypaspist into the game.. no matter how well they looked in my 3d engine environment.. once transfered into MTW.. blah.. really dissappointing.. I tried the original model and a suped up model.. no luck.. neither looked well in-game.. so for the moment the Hypaspist are going to have to wait.. I will be working on Regulars of the Diadoch style pike now.... and will return to Hypaspist at a later date...
    Last edited by alogic; 09-10-2004 at 02:52.

Just a quick update.. I have gotten the Regulars (Diadoch Pike) ready.. and am now transfering them to the game.. this is not a big change.. the regulars use the same model as the veterans.. just a slightly different faction color scheme... will also be taking a look at Galatian models in the game environ.. to see how they look.. like I've stated before.. no matter how great the models look at regular size.. once scaled down to MTW they could look like crap.. so fingers crossed..

Looks good. Can't wait to try it, esp considering that I will likely put off buying RTW until some mods are out to fix certain historical problems. Also, hats off to you for your lighting like progress on this mod.

GoreBag: Oh, Prole, you're a nerd's wet dream.

Thank you for your interest Discovery.. the mod itself is still in its infancy unfortunately.. the models themselves are just a small piece of the overall puzzle.. but I am making progress daily...

is not a senior Member Meneldil's Avatar

Default Re : Diadochi

Hum, is the mod dead or what ?

Default Re: Re : Diadochi

Quote Originally Posted by Meneldil
    Hum, is the mod dead or what ?
    "Always check first page of this thread for model updates.. and page two for Faction updates..."

Hum...yeah...
    Sorry

After checking the first and second pages, I feel like total dumb.
    Last edited by Meneldil; 09-25-2004 at 20:35.

I think this mod is dead - the first two pages were last edited on Sept 6, 2004, and Alogic hasn't made a comment here for 18 days.

same thing with his Rise of Rome mod - nothing there in 18 days either.

Member Member dimitrios the samian's Avatar

Nahh !! I hope not ,, maybe he's just busy in the real world .

Ambiguous Member Byzantine Prince's Avatar

After all that work that went into making this I would be really suprised if Alogic gave it all up. He'll back soon. I really want this mod, lol.

i hope so too, is alogic still around?

He hadn't logged in since October I think, which makes me think he had some problems IRL and isn't able to connect anymore.

I hope it's not a serious issue and that he'll be back soon.

Anyway, I'm currently planning to make a RTW mod about the Diadochi. I'm looking for a skinner who would work for the team (right now, a lot of people allowed me to use their skins, but I think we'd better have a personnal skinner/modeler)
    Last edited by Meneldil; 01-25-2005 at 17:34.

Great news to all people who supported Alogic. He sent me a PM at TWCenter. He's doing alright, but he his limited time does not allow him to work on Diadochi anymore, though he might join Successor Total War team for RTW.

Non playable or possible additions
    12.Illyrians
    13.Jewish state
    14.Pontic
    15.India
    16.Libya
    17.Medianite
    18.Armenian
    19.Kyrenaican
    20.Bosphorus
    This would not be a possible faction, unless you find a way to make them "appear" or if you add mor than one era.The Chanuka(sp) story is FAR into this game, perhaps after it ends.It would be Selusid at the begaining, AND Rome was powerful by that time.
    Pray for the Pope, I am Protestent, but still pray.
    Buy me MTW2 and RTW of I'll your

German Enthusiast Member Alexanderofmacedon's Avatar

An other damn good looking mod for MTW...

I swear to god, I'm getting that game soon...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast